Finally bought my first Ferrari--well 2 actually!

Leadfoot

Looks great! Congrats.

How do you store the cars, do you have a few lifts or keep them separate (storage)?

I am currently building another stand alone 3 car garage with 3 lifts. Currently have 4 car with 2 lifts....

IMG_1416.JPG

I will absolutely own a CS in the near future. Had a deposit on a 2k mile 1 owner car a few years back and purchase price was $160k. Ended up passing on it for no good reason. But it's probably my next "big" purchase. That or a 675 LT but the CS gets me giddy every time I see them. My first time experiencing one was about 5 years ago at Houston Cars and Coffee. I was down there to look at a Rosso Metis Gallardo at the Lambo dealer and went to Cars and Coffee first. Of all the cars there that morning the CS messed me up the most for some reason. Then I proceeded to the dealer to look at the Gallardo (passed on it because I didn't love the color) and low and behold they were having their running of the bulls. It was when the Aventador had just come out, so to see several that morning was pretty epic. But what stuck with me was the CS. It also attended that morning among about 40-50 Lambos and believe it or not, the CS was my favorite car there and the Lambo dealer. Still can't explain why... But needless to say I fell in love with them that day and will own one. Congrats!

The steering on the car is direct and very communicative. It's the first car I've driven that reminds me of the E30 M3 I owned back in 1991. The sound of this car above 6500 rpm's is unmatched by any other car from the factory that I've ever heard. I'm really happy with the purchase!

Welcome to Ferrari Fagdom!

Great pickups! Always great in pairs.

The 355 is arguably one of the best sounding Ferraris of all time.

The CS is an icon.

I need a CS and a Speciale to complete the Ménage trois.

Oh here's the new owners shirt:

IMG_4591.PNG

Welcome to Ferrari Fagdom!

Great pickups! Always great in pairs.

The 355 is arguably one of the best sounding Ferraris of all time.

The CS is an icon.

I need a CS and a Speciale to complete the Ménage trois.

Oh here's the new owners shirt:

IMG_4591.PNG

Totally agree!!

LOL with the shirt!

• 1 month later...
...Have been following Speciale's/Scuds/CS's for all of last year. Speciales are still trading too high IMO and there are 3300 of them or so. There are over 4000 Scuds in the world, so I don't think they will appreciate as well as the CS's. There are supposedly only 1288 CS's produced, with 386 coming to the States. It's one of, if not the best, sounding Ferraris to leave the factory. I plan on keeping it for awhile!

From Ferrari 2015 Annual Report, page 36

http://corporate.ferrari.com/sites/ferrari...eb_25_final.pdf

Total V8 production including 458 Speciale (2013,2014,2015) and 458 Speciale A (2014,2015)

2013 3,944

2014 3,651

2015 3,534

Presuming very few Speciale were made as 2013 models (none I am aware of came to the US) that means total Speciale production is included in 2014,2015 or 7,185 cars.

We can reduce that by 499 (Special A production...could be more)

so total V8 production that includes Speciale (again I am excluding 2013 since none came to USA) is 6,686

based on the number of (2014+2015) 458 Spider & 458 Italia's currently available on cars.com (131) vs 458 Speciale (18)

(note, Cali is counted as GT car, so not included here)

a "rough percentage" is 88% vs 12%

so, if that follows, 6686 total V8 production for 2014+2015 would yield >802

and if you refer to the % of cars delivered by geographic region (page 35 in annual report), about 34% came to USA (probably a little less as that number includes cars to Mexico, Canada, Central&South America and Caribbean, but, let us just say it is 34%) then about >273

(even if you presume every V8 made and that was shipped to the USA was a Speciale that would be 34% of 6886 or 2273, so, the number in the USA has to be a smaller number)

now, even if you double that (1604) (546 if 34% came to USA) that is still about half of 3300, so I am very curious where you found 3300 as the production number for 458 Speciales...

thanks

From Ferrari 2015 Annual Report, page 36

http://corporate.ferrari.com/sites/ferrari...eb_25_final.pdf

Total V8 production including 458 Speciale (2013,2014,2015) and 458 Speciale A (2014,2015)

2013 3,944

2014 3,651

2015 3,534

Presuming very few Speciale were made as 2013 models (none I am aware of came to the US) that means total Speciale production is included in 2014,2015 or 7,185 cars.

We can reduce that by 499 (Special A production...could be more)

so total V8 production that includes Speciale (again I am excluding 2013 since none came to USA) is 6,686

based on the number of (2014+2015) 458 Spider & 458 Italia's currently available on cars.com (131) vs 458 Speciale (18)

(note, Cali is counted as GT car, so not included here)

a "rough percentage" is 88% vs 12%

so, if that follows, 6686 total V8 production for 2014+2015 would yield >802

and if you refer to the % of cars delivered by geographic region (page 35 in annual report), about 34% came to USA (probably a little less as that number includes cars to Mexico, Canada, Central&South America and Caribbean, but, let us just say it is 34%) then about >273

(even if you presume every V8 made and that was shipped to the USA was a Speciale that would be 34% of 6886 or 2273, so, the number in the USA has to be a smaller number)

now, even if you double that (1604) (546 if 34% came to USA) that is still about half of 3300, so I am very curious where you found 3300 as the production number for 458 Speciales...

thanks

I was going off of what someone at the dealer told me. They felt it was around 1500/year for 2014/2015 since very few regular 458 coupes were delivered those years. The majority of the cars delivered were Speciales and a few spiders. The factory will not report actual numbers for the Speciale for another year or so, so we'll just have to wait to find out! But it's significantly more than the 1288 CS's for sure

I was going off of what someone at the dealer told me. They felt it was around 1500/year for 2014/2015 since very few regular 458 coupes were delivered those years. The majority of the cars delivered were Speciales and a few spiders. The factory will not report actual numbers for the Speciale for another year or so, so we'll just have to wait to find out! But it's significantly more than the 1288 CS's for sure

Thanks, how do you know they are going to release actual production numbers in the next year or so, that would be awesome to know.

Based on 3000 total and 34% to "the Americas" that would mean about 1000 in the US, that seems high since so few are for sale.

Checking Carguru website just now, shows 131 Italias+Spiders (2014+2015 only), 25 Speciale and 4 Speciale Aperta

On the Speciale A, if 499 were made and 34% came to US (170) and 4 are for sale that is about 2.4%, apply that to the number of Speciale's that would point to 1062 Speciale's in the US ... but, then again that would mean 5,567 Italia's and Spiders in the US for 2014-2015 and we know that's not possible...(too high)

So, maybe 3000 total production is spot on,personally I think it is about half of that, time will tell, thanks

edit: also consider that all 458 Speciale's are still listed at prices higher than original msrp (regardless of miles), from 10% over to more than 20% over and the same cannot be said for any 458 Italia's including 458 Spiders - seems to presume the production numbers are small for the 458 Speciale...very small, perhaps less than 500 in the US, anyway, would be nice if Ferrari published the actual numbers ...

edit2: Just found on ebay 142317882780 a low price, still above original msrp...but is salvage title, still over msrp...!