Underground Racing 259.67 pass (( 1320 VIDEO ))

Thank you 1320 for the great coverage and video of the Pikes Peak Colorado event this past weekend where we broke the standing 1/2 mile World record, again.

Great driving by KC Howeth and thanks to our entire Underground Racing team, including Proline Race engines, Precision Turbo, Harry Hruska at HPL, John Reed Racing (MoTeC), and car owner Mohammad of Drag965.

The biggest thing I take away from the video is the street/race car difference.

Of course both cars are fast. The Huracan is however a street car. Has AC, a full interior, and some added safety equipment.

The GTR was stripped. Bare bones. No headliner, no panels, no headlights, taped up edges. Aftermarket panels like the trunk lid etc.

Time and time again, to say I am part of the UGR team is amazing. So proud to know that I am with the best of the best, racing street cars, and breaking records.

Huge congrats to KC, Kevin, and the entire crew.

KC, You drove the wheels off that thing. Can't wait to see what is next.

Mike

How often do you guys change out the tires when making 250+ mph passes?

I’d imagine at least every event.

Underground Racing is probably NC biggest single customer of Toyo tires haha. I think the R888 has been the best choice for a street application they have had since they started building twin turbo lamborghinis. They have tried some hoosier 18inch radials for the quarter mile and TX2K as well as TI lately. Also a Nitto NT05R für the DCT version.

But for high speed runs like 260+ i would only trust the R888R's. They have a speed rating for over 186mph+, a very stiff side wall and good experience with them. I would not neccesarily swap them after each event. A half mile run only takes 12-14 seconds and barely changes anything grip or tread wise. Its a solid tire. Im sure they check pressure and condition of the tire thoroughly before these events though for optimal safety and traction.

I do believe however the high HP DCT builds will become more popular. UGR will also get some good 1/4 mile competiton from heffner and others. Then their own clients might want to switch from the sequential to the DCT transmission and start drag racing.

Half mile events seem super fun. However where is this going to end? 270? 280? 300? Its pretty crazy right now already. And as Kevin has said they can prove all they need to in the half mile compared to a full mile. My gut tells me that this will change to "we can prove everything in the 1/4 now". 3000whp+ is easily enough to go 220mph with a mid 6second time with a perfect run. What more do you want? That is my future prediction

Hell, put a 15inch tire in the rear, some twin 88s or 91s, boost at 60-70 psi and run a 5 second pass and embarrass the GTR world forever

How often do you guys change out the tires when making 250+ mph passes?

I’d imagine at least every event.

I change mine every event. Just my personal preference.

Mike

The biggest thing I take away from the video is the street/race car difference.

Of course both cars are fast. The Huracan is however a street car. Has AC, a full interior, and some added safety equipment.

The GTR was stripped. Bare bones. No headliner, no panels, no headlights, taped up edges. Aftermarket panels like the trunk lid etc.

Time and time again, to say I am part of the UGR team is amazing. So proud to know that I am with the best of the best, racing street cars, and breaking records.

Huge congrats to KC, Kevin, and the entire crew.

KC, You drove the wheels off that thing. Can't wait to see what is next.

Mike

Until I saw the interior shot of the ETS GTR I didn't quite appreciate just how far some of the GTRs go to have a chance to compete. It has been said by plenty of people, what the UGR cars do with full interiors is nothing short of amazing.

The Yellow Huracan and the ETS gtr are the only cars to go 250 or over. No one else is close.

Just haven’t seen a car that can perform at this level and still be ready to go for more. Really wanted to see you guys test the 2500hp DCT Huracan at this event :(

Great video guys, well done on the achievements.

When will you guys be posting your own videos again? last vid on the UR channel on youtube is 6 months ago :(