new Mclaren introduced March 7, 2017

SV-N-IT

You actually can see most of the general lines (flowing from front fender to window all the way to rear fender). That's the general proportioning that I'm referencing when saying the photo from Instagram is not representative. The side intakes and front wheel air exits are just detail features, the main body lines are all there to see

You actually can't because they "taped" the section where the rear window meets the rear quarter panel and because of that what you are looking at is very deceiving to your eye, anyway let's move on, we will see proper photos soon enough.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haven't seen the car in real.

Not too sure about the distortion part. Look at the rear wheel, see how circular it is? And look at the guy holding a camera on the far left, he looks quite "normal". Had it been a fish-eye lens, the rear wheel would look like a kidney bean and the guy on the left will appear curved like an open bracket " ( ". The only possible "distortion" is perspective control but it won't be night & day different. This car is what it appears to be.

Maybe it's just me but based on the same pic and some spy shots. Would one say that McLaren is perhaps "drawing inspiration" from Pagani?

IMG_232460.jpg

Roofline definitely has similarity to the Pagani. Rear fender arch from the 458. Side of the car from the 95 F1 GTR. Front and rear relatively unique. Some might say Koeniggsegg influence on the front

Roofline definitely has similarity to the Pagani. Rear fender arch from the 458. Side of the car from the 95 F1 GTR. Front and rear relatively unique. Some might say Koeniggsegg influence on the front

So based on that, it's primarily a mixed bag of "borrowed" design then? If so, I would consider that a massive failure.

I won't say if it does or does not come all together styling wise until I've seen it. But the F1 LM influence is undeniable. Heard a rumor that the press photo package has a picture of the 720S and F1 LM side by side

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen it, front looks like a Huayra, side is a copy of the LaF and the rear looks like a 570

Overall when you first see it, you do think it looks very Pagani like

I was impressed with the look and the performance figures are great for an "entry" level car

They have also really improved the feel of the interior

They didn't really explain it but the car has lots a trick electronics where you can effectively design your own TC/suspension settings rather than using standard modes

I've seen it, front looks like a Huayra, side is a copy of the LaF and the rear looks like a 570

I was impressed with the look and the performance figures are great for an "entry" level car

They didn't really explain it but the car has lots a trick electronics where you can effectively design your own TC/suspension settings rather than using standard modes

sounds positive. this would be considered mclaren's "mid-level" exotic with the 570 series being the entry level I believe.

Have heard rumors that the performance punches significantly above the supercar level into the hypercar realm. Can you confirm if that's the case? Lots of talk that it is seconds a lap faster than a 675LT

It looks promising in the latest spy shots, they completely changed the design language from the 650S, I think McLaren is still looking for its groove.

It is hilarious to me how this forum seems to shit over any new car introduction . . . then make peace with it . . . then come to love it . . . without getting one due to depreciation

At least we are consistent.