Unfuckingbelievable numbers from Tesla

derphurf

An environmentally friendly one.

Theoretically...Electric vehicle production requires intense amounts of nickel mining and lithium synthesizing to make the large batteries...

From what I've read recently Tesla is burning cash at a rate of $8,000 a minute...or $480k an hour. The Model 3 is in "production hell" according to Musk...so we'll see how it goes. They've been hemorrhaging cash left and right and they need the Model 3 to be a huge win to stay alive and viable.

They've done some cool stuff, it'll be interesting to see how the fare and if they'll be around to make the 2020 Roadster. I'm not actively rooting agianst them...though I'm not exactly enthusiastically rooting for them either...I do love the Model S and I think they've proven the idea that an all-electric car is possible...however they more and more recently have given me the Apple vibe in the sense of company culture which has been a bit of a turn off. But I do think their presence has forced all the big players to adapt their strategies. I think going for the electric big-rig would have been a better route to pursue first before going to mass commuter market. Maybe they will prove me wrong.

But it does make me a smidge giddy to see an American car throwing up numbers that make Bugatti blush.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks great, I really like retro looking design, I guess it shows that I do like older cars but not the PITA issues which come with them :icon_mrgreen:

I always wonder if SpaceX is profitable, because as it is a private company the stock is held by Musk and a few other investors of his choosing. In contrast Tesla is public. Why? I'm thinking SpaceX is profitable and has more potential, and he sees it as his main business, and Tesla is on the side, and it's public so he can share the risks with everyone else. If it works and it becomes a new auto giant, good for him, if it flops he'll still be hailed as the man who forced the auto industry to become environment friendly. Thing is do you really want to take part in his experiments? He'll land on his feet no matter what, some of his investors won't.

I always wonder if SpaceX is profitable, because as it is a private company the stock is held by Musk and a few other investors of his choosing. In contrast Tesla is public. Why? I'm thinking SpaceX is profitable and has more potential, and he sees it as his main business, and Tesla is on the side, and it's public so he can share the risks with everyone else. If it works and it becomes a new auto giant, good for him, if it flops he'll still be hailed as the man who forced the auto industry to become environment friendly. Thing is do you really want to take part in his experiments? He'll land on his feet no matter what, some of his investors won't.

Someone who sees the big picture :turboalex:

Looks like the press are starting to question Teslas claims now about the car

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...ws-of-batteries

I can list articles since 2009 as to why Tesla and Musk will fail to make an all electric car........ when reading these articles, think about who stands to lose the most by his success.....then you will know who funded the article. Even NASA said Musk will never get a rocket to come back to earth. The negative articles will never stop. Oh well.

But I do think their presence has forced all the big players to adapt their strategies. I think going for the electric big-rig would have been a better route to pursue first before going to mass commuter market. Maybe they will prove me wrong.

Actually, none of the big players would be doing much with EV if it wasn't for the 2012 EPA 'Mandate' of 54.5MPG (which is not feasible for a 'fleet average' of all vehicles the majors produce..) that mandate has a target year of 2025, that's what has the majors moving...not Tesla...

http://www.motortrend.com/news/epa-relaxes...l-economy-2025/

Actually, none of the big players would be doing much with EV if it wasn't for the 2012 EPA 'Mandate' of 54.5MPG (which is not feasible for a 'fleet average' of all vehicles the majors produce..) that mandate has a target year of 2025, that's what has the majors moving...not Tesla...

http://www.motortrend.com/news/epa-relaxes...l-economy-2025/

I love how the EPA makes numbers up without doing the due diligence...not the first time nor will it be the last :lol2: