Anyone own a Speciale? Thoughts?

Plastique999

Fortis' date='May 9 2016, 03:40 PM' post='1242192']

The dealer says November, but he didn't mention the year :eusa_think: LOL, it's been so long I kind of lost interest to be perfectly honest, hopefully it will spark back up once I see the car.

It will be well worth the wait I'm sure! Just gives you more time to enjoy the Huracan!!

I sold the H few months back, Lamboless at the moment :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortis' date='May 11 2016, 04:33 AM' post='1242273']

Ahhh....what are you going to get in the interim until you're SVR arrives?...Roy has a badass STS listed for sale!

Plastique999' date='May 10 2016, 02:14 AM' post='1242215']

Perfect color with the perfect Italian stripe!

What color is your interior?

Let me know if you are ever interested in selling.

Thank you! Appreciate the kind words. I searched for 10 months for the right spec.... Just got the car back from having CF mirrors installed. Looks sick! Getting some better pics of the car done soon..But here's a couple pics of the interior. The seats were optioned with the Italian flag color scheme stitching going down the center along with the same matching stiching on the steering wheel.

Damn that is seriously a gorgeous matching interior!

Well done!

Fortis' date='May 11 2016, 04:33 AM' post='1242273']

Ahhh....what are you going to get in the interim until you're SVR arrives?...Roy has a badass STS listed for sale!

image.jpeg

This toy keeps me busy until I get the SV.

Plastique999' date='May 12 2016, 02:41 AM' post='1242390']

Damn that is seriously a gorgeous matching interior!

Well done!

Thanks buddy :la:

Are you in the market for one? I promise you wont be disappointed.....At the time I was considering a Mclaren 675LT (as well as a couple other exotics)..It was somewhat of a difficult decision as the competition is getting more and more fierce each year, but I was just tired of chasing the next best/fastest thing and at the end of the day the Speciale was the best fit for what I was looking for at this time.

'Fortis' date='May 12 2016, 08:44 AM' post='1242402']

image.jpeg

Ah Yes!.. I remember you posting the GT4 a few months back.... heard they are a blast to drive! Love the color :icon_thumleft:

If money is no issue, buy one now. If you have some chinese in your blood, then you will live by the age old adage of "buy low, sell high" and wait for prices to drop. It will drop before it appreciates like every other new car gaining age, it's no ThethetheFerrari or F12TdF.

'scandal' date='May 12 2016, 11:31 PM' post='1242490']

If money is no issue, buy one now. If you have some chinese in your blood, then you will live by the age old adage of "buy low, sell high" and wait for prices to drop. It will drop before it appreciates like every other new car gaining age, it's no ThethetheFerrari or F12TdF.

I think a lot of potential Speciale buyers have been "waiting" on the prices to drop for well over a year and a half now, but depending on what part of the world you are from the opposite has actually occurred....I searched for about 10 months not necessarily waiting on the prices to drop, but more so waiting on a paticular color/spec I wanted and then negotiated the very best deal I could (the well spec'd ones sell fast and usually at full asking price) ...However if someone doesnt care too much about the year (14 vs 15)... miles, specific color, options, or it being unique and not in a hurry to buy then wait ...hopefully the waiting pays off...As you pointed out buying newer exotics with the mindset of it being an investment or to not lose any money is a silly concept aside from a few exceptions which you mentioned.. F12tdf, ThethetheFerrari ?..(good luck getting either one of those at MSRP) along with maybe a few hyper cars, some Porsche ..etc...

Buy the car you want and try to enjoy it as much as you can if your fortunate enough that the car you chose happens to go up in value then fantastic you hit the lottery! ...if it at least stays at MSRP job well done!...trying to predict what these cars will do short term, mid term and long term is like trying to predict the stock market. You win some ..You lose some...So far the Speciale has held up well and a lot longer than most critics predicted it would two years ago. Is it a fool proof buy? No..Not necessarily ... As far as sustaining value goes is it a safer bet than most of the modern day exotics? I believe so..Especially if you buy the right one at the right price.

I highly doubt the price will drop on the Speciale. It is the last NA V8 that the company is going to produce, and for this reason it will hold its value (viz the manual transmission). I love the car. Love the sound. Love the look. That car is a keeper for sure.

I highly doubt the price will drop on the Speciale. It is the last NA V8 that the company is going to produce, and for this reason it will hold its value (viz the manual transmission). I love the car. Love the sound. Love the look. That car is a keeper for sure.

