pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Do you only work with your friends? I work with everyone whom I can benefit from and I am friends with my friends only, there is a big difference IMO

No doubt and I totally agree with you. There are things that we can work with them on just like we can work with China. But it's more of an enemy of my enemy is my friends deal instead of two friends working together with their guards dropped

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt and I totally agree with you. There are things that we can work with them on just like we can work with China. But it's more of an enemy of my enemy is my friends deal instead of two friends working together with their guards dropped

True, I completely agree with your view also but I'd never drop my guard in business friends or enemies :icon_mrgreen:

Of course you disagree that's what brain washing is LOL

Brainwashing is not the same IMO. Brainwashing means someone is basically indoctrinated into a particular belief system through propaganda. The belief that the Soviet system was flat-out evil required no propaganda. Just as no one would say that the Nazis being evil was propaganda. Remember, they had to build the Berlin Wall to keep people in (and they equipped it with guard towers, land mines, and guard dogs). The United States was far from perfect at the time with the issues of racism and sexism, but was still far less bad than the Soviet system and was constantly improving. Hatred and criticism of the United States was also big in the U.S. in the 1960s and 1970s, so people were exposed to all sorts of views in the U.S.. Also I'm not saying that the Soviet PEOPLE were evil, they didn't know any better and just wanted to protect their homeland, but the system itself and its government was evil.

Wheels I know what brain washing is I've experienced both system I really don't need you to lecture me on it, trust me !

KARL: So he said those things under oath, would you be willing to speak under oath to give your version of those events?

TRUMP: 100 percent. I didn’t say “under oath,” I hardly know the man, I’m not gonna say “I want you to pledge allegiance,” who would do that, who would ask a man to pledge allegiance under oath? I mean think of it, I hardly know the man, it doesn’t make sense. No I didn’t say that and I didn’t say the other.

I can't even. How does the President of the United States misunderstand a question that badly and then answer it so incoherently?

I can't even. How does the President of the United States misunderstand a question that badly and then answer it so incoherently?

How can people continue defending this imbecile?

You guys would prefer Hillary??!!!😂😂😂😂. With the market going up, job creation in effect, growth at record levels and illegal immigration down- do you guys really care???? How about staying focused on the things that effect the working American. Honestly, i dont care what he says.. only the results for America.

You guys would prefer Hillary??!!!😂😂😂😂. With the market going up, job creation in effect, growth at record levels and illegal immigration down- do you guys really care???? How about staying focused on the things that effect the working American. Honestly, i dont care what he says.. only the results for America.

Growth in the US isn't at record levels, thought I do think output itself is if Im not mistaken. Asides from that though everything that you mentioned : markets up, job creation taking place, illegal immigration down (I actually posted an article many pages back about how under Obama and Bush too(IIRC) net illegal immigration was actually negative), then one must surely admit that your criteria for results were also met under Obama, right?

Not to mention Trumps spending cuts especially to education and healthcare haven't hit home with the working americans, they're still proposals. The average Trump voter will be getting hit HARD, along with most average Americans regardless of who they voted for. Of course, Im Canadian and the US fiscal policy won't affect me unless the US economy is so negatively affected which would hurt our exports, and etc etc. But its just honestly sad to see this all happen. Just as Im sad seeing my fellow Iranians mistreated by their government overseas, just as I'm sad to see terrorist attacks in Europe recently (in Iran too actually there was an ISIS attack recently FFS), seeing the human rights abuses in saudi arabia and the borderline genocide in Syria, Im sad to see what the average American who doesn't have the deepest pockets, regardless of their party affiliation, get steamrolled by whats coming for them, especially when so many have been convinced that it's good for them.

But its just honestly sad to see this all happen. Just as Im sad seeing my fellow Iranians mistreated by their government overseas, just as I'm sad to see terrorist attacks in Europe recently (in Iran too actually there was an ISIS attack recently FFS), seeing the human rights abuses in saudi arabia and the borderline genocide in Syria, Im sad to see what the average American who doesn't have the deepest pockets, regardless of their party affiliation, get steamrolled by whats coming for them, especially when so many have been convinced that it's good for them.

