The Performante encounter...

Fortis

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is exactly how I would do mine. That or with yellow instead of green.

Nonetheless that looks amazing and black is sinister!

Yellow was the other option but I have yellow on the SV and my brother did yellow in his Performante so decided to go for green, it’s something different and I love how well it contrasts with black, I just need to make sure that whatever green I can get is on the bright side.

Just want to put it out there, what’s the general consensus on the radio delete, would you have a car with it?

Also does anyone know what the material will be in the centre console where all the buttons would be? Is it plastic or forged carbon as in the SV?

Yellow was the other option but I have yellow on the SV and my brother did yellow in his Performante so decided to go for green, it’s something different and I love how well it contrasts with black, I just need to make sure that whatever green I can get is on the bright side.

Yeah it is going to look awesome, I think a brighter green will look awesome. I have your SV as my desktop background!

Have you considered the "Italy" calipers? They would match the Performante stripe. Thought that might look good with the black as well.

Yeah it is going to look awesome, I think a brighter green will look awesome. I have your SV as my desktop background!

Have you considered the "Italy" calipers? They would match the Performante stripe. Thought that might look good with the black as well.

Wow thank you, I can send you high res of my SV if you’d like any, just let me know.

I am considering taking off the Italian flag stripe or even replacing it with a green one to match the calipers, I wouldn’t do the Italian flag calipers.

Just want to put it out there, what’s the general consensus on the radio delete, would you have a car with it?

Also does anyone know what the material will be in the centre console where all the buttons would be? Is it plastic or forged carbon as in the SV?

The only car I've seen a radio delete on is VCR's white Superleggera. Car was alcantara and carbon nirvana.

Resale is about the only thing that I think would greatly suffer. I would say the majority of the lamborghini buyer's would want the ability to have some music even if the quality isn't that great.

VCR helped me with the spec and for that I really want to thank him

Tough guy to please... Has a inherent dislike on certain colours and not bold enough to take on wild colours so I said screw it, just choose matte black then: no colour per se, non reflective so it looks like a black hole! And bingo, he likes it! :rolleyes: The bill is in the mail... :icon_mrgreen:

J/k of course. :icon_mrgreen: You are welcome. It was fun and I think gloss carbon + matte black + verde accents will look sinister good!

Fortis,

THANK YOU!!! ... For taking the TIME to give us a ride in the H P ...

Great review ... I read every line ... Some of them twice ...

I knew it was worth it, when I saw LA Brit's post ...

Like you ... I thought ... The letter C was NOT used in the entire post ...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ... That is indeed high praise for your review ...

Enjoy and Be Safe ...

Because of your review Fortis I've decided to trade in my 580 and get the Perf. I've been on the fence since the preview in LA but with all you guys praising it and also the fact it's grown on me I've decided to take the plunge. Will report back on my spec later in the week.
This move you will not regret. I had a 580 for a year, hated (almost) every minute of it and could not wait to get rid of the car. I passed on ordering a Performante because of this experience, I had no interest. But I got offered a very early car, and decided to take the risk, I could always sell quickly if it was a 580/610 with some kit. Well, I'm keeping it, they hit a home run with this car.

I love Effesto but I already had it so I decided to do something different.

VCR helped me with the spec and for that I really want to thank him, I would also like to thank every single one of you who suggested colors, picking a color is an absolute nightmare.

Since everyone is going for all the crazy bright colors I decided to go against the grain, I always wanted a black Lambo they look sinister in black and this is the best model to do it on IMO so I selected Nero Nemesis with gloss black as a contrast and bright green accents, on the exterior gloss back forged carbon wth the rest of the trim bits in gloss, gloss black centre lock wheels, green calipers, bicolor interior with green inverted stitching.

I really want to do a stereo delete but you lose the reverse camera, personally I don’t care as it is pretty useless, for music and phone (VCR’s suggestion) I could install a Bluetooth portable speaker, great idea and would suit me perfectly, I never listen to the stereo in these cars, in the SV I never even turn it on.

I like the clean look of the centre console.

Lambo Cars’s configurator doesn’t seem to have the matte black color so I just did one in gloss black as a reference.

That is a great looking spec, I love how the green pops against black, both interior and exterior. One thing: are you sure you want the bucket seats? I found them uncomfortable, word is that they are fatiguing over time. Having sat in both and using the Comfort seats on track I don't think there is much to be gained wrt support, the GT4 is better than both, I have one as well and track it, plus take long 500mile+ drives.

And when you say "gloss black as an accent", do you mean Style Package with glossy rockers and front spoiler?

Me personally I'd keep the radio for the NAV/reverse/tunes. I'm not big on the infotainment system UI, but because the car has 2 Road modes, Sport in which I don't care if the radio is on, and Strada where it's nice bc the car is so quiet, I'd want it. Back in the day I did my Scuderia with radio delete, and I've never regretted it, but that car is focused and loud all the time, the Performante is not.

Beautiful spec Fortis/VCR, love the green accents.