Ahhh how short our memories are. All the manual cars took a huge dump before clawing back in rage recently. That kinda statement though brotha, would be like saying all the non-Speciale 458s would skyrocket in price...yet all I see is drop, drop, drop.

I'm a lambo guy, so that's probably why I never thought the Speciale was easy on the eyes...there's too much funky shit going on in the front, and it just doesn't pull off the stripes like the old CS or Scud imo. I'd take either CS or Scud over a Speciale any day of the week if it just boiled down to looks!

date='May 13 2016, 01:02 PM' post='1242557']

Ahhh how short our memories are. All the manual cars took a huge dump before clawing back in rage recently. That kinda statement though brotha, would be like saying all the non-Speciale 458s would skyrocket in price...yet all I see is drop, drop, drop.

I'm a lambo guy, so that's probably why I never thought the Speciale was easy on the eyes...there's too much funky shit going on in the front, and it just doesn't pull off the stripes like the old CS or Scud imo. I'd take either CS or Scud over a Speciale any day of the week if it just boiled down to looks!

I am a Lambo guy as well ... I assume we all are if we are members on this forum, but I am also non biased to other brands as well.... I guess we all have different opinions on what styling we like.. I personally think the Speciale is badass in every aspect especially the design factor. There's a reason the car is continuing to be a hot seller ... its arguably one of the most beautiful designed Ferrari's ever produced.

date='May 13 2016, 01:02 PM' post='1242557']

I am a Lambo guy as well ... I assume we all are if we are members on this forum, but I am also non biased to other brands as well.... I guess we all have different opinions on what styling we like.. I personally think the Speciale is badass in every aspect especially the design factor. There's a reason the car is continuing to be a hot seller ... its arguably one of the most beautiful designed Ferrari's ever produced.

I think it's still considered a "new" car, so for people looking for the new new, it's still one so it's keeping the prices afloat. Reminds me of what's happened with the GT4, but now, used examples are selling for far cheaper...for the longest time people wanted 20-30k over msrp used! Now one can be had, with mods and those sexy 918 buckets for under msrp.

As a lambo guy, I prefer the muscular, aggressive looking stuff. The speciale is this weird blend of feminine curves and catfish angles. I always thought the regular 458 was "pretty", but lacked unf. The Speciale got more unf, but it got the uglier face of a catfish...like a Adrianna Lima after a facelift gone wrong.

I follow this one ferrari dude on instagram, he posted a pretty hilarious comparison. I think he nailed it lmao complete with barbles and nostril vents!

11273129_857855427619810_2067281988_n.jpg

May 13 2016, 02:19 PM' post='1242585']

I think it's still considered a "new" car, so for people looking for the new new, it's still one so it's keeping the prices afloat. Reminds me of what's happened with the GT4, but now, used examples are selling for far cheaper...for the longest time people wanted 20-30k over msrp used! Now one can be had, with mods and those sexy 918 buckets for under msrp.

As a lambo guy, I prefer the muscular, aggressive looking stuff. The speciale is this weird blend of feminine curves and catfish angles. I always thought the regular 458 was "pretty", but lacked unf. The Speciale got more unf, but it got the uglier face of a catfish...like a Adrianna Lima after a facelift gone wrong.

Yea I think I saw that pic a long time ago ... Old news man.

Being a fellow Lambo guy (as you keep mentioning over and over again) what model do you own exactly? or do you even own one?.... Let's do some critiquing

'Fortis' date='May 12 2016, 08:44 AM' post='1242402']

image.jpeg

Ah Yes!.. I remember you posting the GT4 a few months back.... heard they are a blast to drive! Love the color :icon_thumleft:

First track day almost a week ago, best fun I had in a car in a very long time, this car will stay with me for a while.

I had a scandal aventador, I hit internet acclaim at one point when I flipped it, literally. Then got another 12 arancio vent shortly after then sold that. Now, I'm just rolling around in a fat wraith, nothing to be boastful about. I come on here once in awhile when I'm bored, been bored a lot lately hehe.

May 13 2016, 02:19 PM' post='1242585']

Yea I think I saw that pic a long time ago ... Old news man.