Well put.

Growth in the US isn't at record levels, thought I do think output itself is if Im not mistaken. Asides from that though everything that you mentioned : markets up, job creation taking place, illegal immigration down (I actually posted an article many pages back about how under Obama and Bush too(IIRC) net illegal immigration was actually negative), then one must surely admit that your criteria for results were also met under Obama, right?

Net illegal immigration was not down the way it has gone down since Trump. Trump has knocked it down so much that it has up-ended conventional thinking about the subject. Also, the primary reason it was down under Obama was because he was President during much of the aftereffects of the 2008 crash.

Not to mention Trumps spending cuts especially to education and healthcare haven't hit home with the working americans, they're still proposals. The average Trump voter will be getting hit HARD, along with most average Americans regardless of who they voted for. Of course, Im Canadian and the US fiscal policy won't affect me unless the US economy is so negatively affected which would hurt our exports, and etc etc. But its just honestly sad to see this all happen. Just as Im sad seeing my fellow Iranians mistreated by their government overseas, just as I'm sad to see terrorist attacks in Europe recently (in Iran too actually there was an ISIS attack recently FFS), seeing the human rights abuses in saudi arabia and the borderline genocide in Syria, Im sad to see what the average American who doesn't have the deepest pockets, regardless of their party affiliation, get steamrolled by whats coming for them, especially when so many have been convinced that it's good for them.

Cuts to education I do not believe will hurt anyone, because the problem with education is not a lack of money, it's the way the money is spent, primarily due to the influence of the teacher's unions. The U.S. as is spends more money per pupil than most other countries with lousy results. Technically, education is not even supposed to be a federal government issue, it is supposed to be handled by the states and local governments. I partially agree with regards to healthcare, as they shouldn't just pull the rug out from underneath people in getting rid of Obamacare, but Obamacare itself is unsustainable.

Both parties I agree will steamroll people unfortunately in their own ways.

Yes, Russia is a "If you give a mouse a cookie ..." equivalent. Give an inch and they'll take a mile. Putin is EXTREMELY smart and knows exactly what hes looking to accomplish. Make no mistake,Russia is not our friend.

Which is exactly why we should have nuked them back in 1957 when the window was open. I know, HOW COULD you say that ? Well... we not only could have we should have went and done it. Imagine a world without the communist menace and the tentacles that have far reaching impacts on the world today.

Wrong.. growth and output are both up. According to friends of mine in the Border Patrol- results are huge and illegal crossings are way down and their opinion was "Obama didnt care". As stated, our education problems are not from a lack of funding - its from a hands off approach parents have taken with their kids education, drug issues, and govt mandated tests that force teachers to train only to pass said tests and not really "teach". Hows that govt healthcare working out for you there in Canada? Some dont seem to know that hospitals could not turn away someone off the street if they needed medical attention.. you might be stabilized and transferred to a lower status hospital, but you would receive care if not insured... so why should we strangle small businesses and tax payers to "insure" everyone? Public assistance programs rarely work, are Always more expensive than proposed and have a record of hurting those it was sold as helping. Obama care is the perfect example. Ive seen the proof of it with relatives of my own family. Your interest in Our financing is well founded as Canada moves as we breath, and if this administrations plan can be put in place your exports will increase. I share your sadness in the state of this world but i will tell you , you better learn to live with that sadness because those countries and those poor people im afraid cant change it- and the true tragic reality is, its too far gone for us to stop it .. nobody wants to do what it would Really take, and if they did they cant afford it ie. the USA. Keep praying is always my advice take it or leave it.

