McGregor vs. Mayweather

Kisco

Nothing would make me happier than to see Floyd "Suckerpunch" Mayweather knocked out cold. If Connor connects he will definitely have problems, but I fear it will be another dodge-dodge-poke fight.

If Conor wins though it will be a huge boost for MMA, which is likely the reason Dana allows it. That and $$$ ofc.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, I really hope he adapts his style more than this to boxing, fighting like that does not work when kicks, takedowns, elbows, knees and running backwards 30 feet is out of the equation. He will need to land a KO in the first couple of rounds, or see himself jabbed to bits like Diaz did.

Am I the only one that thinks McGregor has a chance? He is bigger, longer, stronger......one flush connection and it could be a bad day for Mayweather.

Mayweather's got a chin. Boxing is a different sport than MMA and the guys train for years taking shots to the head. No ground game, no kicks, no wrestling, nothing. Just straight punches to the body and head.

All that aside, so many upsets these past 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if McGregor wins it.

Edit - just watched the video Porter posted. Yikes.. if he's not sandbagging, that's amateur level bad.

Edit 2 - That video is also from 2016.. hopefully McGregor got better. Full -

Mayweather's got a chin. Boxing is a different sport than MMA and the guys train for years taking shots to the head. No ground game, no kicks, no wrestling, nothing. Just straight punches to the body and head.

All that aside, so many upsets these past 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if McGregor wins it.

Edit - just watched the video Porter posted. Yikes.. if he's not sandbagging, that's amateur level bad.

Edit 2 - That video is also from 2016.. hopefully McGregor got better. Full -

Do boxers really train taking punches to the head? I mean won't that cause brain damage pretty quickly? I always thought boxers trained to deal with getting punched at the head, but don't actually take shots to the head.

What amazes me is how many MMA fighters have such lousy cardio when the fights are only three rounds. Boxers can go for twelve rounds, so an MMA fighter ought to be able to handle three.

Its a joke that someone who hasn't boxed even as an amateur can challenge a champion. Hundreds of hungry fighters who have trained for years don't get the chance.. then some loud mouth douche gets a chance? Its a circus show. Connor is a tough cunt when he is utilizing an arsenal of tactics for MMA. His boxing is decent for an MMA guy but NOWHERE compared to a guy who trains strictly boxing. Whole thing is a farce, and they are both colossal douchebags. The only people who lose in this are the ppv and ticket holders.

:iamwithstupid:

Also MMA fighters. Guys train for years in that as well, and then this guy is going to get $100 million...!? Hell I'd get in the ring with Mike Tyson in his prime if I was being paid $100 million to do it. Any physical injuries I'd be able to pay for :D

Haha minus dying... the cardio thing... MMA is VERY strenuous cardio wise... u expend HUGE amounts of energy where as boxing is more paced... but keeping your hands up for 12 rounds is something you need to train

the first time mayweather tries to lock up with mcgreggor, muscle memory will kick in and mcgregor will arm bar him or take him to the mat. he'll get DQ'd. fans will riot.

Another nail in the coffin for boxing.

Not sure about that.

Those of us who are watching for the silly drama know what's up.

This is the Fast and the Furious of boxing. Critically s*** but will sell well and still entertain. :icon_thumleft: :lol2:

Also MMA fighters. Guys train for years in that as well, and then this guy is going to get $100 million...!? Hell I'd get in the ring with Mike Tyson in his prime if I was being paid $100 million to do it. Any physical injuries I'd be able to pay for :D

This is an anomaly event which will garner anomaly purses.

Back to your regularly scheduled boxing hype for GGG vs. Canelo which will undoubtedly get less viewership and prove to be a much better <boxing> fight.

Willing to bet Mayweather and McGregor are pals and they devised this a long time ago. Why did McGregor just randomly start calling out Mayweather constantly

This is an anomaly event which will garner anomaly purses.

Back to your regularly scheduled boxing hype for GGG vs. Canelo which will undoubtedly get less viewership and prove to be a much better <boxing> fight.

Oh, man, I cant fcuking wait for that one. Christ knows its taken long enough. Its going to be a cracker.

Win or lose Conor has already won IMO. This fight came about just from him running his mouth on social media. He made this happen from nothing and his payday will easily be the largest ever in his career. If he loses everyone kind of already expected it. If he somehow gets lucky and wins it'll be huge. Win/win.

It's boxing, not fighting. FM is a master at boxing and moving. Connor will grab and grind and be a sloppy boxer. He'll get warned trying to break his old habits.

If this was a fight, Connor would mutilate FM, he'd grab mister "hide behind my gloves" and open him up like a date rape.

It's boxing, not fighting. FM is a master at boxing and moving. Connor will grab and grind and be a sloppy boxer. He'll get warned trying to break his old habits.

If this was a fight, Connor would mutilate FM, he'd grab mister "hide behind my gloves" and open him up like a date rape.

I sure hope Mayweather gets beat, sucks it all has to be on Mayweather's terms, etc... boxing is dead for a reason, it's boring.. MMA is hot because it's more "real"... if they are such badasses, let them fight it out for real...

betting will be nutz, you can even bet on the over/under number of PPV orders for the fight!

FACT: You have a guy with 0 boxing experience, 0 wins and 0 knockouts fighting a guy with 20+ years experience, 49 wins, 29 KOs and 0 losses.

I'm not paying a dime to watch this garbage. Either Connor will last 30 seconds or Mayweather will run from him for 12 rounds. Neither are worth paying money to watch. This is just a money grab.

I hope McGregor wins, but unless they put on the UFC gloves and not boxing gloves, he doesn't have a shot in hell.

I sure hope Mayweather gets beat, sucks it all has to be on Mayweather's terms, etc... boxing is dead for a reason, it's boring.. MMA is hot because it's more "real"... if they are such badasses, let them fight it out for real...

betting will be nutz, you can even bet on the over/under number of PPV orders for the fight!

Just curious, but how is boxing dead if Mayweather can make over $100 million a fight?

Just curious, but how is boxing dead if Mayweather can make over $100 million a fight?

Because everyone wants to see his smug face knocked out :eusa_dance:

• 1 month later...
If anyone is silly enough to bet on this, Id be happy to take your money :)

I just placed a bet on Connor , will make for good payday.

I think it would be hilarious if FM took a dive and had a proxy place a massive bet on Connor. Like that episode of SouthPark with Satan vs Jesus and Satan takes a dive.