Being a fellow Lambo guy (as you keep mentioning over and over again) what model do you own exactly? or do you even own one?.... Let's do some critiquing

'scandal' date='May 12 2016, 11:31 PM' post='1242490']

I think a lot of potential Speciale buyers have been "waiting" on the prices to drop for well over a year and a half now, but depending on what part of the world you are from the opposite has actually occurred....I searched for about 10 months not necessarily waiting on the prices to drop, but more so waiting on a paticular color/spec I wanted and then negotiated the very best deal I could (the well spec'd ones sell fast and usually at full asking price) ...However if someone doesnt care too much about the year (14 vs 15)... miles, specific color, options, or it being unique and not in a hurry to buy then wait ...hopefully the waiting pays off...As you pointed out buying newer exotics with the mindset of it being an investment or to not lose any money is a silly concept aside from a few exceptions which you mentioned.. F12tdf, ThethetheFerrari ?..(good luck getting either one of those at MSRP) along with maybe a few hyper cars, some Porsche ..etc...

Buy the car you want and try to enjoy it as much as you can if your fortunate enough that the car you chose happens to go up in value then fantastic you hit the lottery! ...if it at least stays at MSRP job well done!...trying to predict what these cars will do short term, mid term and long term is like trying to predict the stock market. You win some ..You lose some...So far the Speciale has held up well and a lot longer than most critics predicted it would two years ago. Is it a fool proof buy? No..Not necessarily ... As far as sustaining value goes is it a safer bet than most of the modern day exotics? I believe so..Especially if you buy the right one at the right price.

Yes, I'm in the market for a white one - I'm not a fan of resale red Ferrai's. But it's interesting to see how color does effect the value of these cars.

True, picking these cars in terms of value is like picking stocks.

I am likely to wait til winter to see if prices do soften, could be wrong though.

In the end, though as others have said, last NA V8 means the Speciale can only go up long term.

Yes, I'm in the market for a white one - I'm not a fan of resale red Ferrai's. But it's interesting to see how color does effect the value of these cars.

True, picking these cars in terms of value is like picking stocks.

I am likely to wait til winter to see if prices do soften, could be wrong though.

In the end, though as others have said, last NA V8 means the Speciale can only go up long term.

Was on the hunt last year and passed on a few even an Aperta at 100k over.

Agree being the last NA V8 will help it's a fantastic build - prefer the Scuderia and those are still well below invoice.

458 Huracan cf tub which is a much better car the list goes on of twin clutch NA IMO Speciale is a great car if you have a smaller stable - 599GTO 16M Scud for dramatic Schumi F1 much more old school excitement.

The Scud is close to being as fact on the track add an exhaust ecu and it's right there.

Anyway there is a white Speciale on e-bay not a bad price - obviously looking but I don't see the value over the Scud.

Was on the hunt last year and passed on a few even an Aperta at 100k over.

Agree being the last NA V8 will help it's a fantastic build - prefer the Scuderia and those are still well below invoice.

458 Huracan cf tub which is a much better car the list goes on of twin clutch NA IMO Speciale is a great car if you have a smaller stable - 599GTO 16M Scud for dramatic Schumi F1 much more old school excitement.

The Scud is close to being as fact on the track add an exhaust ecu and it's right there.

Anyway there is a white Speciale on e-bay not a bad price - obviously looking but I don't see the value over the Scud.

If you drove a Scud and Speciale back to back or against each other you would see the quantum leap. I'm not sure how anyone could say otherwise unless they have only experienced one of the two.

If you drove a Scud and Speciale back to back or against each other you would see the quantum leap. I'm not sure how anyone could say otherwise unless they have only experienced one of the two.

How is the Speciale a quantum leap - Scud is 1.5 seconds slower than the Speciale at Fiarano - the Scud came with crap tires so it's closer to 1 second.

Scud for 175k less it's worth considering - IMO it's a small step and even then it's personal preference.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/evo-reviews-...8-it-1471058328

Saw an aperta in sobe this past weekend. Just in looks alone it's leaps and bounds better than a reg 458. Good look on your search.

Thank you Tara!

Wow, asking $900k for an Aperta??? - that's over double MSRP, insane!

I do see quite a few white Speciales on the market...one ad says "priced reduced from $425..." to $400k.

Perhaps the market is softening a bit.

My eyes must be broken...I see Apertas asking 800-900k on ebay lololololol I know anyone can ask for whatever they want on a car but that's stupid ridiculous.

And whoever believes Ferrari only made 500 is a total moron.

Just purchased a Speciale a couple months ago and it's far exceeded my expectations thus far ..Never owned a Ferrari before nor have I ever driven one lol, but one thing is for sure it surely lives up to all the hype!! Love it!!

Good lord that is a beauty!