Wrong.. growth and output are both up. According to friends of mine in the Border Patrol- results are huge and illegal crossings are way down and their opinion was "Obama didnt care". As stated, our education problems are not from a lack of funding - its from a hands off approach parents have taken with their kids education, drug issues, and govt mandated tests that force teachers to train only to pass said tests and not really "teach". Hows that govt healthcare working out for you there in Canada? Some dont seem to know that hospitals could not turn away someone off the street if they needed medical attention.. you might be stabilized and transferred to a lower status hospital, but you would receive care if not insured... so why should we strangle small businesses and tax payers to "insure" everyone? Public assistance programs rarely work, are Always more expensive than proposed and have a record of hurting those it was sold as helping. Obama care is the perfect example. Ive seen the proof of it with relatives of my own family. Your interest in Our financing is well founded as Canada moves as we breath, and if this administrations plan can be put in place your exports will increase. I share your sadness in the state of this world but i will tell you , you better learn to live with that sadness because those countries and those poor people im afraid cant change it- and the true tragic reality is, its too far gone for us to stop it .. nobody wants to do what it would Really take, and if they did they cant afford it ie. the USA. Keep praying is always my advice take it or leave it.

The government healthcare provided here in Canada is absolutely fantastic. Can it be better? Sure. But when my dad got cancer and treatment is covered even though his financial situation is not great, thats when you know THE SYSTEM WORKS. Its very likely in the US that given his finacial situation he would simply have had to accept his death or it would be to the financial demise of the entire family. If my taxes need to be higher compare to an otherwise private system then so goddamn be it.

Of course everyone will have to deal with the way things are but to speak up for things that CAN be changed is very important. And as I said I think in the name of the blue collar worker/average american, some horrible things are going to be done to those same people. The reality is a lamborghini forum will represent a disproportionately high % of people who won't be worse from the proposed plans (or may be better off because of them) but that doesn't change the fact the Trump movement was (supposedly) about the average American. Problem is, almost no one from the administration has ever been an average middle class american. They simply do not understand the issues or have the right perspectives and don't understand how it's going to affect the people they claim to help.

Nobody from ANY administration has been an average middle class American - not even the founding fathers. Not sure if thats the same for Canada... and i will add that Obama was the MOST removed. I had high hopes when he won elected but talk about a let down. I understand the skew of the board members here, and yes i own a lamborghini, but i also have family members who are not well off at all. I saw them suffering under the new national health care system as its cost and fees skyrocketed. My dad also had a major heart attack, is retired without any extra money and was very well taken care of in the hospital before Obama care as was my mom with her cancer. Maybe your system being long established makes the big difference here , but our change over was not well planned or executed well or realistically at all.

The government healthcare provided here in Canada is absolutely fantastic. Can it be better? Sure. But when my dad got cancer and treatment is covered even though his financial situation is not great, thats when you know THE SYSTEM WORKS. Its very likely in the US that given his finacial situation he would simply have had to accept his death or it would be to the financial demise of the entire family. If my taxes need to be higher compare to an otherwise private system then so goddamn be it.

Of course everyone will have to deal with the way things are but to speak up for things that CAN be changed is very important. And as I said I think in the name of the blue collar worker/average american, some horrible things are going to be done to those same people. The reality is a lamborghini forum will represent a disproportionately high % of people who won't be worse from the proposed plans (or may be better off because of them) but that doesn't change the fact the Trump movement was (supposedly) about the average American. Problem is, almost no one from the administration has ever been an average middle class american. They simply do not understand the issues or have the right perspectives and don't understand how it's going to affect the people they claim to help.

Just a simple question of curiosity, but how much experience do you have with the American healthcare system before and after Obamacare being a Canadian???

For everyone of these statements I can find a Canadian that says it is terrible.

I am pretty sure you got this wrong, majority of the owners here are self made which means they had to climb right from the bottom, that kind of mindset keeps you down, I am pretty sure everyone here knows what hardship is and what it really takes to make it work that's why you see why most speak with such conviction and passion.

I live in a system almost identical with yours and I always say that the best thing to be here is lazy and broke, you will then be very well looked after and allowed to be loud about your rights if you work hard and you earn decent money you have the right to pay for the lazy and broke to be noisy and even more demanding, of course since the majority is lazy and broke that's a fantastic deal for them.

