previous FAMOUS owners of your cars

MANG

I know we have the 'gay' Forbes car, lol!, but anyone else own anything once owned by celebrity's or famous folks?

I once owned baseball pitching great Vida Blue's Maserati Khamsin...kinda boring, automatic, white with black, yawn, but still a cool car overall :icon_super:

sorry Kev, didn't mean to swipe your thread, just a different 'twist' on the same :)

post-9329-1247449667_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ironically I tried on Tom Brady's Audemars Piguet T3 ROO today. I tried to smell Giselle on it, no luck. :icon_mrgreen:

According to a member on here who is a previous owner of the diablo i just bought...it was owned by Charlie Sheen at one time

Does anybody believe that passed owners lend to higher resales?

I mean, does Forbes separate my Diablo enough to make this a known car, and therefore require a premium?

Ray Durham (Pro Baseball) owned my old 6.0 and I also hear that Brittany Spears sat in it with K-Fed. (No shittin!) I made sure to wipe the seats down with Billy May's OXYCLEAN.

Does anybody believe that passed owners lend to higher resales?

I mean, does Forbes separate my Diablo enough to make this a known car, and therefore require a premium?

I think in most cases it does not help but can actually hurt. I would not personally want an car from most of the famous stars or athletes today...

That being said there are several examples of past famous people where it can bring a nice premium. Looking at Steve McQueens F-car, many of Carol Shelbys original cars, Elvis, Jay Leno sold several over the years, Frank Sinatra, Mae West, even Nicolas Cage to a certain degree, etc. Where the car meets some of the legends I do think it can add some significance...

I use Jay Leno as an example today - we all know him as a huge car guy and famous of course... Today selling one of his car would sell at a little bit of a premium over a like model of someone elses. Maybe because we all know how great of shape he keeps his cars and maybe a little based on fame. Fast forward 40 years - if he is more legend status (like say Steve McQueen) - that is when it does add significant value due to found memories, more legendary stories, etc.

Yours I do think it does add some value with the history of ownership and how it was spec'd, color combo, etc. I think as time passes maybe even more so - some of the cars today that are more common productions it will take many years to become legends or famous - so I think in 10+ years the significance of your car could be even more value above the standard diablo.

Ray Durham (Pro Baseball) owned my old 6.0 and I also hear that Brittany Spears sat in it with K-Fed. (No shittin!) I made sure to wipe the seats down with Billy May's OXYCLEAN.

:lol2:

According to a member on here who is a previous owner of the diablo i just bought...it was owned by Charlie Sheen at one time

Dude Sheen skeeted on many chicks in that car! He was a pimp back in the day!

A while ago my Dad bought a very clean SL500 that was ex Sultan of Brunei, does that count?

i had a Viper GTS coupe about 9yrs ago that was supposedly owned by Justin Timberlake (atleast thats what Lambo Ohio told me, Ron Frost)

A while ago my Dad bought a very clean SL500 that was ex Sultan of Brunei, does that count?

That's pretty cool. I'll bet the 'lowly' sl500 wasn't touched by the Sultan though." Some of the collection cars are used by government officials.

I had a T/R, that was originally owned by the wife, of the CEO of Nike Shoes. ...you asked !