2018 Huracán Performante Spyder

Supercar Ace

It`s the same soft top from the regular H Spyder with the same mechanism.

All this weight could have been avoided with a hard top (like Ferrari and McLaren ones), but noooo Audi overlords and their R8 kept it from happening.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It`s the same soft top from the regular H Spyder with the same mechanism.

All this weight could have been avoided with a hard top (like Ferrari and McLaren ones), but noooo Audi overlords and their R8 kept it from happening.

wouldn't the hardtop be heavier? Does it have less hardware? They should build it as a roadster, very light.

wouldn't the hardtop be heavier? Does it have less hardware? They should build it as a roadster, very light.

A lot of the times convertible versions are heavier, usually because of the increased structural components to shore up the frame from flexing do the lack of support from the missing roof.

I would have loved the hard top split roof like an aventador. I wonder how they saved weight with carbon in the body. Half the tub is carbon already. Would be awesome to get one of those how to inside videos made showing the differences. That’s how you sell the journalists and geeks :)

A lot of the times convertible versions are heavier, usually because of the increased structural components to shore up the frame from flexing do the lack of support from the missing roof.

I agree with your evaluation, APB mentioned about hardtop foldable roof like the F and Mac have as an alternative to the soft top Lamborghini went with.

I was wondering if a hard top foldable system weighs less than a canvas soft top, I assume the weights would be the same.

And yes lot of the additional weight would go into reinforcing the body in order to stop it from flexing.

Car is stunning.

I always question spyders of extreme variants though - Performante, Scuderia, Speciale.....

Aventador SV is an exception though since it's not quite an all out track car.

Hardtop Spyders from McLaren and Ferrari weigh around 88 pounds (40 kg) over the coupes compared to Lamborghini's soft tops that weigh 275 pounds (125 kg, thanks for correction Lambocars) over the coupes.

Softtops are heavier in this day and age. Latest example is 570 Spider, it weights 101 pounds (46 kg) over the Coupe.

Hardtop Spyders from McLaren and Ferrari weigh around 88 pounds (40 kg) over the coupes compared to Lamborghini's soft tops that weigh 275 pounds (125 kg, thanks for correction Lambocars) over the coupes.

Softtops are heavier in this day and age. Latest example is 570 Spider, it weights 101 pounds (46 kg) over the Coupe.

It could be because McLaren doesn’t have to reinforce the chassis because of the carbon tub and Ferrari doesn’t care that their convertibles flex like moist spaghetti?

Nevertheless that’s very interesting.

It was "super" ad personam. They had never done it before. I insisted on alcantara, when they finally gave in to do it they said, only in leather. Car arrived in alcantara. Since it has now been down, I am sure they will do it for you. Not sure if it delays car but since its not routine ad personam (I just checked) it might. I would just check with your dealer. It does look super cool though so I would say go for it. What color are you thinking?

26153804109_416b003a13_b.jpg

:iamwithstupid: is that stripe ad personam or regular option? I just don't want to push back production.

maybe the McLaren carbon fiber monocoque helps?

It could be because McLaren doesn’t have to reinforce the chassis because of the carbon tub and Ferrari doesn’t care that their convertibles flex like moist spaghetti? ��

Nevertheless that’s very interesting.

It was "super" ad personam. They had never done it before. I insisted on alcantara, when they finally gave in to do it they said, only in leather. Car arrived in alcantara. Since it has now been down, I am sure they will do it for you. Not sure if it delays car but since its not routine ad personam (I just checked) it might. I would just check with your dealer. It does look super cool though so I would say go for it. What color are you thinking?

well my dealer is your dealer so its probably the same lol ;)

1st choice is blue, 2nd is white.. keep you posted.. TY

maybe the McLaren carbon fiber monocoque helps?

Definitely, those monocoques are very rigid, the alloy chassis flex way too much.

I hope the Huracan replacement will use a carbon tub.

well my dealer is your dealer so its probably the same lol ;)

1st choice is blue, 2nd is white.. keep you posted.. TY

Top down with a screaming V10 = heaven! I can’t wait to see your spec.

No delay for this option according to my dealer. I'll be visiting the factory on Monday and the ad personam booth at the Geneva autoshow on Tuesday so I'll get 100% confirmation if this option will delay production.

Btw if anyone is curious, Lambo charged me $2k CDN for the dash stripe.

No delay for this option according to my dealer. I'll be visiting the factory on Monday and the ad personam booth at the Geneva autoshow on Tuesday so I'll get 100% confirmation if this option will delay production.

Btw if anyone is curious, Lambo charged me $2k CDN for the dash stripe.

good info!

I thought that was a coupe until I read your description, that does look cool, can you request the canvas to match the main body color?

Performante looks so much cleaner without the Italian flag stripe.

I thought that was a coupe until I read your description, that does look cool, can you request the canvas to match the main body color?

Performante looks so much cleaner without the Italian flag stripe.

To be honest, I highly doubt you'll be able to order the canvas roof in anything else but black, red, or brown ... but it would be interesting to convince them to color code it in Ad Personam ... who knows how much they would charge for that :icon_mrgreen:

But you can do it in my configurator : http://www.lambocars.com/configurator/lamb...aa0agaaaaa.html

To be honest, I highly doubt you'll be able to order the canvas roof in anything else but black, red, or brown ... but it would be interesting to convince them to color code it in Ad Personam ... who knows how much they would charge for that :icon_mrgreen:

But you can do it in my configurator : http://www.lambocars.com/configurator/lamb...aa0agaaaaa.html

I think it's also available in dark blue but obviously that's not too far off from black either.

A sneak preview ...

verde_hydra_spyder.jpg

Verde Hydra with color coded canvas roof ... looks interesting ...

Very cool Love your website. How do I get the black stripe rather than tricolore Italian flag, on your configurator. I can't find it.

Very cool Love your website. How do I get the black stripe rather than tricolore Italian flag, on your configurator. I can't find it.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

As for the black stripe ... it's on the 'Wraps and Decals' tab, you can change it to several shades ... just to have a choice.

• 2 weeks later...