Texas Invitational King of the Streets video by Underground Racing.

Underground Racing

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Helms mentioned billet block on 1320's video. Oh dear God!!!

so? its 50lbs lighter? A billet block by itself would not make the car make more power. If they are at the breaking point of the stock block(havent heard of UGR splitting the blocks from sheer power), then yes the could turn it up more in theory. But not sure why your acting like "billet" block is omg? What am I missing

so? its 50lbs lighter? A billet block by itself would not make the car make more power. If they are at the breaking point of the stock block(havent heard of UGR splitting the blocks from sheer power), then yes the could turn it up more in theory. But not sure why your acting like "billet" block is omg? What am I missing

Probably to make more power (possibly adding larger turbos) more reliably next year. I don´t know which specific problem bob was talking about he had last year as to why he and everyone are waiting/hoping to have a billet block soon.

Maybe Kevin can clarify, but at the same time he might keep it under wraps as long as this is under development and sensitive

Probably to make more power (possibly adding larger turbos) more reliably next year. I don´t know which specific problem bob was talking about he had last year as to why he and everyone are waiting/hoping to have a billet block soon.

Maybe Kevin can clarify, but at the same time he might keep it under wraps as long as this is under development and sensitive

Bob misspoke. He had no issues with his car at TI. The next race after TI was at Sulfur Spings 1/2 mile and after that 1/2 mile race we performed a refresh on Bob's engine and found a hail line crack in the block. The LP block is very cheap as far as pricing and was an easy fix with it already being apart for inspections and a refresh.

Its pretty rare we have any issues out of the stock LP/Huracan blocks for as much racing as we do with so many cars. We are looking into Billet Blocks as I'm sure they will be needed eventually. ;)

We are looking into Billet Blocks as I'm sure they will be needed eventually. ;)

And by eventually you mean definitely with your power hungry customers haha. Thanks for clarifying!

And by eventually you mean definitely with your power hungry customers haha. Thanks for clarifying!

There are a few things our competitors better hope we don't do.. Build a race car by Gutting a Lambo/R8, adding billet blocks and using turbos as big as the ones they use. ;)

There are a few things our competitors better hope we don't do.. Build a race car by Gutting a Lambo/R8, adding billet blocks and using turbos as big as the ones they use. ;)

but that freezing cold AC is so nice to have during those TI pulls

Build a race car by Gutting a Lambo/R8

Yeah, don´t ever do that to an exotic...many already consider modifying them a crime haha. I would personally cry a tear seeing a Lamborghini stripped out naked

Glad you guys feel the same way

I don't see the point of building a race car. Unicorns don't need to be stripped down. Keep the AC, its roots being a street car only exacerbated its status in a whole different level.

I don't see the point of building a race car. Unicorns don't need to be stripped down. Keep the AC, its roots being a street car only exacerbated its status in a whole different level.

We will not be stripping any cars, we like winning with street cars while beating stripped out race cars. ;)

It's pretty incredible when you consider how fast UGR cars are currently and the potential they still have left (Billet block, weight reduction, more power etc). The future is truly bright.

I would personally cry a tear seeing a Lamborghini stripped out naked

Must. not. watch. Trofeo. Series.

Must. not. watch. Trofeo. Series.

Thats a different story. I love race cars and went to the last two 24H Nürburgring GT3 races. I´m a big fan of the new R8 LMS

But stripping out a perfectly designed piece of art to lose 100 pounds is a disgrace IMO

We will not be stripping any cars, we like winning with street cars while beating stripped out race cars. ;)

no car ..even stripped will beat a Huruacan weighting 3200lbs v10 AWD with motor on rear. you don't have to be genius to know which platform has the ridiculous advantage over the other.

like i said , they can cancel TI as far as i am concerned. It will always be UG vs UG. The GTR has reached its limit with a V6 and front motor. It was fun while it lasted. Give Kevin a GTR and see how far he can take it.. as give Tony a Lambo and see how far he can take it. If the platforms were reversed UG would always be playing catch up. displacement , weight , motor on top of rear tires, better AWD system and a NON OEM tranny + weight to power ratio= uphill losing battle.

I am more surprised why Dallas, Heffner and the other Lambo shops are not even close to UG more than why a 3800lb V6 lost.

no car ..even stripped will beat a Huruacan weighting 3200lbs v10 AWD with motor on rear. you don't have to be genius to know which platform has the ridiculous advantage over the other.

like i said , they can cancel TI as far as i am concerned. It will always be UG vs UG. The GTR has reached its limit with a V6 and front motor. It was fun while it lasted. Give Kevin a GTR and see how far he can take it.. as give Tony a Lambo and see how far he can take it. If the platforms were reversed UG would always be playing catch up. displacement , weight , motor on top of rear tires, better AWD system and a NON OEM tranny + weight to power ratio= uphill losing battle.

I am more surprised why Dallas, Heffner and the other Lambo shops are not even close to UG more than why a 3800lb V6 lost.

You know the Huracan isn't light right? All over 3600 lbs. The Lp gallardo is actually lighter.

If the platforms were reversed UG would always be playing catch up. displacement , weight , motor on top of rear tires, better AWD system and a NON OEM tranny + weight to power ratio= uphill losing battle.

I have dealt with many different tuners on several platforms including UR and can tell you from experience it has more to do with Kevin,KC and the whole team at UR than u are giving them credit for .It is not just the platform.In my experience there is no UR type of tuner in any other platform.I don't think they would be playing catch up .Joe

good grief, he's at it again.

hmm.....

I'm sure He was talking about TT Huracan... and by the way the LP570 is a little under 3000 pounds... so it's a lot lighter than the Huracan...