Pre OBDII LIE 39 pin connector

Sledge4.2

On the pre OBDII Diablo's, the WSM references the "Lamborghini Test Box", which plugs into the LIE harness (see pic)

That price on that box is $4,000 but it doesn't matter as its NLA.

The WSM lists a series of diagnostic tests using that test box, measuring ohms and volts, which I need to do. I the absence of the test box, I am going to test right from the LIE harness pins (or at least try to).

First question, does anyone have this box, and if so can you post a picture? Does to go inline allowing the harness to be connected with the LIE (ie, running at the same time as using the test box)?

Second question, has any one mapped the 39 pins their terminal locations? I haven't looked at the connector yet, hoping they are marking in some fashion. If not, I am going to, or at least attempt to map them out.

Thank you fellas.

Geno

test_box.JPG

On the pre OBDII Diablo's, the WSM references the "Lamborghini Test Box", which plugs into the LIE harness (see pic)

That price on that box is $4,000 but it doesn't matter as its NLA.

The WSM lists a series of diagnostic tests using that test box, measuring ohms and volts, which I need to do. I the absence of the test box, I am going to test right from the LIE harness pins (or at least try to).

First question, does anyone have this box, and if so can you post a picture? Does to go inline allowing the harness to be connected with the LIE (ie, running at the same time as using the test box)?

Second question, has any one mapped the 39 pins their terminal locations? I haven't looked at the connector yet, hoping they are marking in some fashion. If not, I am going to, or at least attempt to map them out.

Thank you fellas.

Geno

I'm curious as to why you say 39 pins, as my wiring diagram only shows 35 pins on that ECU connector.

I'm curious as to why you say 39 pins, as my wiring diagram only shows 35 pins on that ECU connector.

35 certainly makes sense as that is the maximum number of poles referenced from the diagnostic pages.

Page 25 of the Electric System tab in the WSM, referencing part 113 from the electrical schematic, states: " Connector between engine and injection-ignition ECUs harnesses 39 pin"

The WSM, and electrical diagram is for a VT, I don't think there is a separate WSM and electrical diagram for the 91...

now that I am looking at the correct f'ing part, the schematic also shows rows 1-18, and 19 through 35, so should be able to perform all tests logically without the box. Thanks again,

Geno