Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

There's a lot of misinformation about the production numbers because some people are claiming 900 SVJ's total. At the 63 event a few reps from HQ clearly said 900 coupes, roadster is separate. And is there any truth to the 1963 production total?

Correct, I meant 900 coupes....changed my allocation to Roadster but fear this # will be high as well....

If so, then I’m out and maybe get second CGT or FGT

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems a lot of the youtube/vloggers here seem to be or claim to be getting one, pretty poor show by Lambo if its the case as they can barely afford them on finance and will just flip them in 3-6 months, new world and all that.......and they haven't owned L cars before or some of them even a decent car, Aventador is the new social media thing to have! Its genuinely making me not want to be associated with the brand anymore as they bring bad publicity and image to the other owners...... maybe i'm just getting old and grumpy and should buy a Ferrari

As selfish as it might sound these cars should be made in very small numbers and sold to long term repeat customers of the brand in order to show your gratitude towards them and keep them loyal and reward them for their long term patronage, if you want to flood the market with Aventadors do a mini face lift on the S and sell it to everyone.

SVJ isn’t a LE, it pretty much cover the whole yearly production run.

Locally a SVJ Roadster will be around $1.3m to $1.5m for $1.5m if you had an allocation you could get a Senna, 500 units made, I know which one I’d rather have.

Because as a new buyer you want to buy a lesser model, one that does not meet your expectation?

That shit is pulled by Ferrari and we all moan about that.

There is no easy answer, Porsche USA seem to have a good touch on this issue but it is not faultless solution.

......maybe i'm just getting old and grumpy and should buy a Ferrari

Jaysus, that is ban talk.

Seems a lot of the youtube/vloggers here seem to be or claim to be getting one, pretty poor show by Lambo if its the case as they can barely afford them on finance and will just flip them in 3-6 months, new world and all that.......and they haven't owned L cars before or some of them even a decent car, Aventador is the new social media thing to have! Its genuinely making me not want to be associated with the brand anymore as they bring bad publicity and image to the other owners...... maybe i'm just getting old and grumpy and should buy a Ferrari

In all seriousness there are valid points but these youtubers are doing it to each and every brand they show a bit of upskirt to.

Point towards a youtuber and I can guarantee there are clickbait videos ahoy whilst the same time they claim they are not flippers. It the attention whoring they need to do to breathe in their industry.

But it is not just youtubers claiming they are on the list for the SVJ and claiming they are getting one. People in this thread claim it too.

As selfish as it might sound these cars should be made in very small numbers and sold to long term repeat customers of the brand in order to show your gratitude towards them and keep them loyal and reward them for their long term patronage, if you want to flood the market with Aventadors do a mini face lift on the S and sell it to everyone.

Locally a SVJ Roadster will be around $1.3m to $1.5m for $1.5m if you had an allocation you could get a Senna, 500 units made, I know which one I’d rather have.

Exaxtly

Jaysus, that is ban talk.

But it is not just youtubers claiming they are on the list for the SVJ and claiming they are getting one. People in this thread claim it too.

But that’s because anyone truly can get the SVJ....no exclusivity, it’ll be sold as a regular production car as Fortis mentioned.

900 coupes is dang near the majority production of Aventadors in a year. There will probably be 100 S’s sold that year.

I can't afford a lambo and I get the whole exclusivity thing... But to those who can afford one and own a business... Do give that kind of exclusivity with whatever service or product you deal in? Or are you in business to make money so you can continue offering your product or service and be able to afford these luxuries? That only 900 people worldwide will be lucky enough to get...

Not bashing or judging anyone, genuinely curious and giving an outsider's point of view on how lucky people who get to make these choices are.

Who rememberes the guy who sued Ferrari for not selling him a LaFirerari Aperta? This is exactly what Lamborghini is trying to avoid. They don't want to be viewed as the douchebag of the car industry. They are trying to be open to everyone unlike their main competitor. Social media has a large influence on the image of car brands these days. Getting bad publicity is piss easy these days.

My point is that Lamborghini isn't pissing off existing customers, more or less they respect them unlike a certain Brit who pumps out cars like they are IPhones every 6 months. Lambo could have easily done more power than the Centenario, but they chose not to, because they respect the people who buy their one-offs unlike that Brit. Point is they aren't forcing their customers to upgrade each year. I like to think of the SVJ as a plus version of the SV. If an SV is an IPhone X, then SVJ is an X Plus.

Considering this is the last pure N/A V12 model ever, I'm surprised they aren't building even more. This will be one of those cars that will apriciate in value from the start. After all this is an end of an era. As a final note SVJ are selling very well, heard UK has already over 50 orders.

Has anybody seen how the engine bonnet on the SVJ opens? I'm curious. Is it racecar style where you remove the entire bonnet and lay it on the floor? Or is it still hinged but they just removed the gas struts and give you a pole to keep it open?

Has anybody seen how the engine bonnet on the SVJ opens? I'm curious. Is it racecar style where you remove the entire bonnet and lay it on the floor? Or is it still hinged but they just removed the gas struts and give you a pole to keep it open?

It comes off completely like a race car style,

Oh man that would be great. How are those deals looking?

:iamwithstupid:

and those renderings by lambocars, especially the roadster are insane!!! :)

But that’s because anyone truly can get the SVJ....no exclusivity, it’ll be sold as a regular production car as Fortis mentioned.

900 coupes is dang near the majority production of Aventadors in a year. There will probably be 100 S’s sold that year.

But with the SVJ on the market and that same market place has plentiful supply of AV S and S roadsters who is going to order one of those? The SVJ is all that will be going down the production line because that is all people want - the order books dictate it.

If you ran lambo would you still allocate costs for parts and resources on a product no one is buying?

They are a business and have to operate in that way. The old days of 12 cars a year and manual gearboxes are gone.

US well spec Senna is 1.3M vs 550k SVJ

Mclaren made far greater than 500 Senna's and in order to get one you were an excellent prior owner of many and required a large deposit 18 months prior to delivery.

900 roadsters and 600 - 700 roadsters is still very exclusive and at the price there is no other V12 without placing a 1 in front of msrp.

In a few weeks the ones who are receiving the LE63 or hyper car will know 100% where they stand - anyone saying otherwise is just guessing but for a few who have connections and they aren't 100% positive.

All those who are here whining about your 5 - 600k JOTA should go try and buy a like car from another brand. Ferrari Mclaren Porsche those doors are closed for their special cars and have been for a long time.

US well spec Senna is 1.3M vs 550k SVJ

Mclaren made far greater than 500 Senna's and in order to get one you were an excellent prior owner of many and required a large deposit 18 months prior to delivery.

900 roadsters and 600 - 700 roadsters is still very exclusive and at the price there is no other V12 without placing a 1 in front of msrp.

In a few weeks the ones who are receiving the LE63 or hyper car will know 100% where they stand - anyone saying otherwise is just guessing but for a few who have connections and they aren't 100% positive.

All those who are here whining about your 5 - 600k JOTA should go try and buy a like car from another brand. Ferrari Mclaren Porsche those doors are closed for their special cars and have been for a long time.

Shut up cunt.

Someone asked about the engine cover, really love the unique way they have done this (as someone said racecar like):

6nDtCkM.jpg

Someone asked about the engine cover, really love the unique way they have done this (as someone said racecar like):

6nDtCkM.jpg

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Cool but a pain in the ass and you have to find something soft to put it on, at least it will be easier to clean the underside though.

6nDtCkM.jpg

Wildly impractical, but damn, I love it!

I get what some are saying about wanting the SVJ to be exclusive, but at the same time I am don't get it. If they make 900 SVJ coupes, that is 1 SVJ coupe for every 8.4 million people on this planet.

You have to get well into the 7 figures to keep the build count in the 10-20 car range. Even then some of those numbers balloon if you look at some of the special editions where it is basically same hyper car with the only REAL change being extra HP, bigger wings, different wheels, etc...

I love the race style removable engine cover. Hell I may drive without the cover! I understand that it may not be practical, but what is about this car?? And what situation would you find yourself in that you need to get in there immediately while alone?? If something malfunctions none of us are going to be able to do a damn thing about it,lol

Your grabbing one of two things....the fire extinguisher or you phone!

I get what some are saying about wanting the SVJ to be exclusive, but at the same time I am don't get it. If they make 900 SVJ coupes, that is 1 SVJ coupe for every 8.4 million people on this planet.

You have to get well into the 7 figures to keep the build count in the 10-20 car range. Even then some of those numbers balloon if you look at some of the special editions where it is basically same hyper car with the only REAL change being extra HP, bigger wings, different wheels, etc...

I think your logic is flawed. The market is extremely small.

1. Who can afford one?

2. Of those that can afford one, who has an interest in exotic cars?

3. Who is interested in Lambos vs the rest of the competition?

4. Finally, does this person have interest in a track focused version of a Lambo? There are a lot of Lambo owners that have no desire for this type of car.

Once you get down to the true potential market base of an SVJ, 900 Coupes and close to the same amount of Roadsters are a lot of supply for that base. It sucks.... but I am buying one anyway!

Because as a new buyer you want to buy a lesser model, one that does not meet your expectation?

That shit is pulled by Ferrari and we all moan about that.

There is no easy answer, Porsche USA seem to have a good touch on this issue but it is not faultless solution.

You buy what you can get, I am sure you understand the philosophy behind it. Many car companies do it, Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, Aston etc. Lamborghini does it also but at a different level and numbers but unfortunately those are just reskinned flagship cars.

I can't afford a lambo and I get the whole exclusivity thing... But to those who can afford one and own a business... Do give that kind of exclusivity with whatever service or product you deal in? Or are you in business to make money so you can continue offering your product or service and be able to afford these luxuries? That only 900 people worldwide will be lucky enough to get...

Not bashing or judging anyone, genuinely curious and giving an outsider's point of view on how lucky people who get to make these choices are.

I guess it’s business depended but most businesses have their bread and butter loyal customers who buy without fuss, building a loyal customer base isn’t easy, when you have them the key is to hold on to them for dear life because it doesn’t cost you as much to offer perks as it does to convert new ones.

So yes, loyalty gets rewarded and so it should because ultimately the business is dependent on core customers, suppliers, etc.

In the car business works the same, I used to buy Audis, one time few years back the model I wanted to buy was at the end of the cycle and I went Benz because their model was at the beginning of the cycle, in the last few years I’ve bought nothing but Benz, nothing against Audi they’ve done nothing to upset me but if I were in their position I would’ve worked harder at customer retention because most, including myself, are a creature of habit, once you jump brands it’s hard to reacquire.

I am very happy with Lamborghini, my dealer is truly fantastic so I buy from him without any concerns, our market here is minuscule and we aren’t really impacted as some are in the larger markets but still I believe in rewarding your top customers, I really want a Senna, I’d buy one today but I can not get one because I’ve never bought any of their product, I understand that and it doesn’t upset me, they should go to their loyal customer base, why should they give me one when I’ve haven’t bought as much as a key ring from them ?

6nDtCkM.jpg

APB, is it hinged at the top or doesn’t it work in a similar way as the Roadster roof?

Damn that looks hot!!!