Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

I really think that Lamborghini showed the world that they have become a serious company with the Performante. I mean even the Aventador SV was mighty when it came out, but since the car was so uneven with its lap times I think people took the accusations that they cheated on the ring way more serious than the Performante. But it was for sure one first step towards a huge change in Lamborghini. If the new car is as impressive as the Performante, then you guys who signed up are in for a real treat!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really think that Lamborghini showed the world that they have become a serious company with the Performante. I mean even the Aventador SV was mighty when it came out, but since the car was so uneven with its lap times I think people took the accusations that they cheated on the ring way more serious than the Performante. But it was for sure one first step towards a huge change in Lamborghini. If the new car is as impressive as the Performante, then you guys who signed up are in for a real treat!

The inconsistencies in the lap times with the SV is due to the fact that you need a massive set of balls to get out of the car what a novice or a not so experienced driver could easily get out of something with so many aids that would literally drive itself.

The SV is extremly capable but at the same time very scary to push past your OWN threshold, you push it past your comfort level and it delivers but it’s scary, it’s a different sort of an animal at a different level from its competitors, once you take it where it’s design to go you will enjoy an experience which you’ve never enjoyed before, the SV is a BEAST a lot more than the sum of its stats.

To spend the money on the current car was silly to spend the money on the new one is just a bit more silliness :icon_mrgreen:

You only live once why not enjoy if you can?

We agree :)

Do you guys think this car will surpass the Centenario in power? If this is the very last, I don't think 765 hp or so (to not beat the Centenarios 770) would be quite enough to really go out with a bang. The Aventador deserves 800 before the car gets replaced. And according to a friend of mine the engine could take 800, maybe even 900 pretty easily. I really hope they do not get all conservative with this bull.

Do you guys think this car will surpass the Centenario in power? If this is the very last, I don't think 765 hp or so (to not beat the Centenarios 770) would be quite enough to really go out with a bang. The Aventador deserves 800 before the car gets replaced. And according to a friend of mine the engine could take 800, maybe even 900 pretty easily. I really hope they do not get all conservative with this bull.

If Lamborghini follows their past patterns, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. The LP670SV out-powers the Reventon; the current LP750SV matches the Veneno; even the current Avenatdor S out-powers the 50th Anniversaries Aventador. Those who bought the Centenario likely wouldn't care much anyway. A) It's not that they don't know the "power game". B ) If they can buy the Centennario, they can buy this one too. C) Or they can sell the Centenario, make a tiny profit, buy this upcoming car and bank back plenty of $.

If Lamborghini follows their past patterns, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. The LP670SV out-powers the Reventon; the current LP750SV matches the Veneno; even the current Avenatdor S out-powers the 50th Anniversaries Aventador. Those who bought the Centenario likely wouldn't care much anyway. A) It's not that they don't know the "power game". B ) If they can buy the Centennario, they can buy this one too. C) Or they can sell the Centenario, make a tiny profit, buy this upcoming car and bank back plenty of $.

:iamwithstupid: spot on!

To spend the money on the current car was silly to spend the money on the new one is just a bit more silliness :icon_mrgreen:

You only live once why not enjoy if you can?

I agree with you but it is a variation of the same theme , why not go for something radical and keep what you have.

I agree with you but it is a variation of the same theme , why not go for something radical and keep what you have.

Unfortunately locally we are very restricted to what we can buy, you get the run of the mill exotics from the usual companies P, Mac, Ferrari and Lambo, not into Astons so I don't know their range, no halo LE cars from any manufacturer are available here.

That doesn't leave too many options if you want something new that's very special at P1, LaF, 918, Chiron, etc. level.

I am not bending over in front of Ferrari for any of their LE cars which are available locally, TDF or Speciale type cars, I see what some guys have to go through to get one it makes me nauseous LOL, it's a damn car not the cure for cancer screw that crap they can keep them for all I care, not playing their game.

McLaren to a certain degree started playing the same game but nowhere as bad as Ferrari, the P15 I wouldn't mind but I can't get an allocation because I haven't lost my shirt on any of their other stuff, the allocations are reserved to those guys which is fair enough.

Porsche has no exotics cars to speak of only the 991 range the GT3/RS/GT2RS are fantastic but unfortunately quite boring cars and once again you have to do the bend over thing, I'd love a 918 but that's not going to happen so since I don't want boring in terms of excitement the only brand left here is Lamborghini, if the new V12 is made in very small numbers and it will be crazier than the SV it makes sense for me to go for it.

I am 1st on the list with my dealer so I am guaranteed to get one, we will see it this year with deliveries in 2019.

The only issue with buying the new V12 is that few months later you will have a replacement so you'll end up with a very expensive superseded model but 1st year production is always plagued with issues so that gives me some comfort.

Anyway that's the reasoning behind it, perhaps I am just bored LOL

How have you been? haven't talked to you in a while, time for a catch up!!

RWS made a huge difference to the way the Aventador felt according to the tests I've read and seen. And add the ALA system which clearly works well on the Huracán. I think this car will be a monster.

Seems strange to me that exotics are only now utilizing this 30yo technology first offered in the Nissan 300Z .

Seems strange to me that exotics are only now utilizing this 30yo technology first offered in the Nissan 300Z .

Was it not used on the Honda Prelude even before the 300z?

That’s what I was going to say, I specced the RWS on my wife’s Q7 and it’s such a great feature, turns a huge boat into something very manageable :icon_mrgreen:

Honda and Nissan were ahead of their time. 😀

Anyway, for those that have already placed an order. What did you go for? Coupe or Roadster?

If you thought SV was neck snapping, this one will clean-shave your neck off.

Anyway, for those that have already placed an order. What did you go for? Coupe or Roadster?

I'd go for Roadster perfonally. With the roof on and the back window down the Aventador Roadster is just amazing!

I remember this, my sister had a red vtec prelude I thought was the $hit.. lol

high tech for back then.

Roadster all the way.

For once we disagree

because you haven't experienced the roadster, once you do you won't be able to go back, the screaming V12 with the roof down is intoxicating, I used to be hardtop guy all the way now I changed my mind.

because you haven't experienced the roadster, once you do you won't be able to go back, the screaming V12 with the roof down is intoxicating, I used to be hardtop guy all the way now I changed my mind.

:iamwithstupid:

I started with roadsters in the Diablo days, the Murci Roadster was horrible. I’ve been a fixed roof guy since. I’d try a roadster again....maybe. Last few years I like my slow cars with open tops.

Are you planning on getting this car?

Unfortunately locally we are very restricted to what we can buy, you get the run of the mill exotics from the usual companies P, Mac, Ferrari and Lambo, not into Astons so I don't know their range, no halo LE cars from any manufacturer are available here.

That doesn't leave too many options if you want something new that's very special at P1, LaF, 918, Chiron, etc. level.

I am not bending over in front of Ferrari for any of their LE cars which are available locally, TDF or Speciale type cars, I see what some guys have to go through to get one it makes me nauseous LOL, it's a damn car not the cure for cancer screw that crap they can keep them for all I care, not playing their game.

McLaren to a certain degree started playing the same game but nowhere as bad as Ferrari, the P15 I wouldn't mind but I can't get an allocation because I haven't lost my shirt on any of their other stuff, the allocations are reserved to those guys which is fair enough.

Porsche has no exotics cars to speak of only the 991 range the GT3/RS/GT2RS are fantastic but unfortunately quite boring cars and once again you have to do the bend over thing, I'd love a 918 but that's not going to happen so since I don't want boring in terms of excitement the only brand left here is Lamborghini, if the new V12 is made in very small numbers and it will be crazier than the SV it makes sense for me to go for it.

I am 1st on the list with my dealer so I am guaranteed to get one, we will see it this year with deliveries in 2019.

The only issue with buying the new V12 is that few months later you will have a replacement so you'll end up with a very expensive superseded model but 1st year production is always plagued with issues so that gives me some comfort.

Anyway that's the reasoning behind it, perhaps I am just bored LOL

How have you been? haven't talked to you in a while, time for a catch up!!

I have been too much work and not enough play, will put an end to all of that soon as my projects are coming very close to completion and i plane to take it easy forever after that, time is running out on me to have fun, will be 60 soon.

I have been too much work and not enough play, will put an end to all of that soon as my projects are coming very close to completion and i plane to take it easy forever after that, time is running out on me to have fun, will be 60 soon.

Same here, 3 more years, at 45 I am done, time to play, you only live once what’s the point in just accumulating.

When are you coming to Europe??

Same here, 3 more years, at 45 I am done, time to play, you only live once what’s the point in just accumulating.

When are you coming to Europe??

March or April i will bd in France , then end of summer , my daughter is getting married in June

March or April i will bd in France , then end of summer , my daughter is getting married in June

I will be there during the same period, I will message you, do you know if there is a park near the Four Seasons Paris where I could pitch my tent ? :icon_mrgreen:

I'm sort of torn on this, new is almost always better but performance wise it is irrelevant its just about the feel and looks now really, all the cars are too fast for me to use properly on the road.

Four wheel steering is great for driving feel in a big car

Active aero great but possibly irrelevant to me really and i hate the composite carbon look so i really hope they don't go with that

Just not sure it is enough to swap an SV i have setup how i like as major issue for me is that the new model will be hot on its heels and could be a game changer.

Also being told i may not get one as severely limited and it is starting to annoy me that i have to suck up to a dealer to spend a lot of money when i have bought and held rather than flipped every model over the last 10 years. Guess dealers like turnover but there is some seriously dodgy business practices here for allocation of special cars with people ending up with them that never should get them and then sell immediately.

I think i'm getting old