2010 Bentley Supersports OR Gen V Viper

Chipster

Supersports or Viper  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you choose?

• 2010 Bentley Supersports
    • 2016 Viper ACR base OR 2014 Viper TA
  2. 2. Which option do you think will hold value better?

• 2016 Viper ACR base OR 2014 Viper TA
  3. 3. Which vehicle requires more sunscreen when driving?

• 2016 Viper ACR base or 2014 Viper TA

Get the supersport, I've spent a lot of seat time in one and absolutely loved it. If you buy it right and decide you don't like it after a few months you won't lose anything.

Or a Gallardo.

Anything in particular you loved about it? Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it's like a Damn freight train! Personally I love the looks, you definitely spot them from a mile away even here in Dallas. They go 0-60 in 3.7 without a tune or exhaust which is still crazy quick. They are AWD which I like, especially where you live you can take that in the snow no problem, I drove one around Boston during some terrible weather and it handled like a champ. While not as comfortable as the standard CGT still comfortable. Also they took their depreciation already.

After driving the older generation Vipers (2006 convertible and a 2008 Hennessey 700 coupe) their is no way in hell I would own one. I am sure the new model that is currentely out is much better and from what I have been told they are night and day different than the older generations. BUT, the SS is a badass car. It is heavy but feels great and the fit and finish is gorgeous. Chicks love the SS as well - if that is a plus? For this price point have you considered a Gallardo?

I would also go with the SS. Love those. Its a super nice cruiser and definitely a bruiser when you need it to be. I am partial to GT type cars though.

Yes, it's like a Damn freight train! Personally I love the looks, you definitely spot them from a mile away even here in Dallas. They go 0-60 in 3.7 without a tune or exhaust which is still crazy quick. They are AWD which I like, especially where you live you can take that in the snow no problem, I drove one around Boston during some terrible weather and it handled like a champ. While not as comfortable as the standard CGT still comfortable. Also they took their depreciation already.

Yeah they seem plenty quick. I also love the alcantara.

After driving the older generation Vipers (2006 convertible and a 2008 Hennessey 700 coupe) their is no way in hell I would own one. I am sure the new model that is currentely out is much better and from what I have been told they are night and day different than the older generations. BUT, the SS is a badass car. It is heavy but feels great and the fit and finish is gorgeous. Chicks love the SS as well - if that is a plus? For this price point have you considered a Gallardo?

I think I will consider a Gallardo but only if it's manual. Maybe an 08 SL but I think that may be more than I want to spend. My gf likes the Bentley over the Viper but she could really care less probably haha. It's cool that I could bring either to a car meet and still enjoy it.

Chipster...you know my preference already ;)

Haha, yeah. It's a hard choice because I like both. But it could be a while. Lots of tire kickers with the Diablo.

I would also go with the SS. Love those. Its a super nice cruiser and definitely a bruiser when you need it to be. I am partial to GT type cars though.

I've never really tried out a GT, so that's some of the appeal.

You erection killer! Lol

I'm sure I would feel a little disappointed on twisty roads compared to a Sportscar.

Had an SS Convertible for 1 year.

It's fast gorgeous and the seats are cut from a Veyron - people can say whatever they want car does everything.

Downside -ceramics are shaky yes I tracked the porker but slowly came to realize no matter what she's a fatty that rolls coupe is most likely much better.

Looking to change SVR Range Rover interested to see what you end up with - thinking FF SLR 599 F12

Had an SS Convertible for 1 year.

It's fast gorgeous and the seats are cut from a Veyron - people can say whatever they want car does everything.

Downside -ceramics are shaky yes I tracked the porker but slowly came to realize no matter what she's a fatty that rolls coupe is most likely much better.

Looking to change SVR Range Rover interested to see what you end up with - thinking FF SLR 599 F12

I really like the F12 but way out of my range lol.

I really like the F12 but way out of my range lol.

Have you driven the Supersports?

Larger brakes than the Veyron - if you don't drag them in wet or cold the car won't stop.

Agree on the F12 and could use a backseat FF makes more sense all around.

Have you driven the Supersports?

Larger brakes than the Veyron - if you don't drag them in wet or cold the car won't stop.

Agree on the F12 and could use a backseat FF makes more sense all around.

I haven't. Only bentley I've driven was an 02 Arnage T. I'm not even going to bother until my car sells. BUT worst case, ToofDoc is only like 3-4 hours away if I don't end up seeing one closer at a dealer. I wonder too if I find a Speed model closer if that would give me a solid idea on a SS

I haven't. Only bentley I've driven was an 02 Arnage T. I'm not even going to bother until my car sells. BUT worst case, ToofDoc is only like 3-4 hours away if I don't end up seeing one closer at a dealer. I wonder too if I find a Speed model closer if that would give me a solid idea on a SS

I think any Bentley will give you a good idea - the SS is on steroids all around.

Never even sat in one - found one in Dallas flew down and drove it home 10 hours.

GLWS - the SS won't drop any further everyone drools over the looks and performance and if you get bored it's easy to unload.

I think any Bentley will give you a good idea - the SS is on steroids all around.

Never even sat in one - found one in Dallas flew down and drove it home 10 hours.

GLWS - the SS won't drop any further everyone drools over the looks and performance and if you get bored it's easy to unload.

Appreciate the feedback! I think I'm leaning that way at the moment.

Appreciate the feedback! I think I'm leaning that way at the moment.

Good news, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Pics to follow after purchase, of course :)

Good news, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Pics to follow after purchase, of course :)

The rare blue one I liked was sold already. My truck is silver so I don't really want that unless I find one like toofs, but there are a couple other good ones available.

The rare blue one I liked was sold already. My truck is silver so I don't really want that unless I find one like toofs, but there are a couple other good ones available.

Oh well, do NOT rush with your decision.

It's like buying the house, either you love it at the first sight, or pass it along.

When I was considering bentleys, I was set on the supersports. But I learned that a good way to get solid performance, spend less money, and maybe have access to another color combo that an SS might not offer (since there aren't a ton of them online compared to standard) is to get a normal W12 continental gt and do an ecu tune. You end up with almost identical hp and tq as a non-tuned SS.

If you want to buy my G I'll sell it to you...it's egear, but you know you'd be getting a mechanically perfect car...

When I was considering bentleys, I was set on the supersports. But I learned that a good way to get solid performance, spend less money, and maybe have access to another color combo that an SS might not offer (since there aren't a ton of them online compared to standard) is to get a normal W12 continental gt and do an ecu tune. You end up with almost identical hp and tq as a non-tuned SS.

If you want to buy my G I'll sell it to you...it's egear, but you know you'd be getting a mechanically perfect car...

Thanks David! One of the things I like most about the SS is the alcantara interior though. I did think about a plain old GT though just since they are much cheaper. I think I'd need to find a manual Gallardo to be interested. But who knows. I'll keep you in mind though!

All shades of blue work very nicely for normal Bentley conti but I am not sure how well it works with SS's blacked out grill details. Red SS looks awesome but they are rare.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Bentley dealer near DC got a graphite supersports. Actually had the rear seats option. I really liked the car. So many damn buttons though lol. The parking brake was pretty cool. I had also thought I would notice a huge difference with the CCBs but since I didn't do any hard braking, they felt like normal brakes to me. The ride felt nice too. I need to check out a Gallardo too still