Teaser photo of XJ220s

LPDADDY

Honestly I think the kenesis that you have on this car look way better then the BBS that were on the original cars. Sure its original, but that BBS design just looks very dated at this point. Unless you were to "update" to like a BBS LM or something, which in your case, I just don't see it being worth it. Any idea what happened to the originals?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I think the kenesis that you have on this car look way better then the BBS that were on the original cars. Sure its original, but that BBS design just looks very dated at this point. Unless you were to "update" to like a BBS LM or something, which in your case, I just don't see it being worth it. Any idea what happened to the originals?

I have no idea, i have seen older pictures of my car and from the looks of it, the Kinesis wheels have been on it for a while now . They are also bigger diameter, the BBS where 16s, these are 19 and 20 .

I recently learnt that when the 5 XJ220S cars where introduced to shows, the BBS centers where plastic , for show only .

I would have liked BBS LM wheels, no go , BBS not interested.

Im surprised they were that small. This one is yours correct in original form?

XJ220_TWR-carImage.jpg

That is it . Very nice shot.

Whoever whines about the motor has no clue, it is state of art cosworth build, super light. 2 guys were able to lift it on the bench. When you compare it to the Lambo V12, it is half the size yet produces almost as much hp as the V12, granted with 2 turbos.

If it passes your criteria I am sure it already exceeds most people's expectations. The crowd at that time was expecting a V12 so to get something half of that was a bit of a let down per se but they obviously did not realize the hidden gem that was ultimately used. I just bought something from Cosworth of the same era (nowhere remotely near as exotic as your XJ of course) so I understand their good engineering. Your XJ should be a ton of fun. I look forward to seeing it in the not-so-distant future. Congrats again!

Thank you for sharing pictures of your Jaguar.

I was just going through some old photos and remembered seeing some pictures of a XJ220.

I took these shots in Sarasota Florida November 2004.

Enjoy...

post-15031-1490205063_thumb.jpg

post-15031-1490205071_thumb.jpg

post-15031-1490205078_thumb.jpg

post-15031-1490205086_thumb.jpg

post-15031-1490205093_thumb.jpg

post-15031-1490205100_thumb.jpg

post-15031-1490205107_thumb.jpg

post-15031-1490205114_thumb.jpg

post-15031-1490205120_thumb.jpg

I didn't know that, sorry.

There were 2 of them at Vik's OC Lamborghini for a while circa 2006. I was always preferred the S with the clear lenses rather the retractable covers on the standard cars. Amazing a car that big, could weigh so little.

Vahe's old cars. I think they moved around as a pair.

Wonder what happened to Vahe and if he still has the v12 lambos.

I have heard the name, i believe he might have been the original owner of my car . He is a dentist right ?

• 4 months later...

This pulled into the parking lot where we paddocked at the Nordschleife. First one I've seen in the "wild".

Drew a TON of attention.

Any update on your car LPDADDY?

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

This pulled into the parking lot where we paddocked at the Nordschleife. First one I've seen in the "wild".

Drew a TON of attention.

Any update on your car LPDADDY?

I went to sliverstone classic , they had 40 cars there . My resto is stalled , waiting for gaskets to put motor back in , 3 months wait so far as Don Law is a jerk and takes his sweet time .

My birthday is in May, I like blue .... just sayin

I saw a SV in Monaco last night that's identical to yours.

The XJ220 in blue is amazing, I've driven a couple of them-not very far. They are great cars

• 5 months later...

Motor is now ready, finally got parts. The final assembly should be pretty fast, i would say the car will be on the road by May at latest

xj220_motor_resized.jpg

I’ve always been a big fan of these. They were ahead of their time. I also like the way they eschewed the big heavy V12 for a rally based twin turbo V6.

Can’t wait to see the finished product.