Incoming 991 GT3RS

cake

Loving the purple these days..Great spec and huge congrats! looking forward to hearing your impressions as I am sure you will be blown away.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats!!
Thanks Chip!

NIIIIICE!!!

To the most deserving Porsche owner I know! :icon_super:

Fortis - you are very kind! I appreciate it!

Awesome congrats.
Thank you Chad!

Loving the purple these days..Great spec and huge congrats! looking forward to hearing your impressions as I am sure you will be blown away.
Thanks - and I agree - I expect this to be an amazing experience, especially with everything I read about the PDK and the rear-wheel steering.

Awesome! Ive spent a little time in both Gt3 and Rs and they are phenomenal cars. Congratulations! You should of gotten green so Shrek Aka Capt could sit in the passenger seat.

Awesome! Ive spent a little time in both Gt3 and Rs and they are phenomenal cars. Congratulations! You should of gotten green so Shrek Aka Capt could sit in the passenger seat.
Thank you!!!

Shrek? Haven't heard that one!

I wish I could have paint to sample. If I knew green would get Cappy in the right seat - I'd be all over it!!! Might have to wrap it!

my fav color combo! congrats!
Thanks Bill. FWIW we found a 1/18 UV scale model in Germany. Wrong caliper color - but who cares? It's supposedly limited edition model, and an identical model (also limited ed) sold today on ebay for $800!! We saw it and put in a much more reasonable bid but obviously we felt $800 was ridiculous. The dealer found a 1/24 UV model with yellow calipers so at least we've got that. I think Suncoast had two UV 1/18 models on their site several weeks ago that sold in a nano-second.

That color is beautiful! Huge congrats.
Thank you! I love the color. Back when I was daydreaming about getting a paint to sample GT4, this was one of the colors on my short list, so I'm thrilled to have a UV to gaze at and enjoy! And I think this car wears it even better!

Oh and green is no go contrary to Allan's assertions
....green is coming off as I type.... :icon_mrgreen:

As for details...maybe we can discuss IN PERSON!!

My garage or yours? :wub:

Thanks Bill. FWIW we found a 1/18 UV scale model in Germany. Wrong caliper color - but who cares? It's supposedly limited edition model, and an identical model (also limited ed) sold today on ebay for $800!! We saw it and put in a much more reasonable bid but obviously we felt $800 was ridiculous. The dealer found a 1/24 UV model with yellow calipers so at least we've got that. I think Suncoast had two UV 1/18 models on their site several weeks ago that sold in a nano-second.

wow, I'm seriously addicted to those models now. I have probably 50 now lol

Had an acquaintance sell his recently. Beware of brake "ice mode" on track/extreme use.

Brake pedal just goes rock solid, happened multiple times, same place on same track. Can't turn ABS completely off.

You may never encounter it but I'd hate for something to happen and I didn't mention it.

Had an acquaintance sell his recently. Beware of brake "ice mode" on track/extreme use.

Brake pedal just goes rock solid, happened multiple times, same place on same track. Can't turn ABS completely off.

You may never encounter it but I'd hate for something to happen and I didn't mention it.

Thanks for the heads up. This was a 991 RS? Do you know if the brakes were PCCB or steel? I wonder if that makes a difference.

I have been reading a lot about these since we got the build slot in Oct. I'll have to search and see if I can find more info. That would be very concerning and scary if it happened!

• 2 weeks later...

Opted for some carbon fiber key blades. Very happy with result, and nice way to tell keys apart with 2 P cars in-house.

"Me and my shadow" soaking up sun on a crazy warm Feb day (mid 70's). Helps to fully cure xpel and clearplex.

1:18 model from Germany that took forever to find in UV.

A broken 3rd gear from a GT4. This has been a big topic on the Porsche forum and so far 22 cars have had failures and replaced transmissions. It's a small number overall, but my car falls within the very large range of build dates - so it's possible I will experience this. Some folks have not, even with thousands of track miles, and some folks have had failure with zero track miles and several thousand street miles. I'll drive it and track it, and if my third gear welds fail I will cross that bridge.... But I'm following developments closely.

So far it appears any GT4 built before Nov 2015 are ok (that's unofficial but so far no known failures). Of course that's only forum info and not by any means a world-wide registry - so there could be many more unknown. Hoping mine isn't one of them - but hubby agrees if the GT4 is out of service for awhile, the RS is my back-up track car! How lucky can a girl get?!!! (Not sure I could actually RELAX and enjoy tracking the RS but I'm willing to try...).

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0711.PNG

At Ferrari of Washington C&C last weekend, there were 2 UV GT3s. One with silver wheels and one with black. Was funny the only two there were both UV. Looked great!

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY drove it yesterday. Hubby put 50 miles on it while I was at the track training police.

I raced home and we went for a drive (me driving him).

Initial impressions:

- takes more throttle than expected to move from dead stop. Similar to LP 560 in that way (only similarity other than attention).

- a lot of klunky "bucket-o-bolts" type noises. That'll take some getting used to

Didn't exceed 4000 rpm so it'll be awhile before I know what it feels like unleashed

- feels torquey, extremely responsive to any input

- rear wheel steering makes it feel like a much smaller car and inspires confidence. Took some very twisty roads and it's planted and nimble.

Since my personal preference has gravitated toward lighter lower HP cars, this thing is overkill for my needs. But I can see why people track them and enjoy them.

I know there are better, faster cars (ACR comes to mind) but the look of a Viper, GT-R and some others just doesn't do it for me.

The Porsche lines have grown on me (as has the C7). There are other more beautiful cars out there but this one has a combination of performance plus purposeful look/design. The exhaust sounds great without being obnoxious. It's loud but I can live with it. I LUV the color!

Winter is back. Who knows when next drive will be but spring is around the corner!

Will post a few more comments once broken in. Looking forward to a track day!