Side note, anyone see the ad personam S like trim in DoctaM3's Perf? I think it looks incredible.

Screenshot_2017_10_15_Collecting_my_Lamborghini_Hurac_n_Performante___YouTube.png

Haha, i knew you would love it, that var was basically made with you in mind.

C'mon be brave, viola parsifae! Or verde Singh would be badass too.

Love your brothers house!

Hah! That is DoctaM3's color and mine - we both received ours yesterday!

The only car I've seen a radio delete on is VCR's white Superleggera. Car was alcantara and carbon nirvana.

Resale is about the only thing that I think would greatly suffer. I would say the majority of the lamborghini buyer's would want the ability to have some music even if the quality isn't that great.

I know and he's advising against it for the exact same reason, resale LOL

The music will be resolved via the bluetooth wireless speaker which I am sure it will sound better than the factory option, the only issue would be camera. I am in two minds about it and I must lock the order in preferably today.

Tough guy to please... Has a inherent dislike on certain colours and not bold enough to take on wild colours so I said screw it, just choose matte black then: no colour per se, non reflective so it looks like a black hole! And bingo, he likes it! :rolleyes: The bill is in the mail... :icon_mrgreen:

J/k of course. :icon_mrgreen: You are welcome. It was fun and I think gloss carbon + matte black + verde accents will look sinister good!

You think I am difficult now?? You haven't dealt with me on one of my projects, my architect said, I am NOT a GOD damn draftsman I am an architect, good! shut up and draw what I am telling you :lol2:

I was thinking of black for a while, I saw a black Huracan parked in front of a shop and it looked so wicked and sinister, from that point I wanted one, but black is predictable so that's why it was difficult for me to take the leap, you just reinforced my belief, also I wanted to do green accents but once again I was worried because yellow is the logical safe option, when you said green I nearly jumped out omy my chair screaming touch down :lol2:

I liked your ideas about the contrasts, matte, against gloss, etc.

Thank you once again, as I said next dinner is on me :turboalex:

Only change I would do is to take off the side stripe, other than that, it's perfect!

I completely agree, I will take the stripe off to see how it looks, I will ask to see if I can get the stripe sent with the car but not applied from the factory.

Fortis,

THANK YOU!!! ... For taking the TIME to give us a ride in the H P ...

Great review ... I read every line ... Some of them twice ...

I knew it was worth it, when I saw LA Brit's post ...

Like you ... I thought ... The letter C was NOT used in the entire post ...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ... That is indeed high praise for your review ...

Enjoy and Be Safe ...

Thank you very much, actually I couldn't stop laughing when my brother was driving, at least once a minute he said F off how is this possible LOL it was so hilarious!

That is a great looking spec, I love how the green pops against black, both interior and exterior. One thing: are you sure you want the bucket seats? I found them uncomfortable, word is that they are fatiguing over time. Having sat in both and using the Comfort seats on track I don't think there is much to be gained wrt support, the GT4 is better than both, I have one as well and track it, plus take long 500mile+ drives.

And when you say "gloss black as an accent", do you mean Style Package with glossy rockers and front spoiler?

Me personally I'd keep the radio for the NAV/reverse/tunes. I'm not big on the infotainment system UI, but because the car has 2 Road modes, Sport in which I don't care if the radio is on, and Strada where it's nice bc the car is so quiet, I'd want it. Back in the day I did my Scuderia with radio delete, and I've never regretted it, but that car is focused and loud all the time, the Performante is not.

Thank you I love the spec, predictable to a certain extent but I love it. Yes on the gloss black, I was referring to the Style Package but I forgot what it was called :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you for the stereo feedback, I should probably start a poll.

On the seats, I honestly do not understand why everyone is complaining about them, I absolutely love them and I would not have a car without them, I've done 3 hour plus drives in my SV non stop without any issues and the Performante ones are identical. Maybe I am just a sucker for punishment LOL

I do a lot of driving on very twisty mountain roads at relatively low speed, the standard seats do not have the same hold ability, I had them in a car which I used for more than two years.

The race seats are perfectly suited for my size and body shape but as I said before I can see how they would get uncomfortable if you are taller or larger.

The GT4 bucket seats have more padding but the issue I have with them is the cushion under my legs, it is too pronounced, I like my seat slightly reclined, I don't really like leaning forward because of it that cushion puts a bit of pressure to the underside of my legs and after a while it can get a bit annoying and uncomfortable.

Beautiful spec Fortis/VCR, love the green accents.

Side note, anyone see the ad personam S like trim in DoctaM3's Perf? I think it looks incredible.

:icon_thumleft:

The red line looks cool, a bit too dominant IMO, the S has similar trim on the seats to continue the theme.

wow congrats to all the new perf owners! you will not be sorry! I cant put her down!

You are lucky, I think I have to wait 8 months :crybaby2:

Hah! That is DoctaM3's color and mine - we both received ours yesterday!

Have you picked yours up yet?

Your unveil was the best I've seen in the history of car unveils :lol2: