pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

Not to nit pick, but Submarines cant send power to the grid. And they cant produce 2.8 Giga Watts of power, shore based plants are lucky to get to 1 mega watt.

[/quote

Not a sub expert but I don't see them attaching an electrical line to it either.

Nit pick all you want. Point is that he is not laying in bed watching tv

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the haters comments devoid of any facts don't help one person on the island.

You must have missed this being on the ground...

I was on the island for Irma, and have staff there now communicating via sat phone. I'm also dealing directly with the military sea lift command in reference to organizing ships to go down there.

What's the point of getting an extension cord from your submarine (lol) upland when there's no electrical grid left? I have a supply ship near by with the capability to carry 200,000 gallons of fuel at a time (shallow draft) and I'm being told to not bother because of only short term Jones act waivers?

Why are they now scrambling to get crews for some of the relief ships rather than a week or two ago when Irma hit?

Dude, 45 is doing a fantastic job. All good here.

I hope McCain prevails, at the very least for Puerto Rico

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-puer...s-idUSKCN1C32ZL

And is anyone surprised that the companies that have the monopoly on Jones act shipping to Puerto Rico are kicking and screaming?

Spokesman today refers to PR as a "nation" we are helping out. Odd all the residents are Americans, admittedly the wrong colour for dumpster fire.

Shame this kills his premature Rose Garden jerk off for disaster relief. Health care Rose Garden? Bueller? Bueller?

I think the Jones Act issue is more complex than Trump just not caring about brown people. What is ironic is that historically it seems to have been a more Democrat-supported law, as it is very pro-union and protectionist, whereas conservative organizations have long supported its being ended.

I was on the island for Irma, and have staff there now communicating via sat phone. I'm also dealing directly with the military sea lift command in reference to organizing ships to go down there.

What's the point of getting an extension cord from your submarine (lol) upland when there's no electrical grid left? I have a supply ship near by with the capability to carry 200,000 gallons of fuel at a time (shallow draft) and I'm being told to not bother because of only short term Jones act waivers?

Why are they now scrambling to get crews for some of the relief ships rather than a week or two ago when Irma hit?

Dude, 45 is doing a fantastic job. All good here.

Gee, all of this is 45's fault. What a ridiculous dialogue this has become and a waste of time. All hate aside, its great of you to be involved trying to help down there Mike.

Putting all politics aside, these poor people need all the help they can get at this point.

While I agree that the help that we have put forth so far is quite impressive, why not just waive the Jones act until things have stabilized?

This way if foreign entities want to assist with shipping supplies they can do so, and whenever you have competition you drive the costs down.

Seeing that we are going to pay for this in the long run as we should as they are US citizens, I want as much competition as possible during the rebuilding process.

If anyone that wants to argue that Puerto Rico was in bad shape with it's infrastructure and finances prior to being struck by hurricane Maria.

I ask what difference would it make if their infrastructure and finances were in great shape, great bridges, roads and power grids get wiped out just as fast as poor ones after a direct hit from a category 5 hurricane.

Their infrastructure as poor as it was, still took decades to put in place and overnight 90% of it was destroyed. It is going to take years to rebuild Puerto Rico and the Jones act should be waived until the rebuilding process has be significantly completed. And unfortunately I believe this is where the problem lies as the people that benefit from the Jones act are afraid that if you waive it for an extended period of months or possibly years it will be repealed.

Putting all politics aside, these poor people need all the help they can get at this point.

While I agree that the help that we have put forth so far is quite impressive, why not just waive the Jones act until things have stabilized?

This way if foreign entities want to assist with shipping supplies they can do so, and whenever you have competition you drive the costs down.

Seeing that we are going to pay for this in the long run as we should as they are US citizens, I want as much competition as possible during the rebuilding process.

If anyone that wants to argue that Puerto Rico was in bad shape with it's infrastructure and finances prior to being struck by hurricane Maria.

I ask what difference would it make if their infrastructure and finances were in great shape, great bridges, roads and power grids get wiped out just as fast as poor ones after a direct hit from a category 5 hurricane.

Their infrastructure as poor as it was, still took decades to put in place and overnight 90% of it was destroyed. It is going to take years to rebuild Puerto Rico and the Jones act should be waived until the rebuilding process has be significantly completed. And unfortunately I believe this is where the problem lies as the people that benefit from the Jones act are afraid that if you waive it for an extended period of months or possibly years it will be repealed.

If it could potentially be repealed, should it be there in the first place? I don't know enough about it to even be dangerous.

Maybe Trump will renew the Jones act repeal at the end of each month as the rebuild is accessed

Still worthless. Either waive permenently or six months at a time. Who better than the mayor of San Juan to respond to the trump administrations claims of relief?

When you don't have food for a baby, it's not a good news story," Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz told CNN on Friday. "Damn it, this is not a good news story. This is a people-are-dying story."

Why would you want to be president? What a thankless job, you screwed if you do you screwed if you don’t, haters and whiners on both sides, I can’t think of anything more horrible, no thanks!

On the other hand being a dictator I could deal with :icon_mrgreen:

Why would you want to be president? What a thankless job, you screwed if you do you screwed if you don’t, haters and whiners on both sides, I can’t think of anything more horrible, no thanks!

I'm sure Trump agrees with you and is working toward that goal!

I'm sure Trump agrees with you and is working toward that goal!

I am sure he couldn’t care less about being a dictator, when you are worth billions within your own world you can easily be one without having to answer to any whiners.

That’s the thing about politics, you could save a bus full of children from a burning inferno with your own bare hands but your opposition will still find a reason to put a negative spin and hate on you, there is nothing more disgusting, sure some of the things he does are also benefiting his haters, it’s impossible for one not to do some good, where is the acknowledgement? I lost faith in people, so many self serving nasties around which you can never please no matter what you do, as I said, politics, I can not think of a more disgusting gig.

post-60315-1506721705_thumb.jpg

post-13077-1506723377.jpg

That or give himself a billion dollar tax cut.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/09...ax-benefit.html

post-13077-1506723690_thumb.png

Highlighted areas show what parts of President Trump’s 2005 tax return could have been affected by the new tax plan.

President Trump could cut his tax bills by more than $1.1 billion, including saving tens of millions of dollars in a single year, under his proposed tax changes, a New York Times analysis has found.

On Wednesday, the White House announced a sweeping plan to cut a variety of taxes that would overwhelmingly benefit the wealthy. The estimate of Mr. Trump’s savings is based in part on information from his 2005 federal tax return. The analysis compares what his tax burden would be under current law with what it would be under the proposal.

Mr. Trump’s 2005 return is the most recent available publicly and was released in March by David Cay Johnston on the website DCReport.org. The Times’s figure also relies on an estimate of Mr. Trump’s net worth, calculated by the Bloomberg Billionaire’s Index to be $2.86 billion.

“I don’t benefit. I don’t benefit,” Mr. Trump said on Wednesday. “In fact, very, very strongly, as you see, I think there’s very little benefit for people of wealth.”

In fact, high-income earners like Mr. Trump are likely to benefit disproportionately if the White House proposal becomes law. The estimates, calculated with the help of Robert Willens, an accounting expert, and Stephen Breitstone, a tax lawyer, provide a view into precisely how.

Savings of about $1.1 billion

from repealing the estate tax

Though it would not be reflected on his income tax return, Mr. Trump’s proposal to eliminate the estate tax would generate the largest tax savings. If his assets — reportedly valued at $2.86 billion — were transferred after his death under today’s rules, his estate would be taxed at about 40 percent. Repealing the federal estate tax could save his family about $1.1 billion, though it could still be subject to New York estate taxes.

Savings of $31 million from

repealing the alternative minimum tax

post-13077-1506723710_thumb.png

Line 45 of Mr. Trump’s 2005 tax return shows he paid $31.3 million because of the alternative minimum tax.

The decades-old alternative minimum tax is meant to prevent America’s wealthiest from using deductions to pay very low or no federal income tax. In 2005, it accounted for about 80 percent of Mr. Trump’s overall income tax payment. His plan to repeal the tax would save him $31.3 million.

Savings of about $16 million from taxing

certain types of business income at 25 percent

post-13077-1506723733_thumb.png

Lines 12 and 17 of Mr. Trump’s tax return show the income he earned from businesses, rental real estate and other kinds of business partnerships, totaling $109.76 million.

Mr. Trump’s proposed changes could allow individuals to qualify for a significantly reduced tax rate of 25 percent on certain types of income they receive through business partnerships and similar entities. That is up from the original proposal in April of 15 percent, but far lower than the top tax rates currently faced by high-income earners of 39.6 percent.

Mr. Trump could save as much as $6.2 million on business income and $9.8 million on income from real estate and other kinds of partnerships under this plan, compared with his tax burden under current law. (In 2005, much of this taxable income was offset by a $103.2 million write-down in business losses.)

The proposal released Wednesday “contemplates” that Congress will adopt measures to prevent the wealthy from recharacterizing their income to take advantage of the new, lower rate and avoid the top personal rate. If that happens, it could have a big effect on Mr. Trump’s tax bill.

Savings of about $0.5 million

from cutting the highest tax rate

post-13077-1506723751_thumb.png

Lines 7, 8a and 9a show $10.79 million in wages, taxable interest and ordinary dividends that Mr. Trump earned in 2005.

The proposal to reduce the highest tax rate to 35 percent from 39.6 percent would save high-income earners similar to Mr. Trump a relatively small amount compared with the repeal of the alternative minimum tax. The $500,000 in savings is a rough estimate because Mr. Trump has not specified income levels for his proposed tax brackets.

Increase of $3 million to $5 million

in taxes from repealing most deductions

post-13077-1506723795_thumb.png

Line 40 shows Mr. Trump itemized his deductions instead of using the standard tax deduction, claiming $17 million.

Mr. Trump would probably lose most of the deductions he reported in 2005. Depending on his effective tax rate under the proposal, Mr. Trump could pay roughly $3 million to $5 million more in taxes.

As a resident of New York City, the largest portion of Mr. Trump’s deductions probably came from his local and state income taxes. Under his proposal, mortgage interest and charitable giving would still be deductible.

That or give himself a billion dollar tax cut.

Keep in mind that you have to take Pravda on the Hudson (a.k.a. the New York Times) with a grain of salt on these things. You also have to take the political Left as a whole with a grain of salt on such things. They ALWAYS claim that tax cuts proposed by Republicans "benefit the rich." They claimed it about Reagan's, they claimed it about Bush Jr's, they'll claim it about Trump.

I don't know if you remember for example, but during the eight years of Bush Jr, we heard ad nauseum from the media and the Left about how the Bush tax cuts were "for the rich" and how we thus had to "End the Bush tax cuts!" Yet, the reality was that the Bush tax cuts were in fact for everybody. Every single bracket/income level received a tax reduction under the those tax cuts. In addition, the Child Income Tax Credit was also doubled, from $500 per child to $1000 per child. And the poorer you were, the higher percentage tax cut you received. For example, if you fell into the 39.6% tax bracket, the reduction to 35% was a 12% cut. However, if you fell into the 20% rate, the reduction to 15% was a 25% cut. So basically it was all a big lie the Left spouted for eight years.

Now in 2009, when Obama came into office with the goal of "Ending the evil Bush tax cuts for the rich!" the rhetoric was subtly changed, from "End the Bush tax cuts" to "End the Bush tax cuts for those earning $250,000 and up" because to actually flat-out end the Bush tax cuts would have raised taxes on everybody. Yes, of course, a wealthy guy making $400,000 a year saves more raw dollars with a 12% cut than a guy making $30,000 does with a 25% cut, but that should be irrelevant.

Another thing is that about 40-50% of the population already pays zero in federal income taxes. They do "pay taxes," but after all those credits kick in, it ends up on the net where they are ultimately paying nothing or even being given free money in their tax return.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

Why??......Because a leader has a vision of the future that they feel they can move towards, and they are willing to fight for that vision.

Great things are achieved by great men. Lesser men stand by and complain.

Yeah!!! Trump is now attacking Puerto Ricans! #MAGA(except PR)

Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort