Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

US well spec Senna is 1.3M vs 550k SVJ

Mclaren made far greater than 500 Senna's and in order to get one you were an excellent prior owner of many and required a large deposit 18 months prior to delivery.

900 roadsters and 600 - 700 roadsters is still very exclusive and at the price there is no other V12 without placing a 1 in front of msrp.

In a few weeks the ones who are receiving the LE63 or hyper car will know 100% where they stand - anyone saying otherwise is just guessing but for a few who have connections and they aren't 100% positive.

All those who are here whining about your 5 - 600k JOTA should go try and buy a like car from another brand. Ferrari Mclaren Porsche those doors are closed for their special cars and have been for a long time.

:iamwithstupid:

and I love the new rear deck!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agreed 100%. I don't think the Aventador SVJ has any real direct competitors in the marketplace today. The battleground with manufactures is in the 200-350k supercar market. There is nothing on offering from other marques in the 500-600k range that can match what the SVJ is offering.

All those who are here whining about your 5 - 600k JOTA should go try and buy a like car from another brand. Ferrari Mclaren Porsche those doors are closed for their special cars and have been for a long time.

Sad to say this but they're closing the door for us over here. They used to ask us to buy a S to get on the list. But it doesn't help them keep the ppl from wanting one. So some are buying "another" S to firm the order...

Simply a sale performance of the S is totally dead here. Lambo Japan sold approx 200 AVs in 2017, mostly SVs and SVRs. Now the market is flooded with well equipped used SV/SVRs. No one wants to buy a standard S new car.

rossopyra.jpg

Make sense. When you have money to buy a 450k USD Aventador S (US pricing), you can afford to pony up another 100K to purchase a 550k USD SVJ. So Lamborghini can't use pricing to differentiate the buyers between a regular S or the SVJ. Therefore, it's inevitable that Lamborghini needs to shift the majority of the Aventador production to the SVJ model for the next two years.

It's just like the Porsche 991.1 GT3RS market. When it first came out, everybody and their grandma wanted one. Porsche was very smart by not stating how many cars they will produce. When things are said and done, Porsche ended up producing 5500 copies of the GT3RS, which essentially killed the dealer ADM market. If you had bought a GT3RS at MSRP, you wouldn't have lost much money. It's still a great driver's car, nothing will change that fact even with over 5500 copies around the world.

I just hope Lamborghini made the necessary improvements on the SVJ over the SV. I had many opportunities to drive the SV both on the track and on the public roads. Honestly, I was never impressed with SV. It wasn't the driver's car that I thought it would be.

Here is my two cent. If Lamborghini finally made the Aventador SVJ into a proper driver's car, then I think the value on the SVJ will hold in the long term. Nothing beats a properly engineered driver's car and the market will reflect that. It will go down in history as the ONLY properly engineered Aventador and there is value in that. Ferrari produced 1315 copies of the F40 and look at the value of it today. There are many special editions of the Gallardo platform, some of them are less than 100 copies, do you see people lining up to buy them at auctions? LOL

Sad to say this but they're closing the door for us over here. They used to ask us to buy a S to get on the list. But it doesn't help them keep the ppl from wanting one. So some are buying "another" S to firm the order...

Simply a sale performance of the S is totally dead here. Lambo Japan sold approx 200 AVs in 2017, mostly SVs and SVRs. Now the market is flooded with well equipped used SV/SVRs. No one wants to buy a standard S new car.

rossopyra.jpg

That SV looks incredible :headbang:

APB, is it hinged at the top or doesn’t it work in a similar way as the Roadster roof?

Damn that looks hot!!!

It slots into hinges at the top and then there are locks on the bottom - you can see the hinges here

Sorry for the bad picture but the lighting there wasn't great

post-4545-1535706255_thumb.jpg

And I am sure it will have no problem breaking it. Hell the 720s with right tires will do it.

And on it goes. :lol2:

The Senna I really like for what it represents -- I hope the next hypercar triumvirate is more like this than the last one.

The 720S is cool and all, but not hardcore track focused IMHO...

And both cars are turbo V8s versus N/A, so sound wise not quite as special as the HP V10 or SVJ V12.

Of course, with respect to at least the 720S and predecessors, none have quite delivered on charisma the way that has been expected with Lamborghini and Ferrari, from everything I've heard so far. I haven't been able to confirm myself, but have yet to see one raving about the "feel" the same way as the Italians.

If it's true that the 720S isn't special in feel like a Performante or Pista but can outlap them at tracks, IMO it's meaningless unless you intend to actually race.

BTW for those of you like me who live in a right hand drive country I was quite impressed that the car the showed us here in the UK was RHD - normally they don't build these until they are a few months into production

post-4545-1535720183_thumb.jpg

post-4545-1535720192_thumb.jpg

When things are said and done, Porsche ended up producing 5500 copies of the GT3RS, which essentially killed the dealer ADM market.

damn they made 5500 991.1 GTR-RS?

Correct, I meant 900 coupes....changed my allocation to Roadster but fear this # will be high as well....

If so, then I’m out and maybe get second CGT or FGT

but they made over 4000 FGTs

That SV looks incredible :headbang:

:iamwithstupid: That is spectacular.

just saw this and dayummmm! loving the yellow!!!

post-2228-1535723521_thumb.jpg

Yellow is not a color I like at all, and yet that pic looks incredible. I don't think there will be a bad color on the SVJ.

Finished creating the Aventador SVJ Roadster version, front view, side view and rear view (which was the hardest to do) ... and I did some Ad Personam on it:

aventador_svj_roadster_1.jpg

Programming to go online as we speak ...