Just a simple question of curiosity, but how much experience do you have with the American healthcare system before and after Obamacare being a Canadian???

Not much but Im not advocating Obamacare because I dont know about its intricacies, particularly on a state to state basis. Having said that I understand premiums went up for many people's coverage as well as deductibles. I also understand that a lot of people were able to get coverage where they would otherwise have been denied. Due to the higher deductibles this coverage seems to be more beneficial when it comes to high cost critical illness type of claims. Im not advocating Obamacare at all though. The Canadian system was brought up, and is often brought up with a sense of distain (to which I pose the same question you ask me to those who judge the Canadian system). I'm advocating a single payer system like Canada and most european countries. People LOVE to point to Canada and say hey look at the long wait times for certain things which is often the case with Ontario specifically is due to mismanagement and not the issue with the overall system. What gets ignored? Literally all of the good parts. Why? So an agenda can be pushed. Again our system is not perfect but Im sick of people, in general Canadian fashion, being all apologetic about it. The system works for the majority, for a majority of the time.

To say a single payer system doesn't work because there's issues with Canada is the equivalent of saying companies shouldnt get investment funding because some that do go bankrupt. Well, management and planning is a huge part of the success of the system whether its a company or a country's healthcare system. There's plenty of single payer systems that do not have the issues that Canada has. The whole notion of something being "socialist"...ohhh baaaddd wooorddd...and automatically being bad is a load of crap. You have a socialist system when it comes to emergency services, no one asks for a credit card number or insurance policy number when you call the police. Here the system does a pretty damn good job to ensure that someone who is critically ill gets treatment and doesnt have to worry about six figure medical bills. Some parts of the healthcare system are private like the US but thats generally stuff like dental, physiotherapy and medication which I think should also be single payer if it's critical/important, especially medication.

Im all for the improved management of our single payer system but would fight tooth and nail if some tries to come in and remove it with the razzle dazzle of "lower taxes". I don't think markets are perfectly efficient especially when it comes to healthcare and its a fallacy that a private system can necessarily provide the consumer with adequate value and simultaneously be profitable for ALL markets (ie its possible to have socialist systems for certain markets and reap the rewards it offers and also have capitalist systems for the majority of the economy to reap its rewards as well).

That's enough ranting for me for today lol I dont want to become Wheels2.0 :lol2:

For everyone of these statements I can find a Canadian that says it is terrible.

Of course you can. Who the he'll doesn't think the grass is always greener on the other side lol. Change the system and those people will be begging for what the used to have.

I am pretty sure you got this wrong, majority of the owners here are self made which means they had to climb right from the bottom, that kind of mindset keeps you down, I am pretty sure everyone here knows what hardship is and what it really takes to make it work that's why you see why most speak with such conviction and passion.

I live in a system almost identical with yours and I always say that the best thing to be here is lazy and broke, you will then be very well looked after and allowed to be loud about your rights if you work hard and you earn decent money you have the right to pay for the lazy and broke to be noisy and even more demanding, of course since the majority is lazy and broke that's a fantastic deal for them.

Im not saying people here all come from money. I know the majority don't and made their way up. Thats why I look up to so many here and stick around for the positives the board has brought to me life. Im not kmb58, I dont wanna throw the guy under the bus but I disagreed with almost everything he said. I think you misunderstood me. Im saying that those who have "made it" wouldn't be impacted the way blue collar working americans would.

I don't know what system you live in but that's not the case here. Health care aside our economy is a capitalist system and I wouldnt have it any other way. Ive busted my ass and am thankful for everything thats provided to me by my parents, teachers, and government. I paid myself for my car and my rent and education. Ive been privileged enough to attent the best university in the country and just busted my ass to complete the CFA program ( fingers crosses that I pass the exam). I know of no one here, whether they are white, black, asian, middle eastern or otherwise who thinks they're better off on government programs. Its usually those who come from less privilege that I see busting their asses.