Underground Racing TT Lamborghini Huracan 7.80 1/4 Mile Pass **VIDEO**

After running 8.55 only a week ago we made a few changes and got right back out there. This time with our newest 10 plate Dodson clutch setup. When Dodson told us how much power the clutch setup should hold we decided to upgrade the car to the 2R level that makes approximately 1,800 WHP.

With the newly added 2R power level and already putting down a great 60 foot time the Underground Racing DCT Lamborghini Huracan was ready for the track. Keep in mind we are only using a 19" Nitto drag radial. After a few adjustments to dial in the launch with the bigger turbos we were ready. Our best pass of the day was 7.8 at 188 mph. Stayed tuned for faster times as we are will be working on the X Version DCT setup next. Special thanks to Proline Racing, John Reed, Dodson Motorsports, Precision Turbo and Rockingham Dragway for the great track prep.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Looks so stock.....

You could go to a local drag strip and win some money with that thing.......

Been waiting all day for the video and that was awesome. Sounds so amazing after the car shifted into 7th gear at the end of the pass. I think thats the first car to use all 7 gears with a 7 speed DCT in the 1/4 mile :) good job.

Crazy!Even Crazier is that car looks no different than the day i saw it at the dealer right before UR got it! Certainly doesn't look like a 7 sec car but sure does run like one haha

Really impressive. Curious does corporate provide any technical assistance or do they give you the one finger salute.

I think they take notes from UGR... Haha

Great job Kevin and KC.

Hope you're feeling better!

Mike

Do you think there is a way to tweak the launch control to make more boost on the launch? I just say this because it seems Pro Mod/Top Sportsman guys are launching at full boost. . But they also have 2 1/2 foot wide slicks.

Completely Insane

Huge Congrats! And like Mike said , get to feeling better.. A shot of NyQuil is worth at least two tenths.

Do you think there is a way to tweak the launch control to make more boost on the launch? I just say this because it seems Pro Mod/Top Sportsman guys are launching at full boost. . But they also have 2 1/2 foot wide slicks.

Turbo Promods launch at full boost?

Turbo Promods launch at full boost?

Maybe not full boost, but way up there.

Any VBOX numbers from that run?

If I had to guess. 2s 60-130. E gear took about .5 seconds or more on shifts to regain full momentum. Dct there is 0 lag. 60-130 was 2-3 shifts in Gallardo.

Maybe not full boost, but way up there.

I really doubt HP is limiting the launch speed, with traction control it's most likely on the ragged edge of what the tires will hold.

And are you really making a comparison to a promod car here... really?

Big difference between a pro mod and a lamborghini. 1.34 is about as good as the car will get given it's set up. I'm betting the suspension is not changed one bit to allow for a "drag" launch. Car probably comes in as is from the street, swapped on radials and boom 1.34, then heads home. No need for any more boost really.

I really doubt HP is limiting the launch speed, with traction control it's most likely on the ragged edge of what the tires will hold.

Launch really does a lot in drag racing. MPH wont change but ET does. If you can get a launch down, between a hair below wheel spin and hooking and going, its everything.

And are you really making a comparison to a promod car here... really?

Simply stating that they launch at full boost. I know they have the traction that can hold that, just seemed like there was more on the table in the terms of the launch for the Lambo.

just seemed like there was more on the table in the terms of the launch for the Lambo.

I agree. But keep in mind this is only the beginning. More power is underway with like 500WHP more at X version levels. The Huracan Superleggera is also underway with 100 lb+ less weight possibly.

At some point I´m sure they will accomplish an even better launch in the 1.2 region and get into the low 7s at 200+. And who knows when we will see 6´s...

Exactly how much boost do you think a 19" Nitto is going to handle on launch... They are getting everything they can out of that tire. I am sure its not a question of CAN THEY give it boost, but more of how much can the tires hold before it totally blows them off

and LOL to your video of the PROMOD with like 32" tires that are 2 foot wide, with 2 PSI in them. Come on man.. quit trolling

You can hear the tires just barely holing on with the amount of boost we were using off the launch through 1st gear. 1.3 60 is plenty good enough to ET much better. Just need to step the power up everywhere other than the launch next time with a bigger TT system. ;)