Phenomenal!!! Outstanding work, I can only imagine the extra effort you have to put into this because you aren’t on the Lambo payroll and have to create this stuff from scratch.

but they made over 4000 FGTs

Yes. And they're making over 10,000 Aventadors. You can't compare the Ford GT or Carrera GT or whatever to just the SVJ run. You have to compare it to the entire Aventador run because they are all Aventadors. And that's why the values never climb. There's too many and the market agrees.

When Ferrari makes a limited edition, it's an entirely different car. What Lamborghini does is dress up an existing model. The Reventon was a Murcielago. The Veneno and Centenario are Aventadors. There's just no getting around that. And that's the difference that the market sees. You buy an ThethetheFerrari or 918 and you are buying a totally different car. Yes there will be some homology in some mechanical aspects and switchgear, but it's not a 911 with new aero and lipstick.

It's a thing Lamborghini does to squeeze a 10 year product cycle out of a model. They are a smaller boutique company. Lambo brings in around 700 million a year revenue. Ferrari is at least 5x higher at 3.5 billion. FIVE TIMES is a lot. Imagine being 5x wealthier than you are today. You get the picture. You'd be able to do a lot of things differently. And that's the luxury Ferrari has that Lamborghini doesn't.

What Lamborghini has done on its current budget is incredible. Even if they only hold the ring record for a few months, they've HELD IT. Amazing.

But all that said we get back to the reality that what Lamborghini has done here is hyped up their halo vehicle, then stolen their own thunder by producing 63 more "even more desirable" vehicles (that in itself is a point of discussion). Why even do that? That was retarded. Then we've got the inevitable SVJ Roadsters coming down the pipe. Then the Limited Edition hybrid that was viewed in NYC. Then what next? Maybe another couple "last hurrah" vehicles for only a few lucky hundred people? Who knows?

It's just too many too fast and sure, we drive these vehicles for fun and don't care about the appreciation, sure there's that argument. But the counter argument is that people who have the stroke for this car are not dumb guys. They are good with money and don't like wasting it. No one wants to take a 100k kick in the balls after driving a car for 18 months. It's a pretty sickening feeling.

Yes. And they're making over 10,000 Aventadors. You can't compare the Ford GT or Carrera GT or whatever to just the SVJ run. You have to compare it to the entire Aventador run because they are all Aventadors. And that's why the values never climb. There's too many and the market agrees.

When Ferrari makes a limited edition, it's an entirely different car. What Lamborghini does is dress up an existing model. The Reventon was a Murcielago. The Veneno and Centenario are Aventadors. There's just no getting around that. And that's the difference that the market sees. You buy an ThethetheFerrari or 918 and you are buying a totally different car. Yes there will be some homology in some mechanical aspects and switchgear, but it's not a 911 with new aero and lipstick.

It's a thing Lamborghini does to squeeze a 10 year product cycle out of a model. They are a smaller boutique company. Lambo brings in around 700 million a year revenue. Ferrari is at least 5x higher at 3.5 billion. FIVE TIMES is a lot. Imagine being 5x wealthier than you are today. You get the picture. You'd be able to do a lot of things differently. And that's the luxury Ferrari has that Lamborghini doesn't.

What Lamborghini has done on its current budget is incredible. Even if they only hold the ring record for a few months, they've HELD IT. Amazing.

But all that said we get back to the reality that what Lamborghini has done here is hyped up their halo vehicle, then stolen their own thunder by producing 63 more "even more desirable" vehicles (that in itself is a point of discussion). Why even do that? That was retarded. Then we've got the inevitable SVJ Roadsters coming down the pipe. Then the Limited Edition hybrid that was viewed in NYC. Then what next? Maybe another couple "last hurrah" vehicles for only a few lucky hundred people? Who knows?

It's just too many too fast and sure, we drive these vehicles for fun and don't care about the appreciation, sure there's that argument. But the counter argument is that people who have the stroke for this car are not dumb guys. They are good with money and don't like wasting it. No one wants to take a 100k kick in the balls after driving a car for 18 months. It's a pretty sickening feeling.

This is honestly one of the most spot on posts here. It's impossible to compare something like an f40 to a special edition Aventador, no matter how good this variation ends up being. I feel like the one thing Lambo is missing is that those of us willing to write the check for a car with that sort of price tag expect more exclusivity, not just lap time performance. The V12s have always been peacock cars, I have to believe Lambo knows that. If that's your audience, it'd make sense to make more limited, truly special pieces than just revamp a 6 yr old design. Personally I'm kind of bummed out - I really wanted to like this car and was stoked to be first on the list for an allocation. It felt special because I had been told 185 cars. At 900 cars plus a special edition of that, it's sort of left me feeling meh about it all together. At this point I feel like I'd rather just wait til the next model, even though they'll pump out even more of them, as it'll be unique for the first year or two.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade that's getting one, I'm sure it'll still be a fantastic car.

Exactly porter! :eusa_clap:

The only thing I would add is that Lamborghini needs to survive in the shadow of Audi which in turn is surviving under the VAG umbrella. So Lamborghini needs to answer to 2 big bosses which is not an easy task at all. Lamborghini is way too small to do any hyper-car-calibre R&D and they aren't even 1/10 the marketing machine that Ferrari and Porsche are. Less than 20 years ago, Lamborghini was at the brink of collapse. IMO, they have done extremely well under VAG's stewardship. The fact that VAG did not sell Lamborghini due to Diesel Gate is a blessing already. That being said though, Lamborghini must and will utilize all its resources to make and sell as many cars as possible. It's a reality that we must deal with in today's world. Yes, no one likes taking a haircut after a relatively short ownership. But these are toys; these are not investments after all. If one is looking for a free or even profitable ownership from a car, Lamborghini is not the brand to consider. Just drive and enjoy the bulls.

It’s like you looked into a mirror ball of Lamborghini. Excellent post and insight!

:turboalex: