battery leaking

murcivu

Decided to open the cover and saw this. What brand is a good replacement? Also, is there already a "built in" plug for the battery tender or do you have to connect your own?

battery.jpg

You sure that is a leak? Looks like it could be a protective coating.

The hardwire for tender would be connected to the positive terminal and a negative ground such as a chassis bolt.

Yeah, AGM or Absorbed Glass Mat batteries are supposed to be leak free I thought. Are you have power issues or just happened to see that?

It sure looks like a spray on protective coating to me that went a little out of control. I know the Permatex version is purple. I have seen red also, but never yellow.

Dielectric grease? If your battery was leaking, I think it would have a crusty residue by now. When was your car last serviced? It's possible this was just a precautionary measure or courtesy that they provide to prevent corroding terminals.

Yeah, AGM or Absorbed Glass Mat batteries are supposed to be leak free I thought. Are you have power issues or just happened to see that?

Agree with Chipster that since it's an AGM battery and not a flooded cell, lead acid battery, what I see in the picture you provided is not a leak. I suspect that yellow stuff on and around the terminals is some type of anti-corrosion "pookey" (technical term). :-)

Just got the car and happen to open the cover and saw that. My first instinct was leakage. I know nothing about batteries. Thank you gentlemen for the reassurance.

BTW...where does everyone run their wires for the battery tender?