Exotic Motors Corp - Miami

737Drvr

Good Evening everyone. I’m looking into a car (911 GT3) at Exotic Motors. Wondering if our south Florida residents or others have any experience or knowledge about this dealership. From what I can tell, they have high quality inventory. The car I’m interested in I’ll post more about in the Porsche section. Thanks in advance for any help.

Good Evening everyone. I’m looking into a car (911 GT3) at Exotic Motors. Wondering if our south Florida residents or others have any experience or knowledge about this dealership. From what I can tell, they have high quality inventory. The car I’m interested in I’ll post more about in the Porsche section. Thanks in advance for any help.

I nearly bought a Carrera GT from them once, but the owner ran it into the interstate guardrail on the way to Champion for a pdi instead. I’m not sure I would go back.

I nearly bought a Carrera GT from them once, but the owner ran it into the interstate guardrail on the way to Champion for a pdi instead. I’m not sure I would go back.

Different company, that has been out of business since 2011. That was an incredible story and the dealer actually was driving a consigned car. Turned into a very long and drawn-out lawsuit.

I looked-up and found an Exotic Motors near Dadeland. Don't know anything about them but there is a tremendous amount of scumbaggery in the South Florida car business (throughout all facets) and I'm very pleasantly surprised when I witness honesty and decency within it from someone that I did not previously know.

That-stated, I've always maintained that you buy the car, not the dealer. So if there's a special/unique car and on-paper it looks good - go ahead and pursue it (PPI) no matter what the reviews are of the seller. Even truly deviant dealers get decent/legit cars sometimes and after the deal you'll likely never have anything to do with them again. So if you've found a car that otherwise looks good - definitely get the PPI and don't be concerned about the seller.

Good luck.

P.S. I'm building an old Cadillac and found a 2,400 mile barn-find in Michigan last year that was the perfect base. The selling dealer had about the worst reputation I've ever heard of for someone still in business though he was retiring that year. His reputation was so bad that people who knew him warned me not to pay unless I had the title in-hand and was removing the vehicle immediately. This guy actually did time for tinkering with mileage and flat-out theft. He'd sell cars multiple times, etc.

It was a pain; I had to go there to upstate Michigan and line-up a flatbed to immediately haul it away and then to store it down in Detroit til I could get it transported.

Moral:

If you want it, you will find a way.

If-not, you'll find an excuse.

Car looks solid. Do you know how much over Mrsp they are asking? There is alot of manual cars on the market currently so you have alot to choose from.

• 2 months later...

It took a while for me to put this together. This place always had good inventory, no stories, nice cars at the upper end of the price spectrum. Also, good location on US1 in Ftl then all of a sudden they closed up shop and presumably moved to miami to work out of a warehouse or a residence.

I had an attorney contact me today involving an admiralty law case that was in the news recently and it turns out the guy who owns the dealership in question is this guy who just got arrested...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr/charte...-resulted-death

I would suggest people interested in whatever cars they may have to proceed very carefully as the poor guy who died's estate will likely own all of this clowns assets in short order.

It took a while for me to put this together. This place always had good inventory, no stories, nice cars at the upper end of the price spectrum. Also, good location on US1 in Ftl then all of a sudden they closed up shop and presumably moved to miami to work out of a warehouse or a residence.

I had an attorney contact me today involving an admiralty law case that was in the news recently and it turns out the guy who owns the dealership in question is this guy who just got arrested...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr/charte...-resulted-death

I would suggest people interested in whatever cars they may have to proceed very carefully as the poor guy who died's estate will likely own all of this clowns assets in short order.

That's a hell of a way to die

Crazy world we live in. The car I was looking at is still on their website. It looks to be a nice GT3 but I’ve been waiting the market out as I’m not a huge fan of paying over MSRP. Thanks for sharing that information abolfaz.

Great memory.

And that federal arrest reads like an episode of E!

Who says the era of the scam artist died in the 80's? Filming your captain snorting blow! JERRY! JERRY!

A friend of mine was friends with the person that was killed by the propelers. I have a direct view of Monument Island and I was on my balcony enjoying Easter Day when this happened. I didn't see or hear anything but a few weeks later my friend was telling me the story and now here it is in print.