Shift Sector Oregon

TT R8 GT

I figured the registration number was a typo. There has been many 2000 hp Lambos and none have run anything near 247.

Those are just really meant to be a basic orientation from all the big power builds attending. Its the same for TI. Nobody with 2000HP and above actually knows all the time what their exact numbers are they are putting down on the ground at the events. The boost levels are adjusted according to the available traction so a cars HP may vary a lot from warm up runs to the final all out racing passes.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured the registration number was a typo. There has been many 2000 hp Lambos and none have run anything near 247.

Those registration HP numbers are usually a joke, but not for Gidi because he's not afraid to tell people what power level he runs at lol

We have never dynoed these cars at the level we are racing them. So no one knows.:)

You need a billet dyno to handle all them horsepowers.

So awesome everyone ran well and their cars are still together. That's crazy at that high level of speed.

We have never dynoed these cars at the level we are racing them. So no one knows.:)

Too much power haha. Glad everyone stayed safe this weekend. That's what I was actually worrying about the most because of the crazy speeds that you would expect to see in a standing mile, not 1/2 mile

Anyone know the altitude for this?

Altitude is about 157 feet. Saturday was a scorching 90 degrees and not a cloud in sight. Sunday had a lot better conditions. It was in the low 70s.

Congrats really rare to see Customers racing their own cars and breaking records and going back with no engine problems while breaking records! Really An Amazing Job UGR

Time for UGR to go billet block?

lol.

Congrats to Richard and UGR. 247 is insane, and at full weight (essentially) and street tires (R888?) makes it all the more insane. I'm looking forward to the DCT / LDF development as well, will be very cool to see if you guys will be able to get that transmission to handle X / X2 type power. Theoretically it should be able to shift faster.

I think a well deserved congratulations to ETS as well. Frankly, I love these high hp Lambos, but it's nice to see other cars / platforms out there pushing the TT Lambos to their limits.

What will these cars run in the mile? FGT has run 270-280...so seems these Lambos shoud hit 300? No one has hit that yet.

This has been asked multiple times, and the answer is it is not really safe to go that speed. If you look at the half/mile speeds at this event already it is getting close to dangerous speeds. No need to run a lamborghini at 280-300mph.

Acceleration is what all the fun is about and The 12-14 Seconds these cars need to reach the half mile mark is where you can have all the fun and compete against other cars. Beyond that you would have to thurougly consider aerodynamic and other safety factors as well

This has been asked multiple times, and the answer is it is not really safe to go that speed. If you look at the half/mile speeds at this event already it is getting close to dangerous speeds. No need to run a lamborghini at 280-300mph.

~250mph in a car with well over 2k hp on off the shelf street tires is only moderately dangerous. :lol2:

The ease with which these cars go obscenely fast has completely fucked the perspective of how dangerous it is.

~250mph in a car with well over 2k hp on off the shelf street tires is only moderately dangerous. :lol2:

The ease with which these cars go obscenely fast has completely fucked the perspective of how dangerous it is.

I would think the tires are probably changed ever event. That is so obscenely fast in 1/2 mile, I'm sure the cars are check meticulously before each run to ensure everything is 100%. I totally agree though these cars make it seem so effortless but 250 mph is still 250mph, it is extremely dangerous.

If you truly put it into perspective of how short of a distance that is even 200mph is absolutely flying.

Acceleration is what all the fun is about and The 12-14 Seconds these cars need to reach the half mile mark is where you can have all the fun and compete against other cars. Beyond that you would have to thurougly consider aerodynamic and other safety factors as well

I think all those factors already come into play at 247 mph in the 1/2. And chasing records has never been safe. There's guys chasing those mile numbers on bikes, talk about balls. I think having a fully caged Lambo with a chute and fire suppression would be much, much safer. I not trying to convince anyone to risk their life, but I think it could be done in a safe as possible manner, like the 1/2 mile. Just need to find tires that can handle the heat and forces.

Anyone know where and when we can find all the other results? I wana see how other tuners did and what other cars did

Was there more than one fire? Someone on another forum mentioned a UGR car went up after a 245mph pass. I said it was a DP R8 unless there was another fire we didn't hear about. No response yet from poster.

Was there more than one fire? Someone on another forum mentioned a UGR car went up after a 245mph pass. I said it was a DP R8 unless there was another fire we didn't hear about. No response yet from poster.

All UGR cars are back on the trailer with full tanks of suppression.

No winners were harmed in the making of the ass kicking that UGR just did in Oregon.

Mike

All UGR cars are back on the trailer with full tanks of suppression.

No winners were harmed in the making of the ass kicking that UGR just did in Oregon.

Mike

Excellent news. That person must have just been misinformed.

247 fcuk. I'm gonna take up bowling or something. Need a new hobby. 247 is just insane.

How about 244.83 from ETS ? gotta respect that.

How about 244.83 from ETS ? gotta respect that.

No kidding. Definitely a tough competitor and could have been close at the end. Competition keeps pushing everyone and both platforms into the stratosphere