Wow 97 911 Turbo S

Tara

A friend of mine recently paid $60K for a pristine, manual 993 911 with 10K miles, but this is insane. I wish people would stop pushing the envelope for these car's prices. I've been to Park Place in Bellevue and they have a great store and inventory, but I'm kind of disappointed to see this from them, unless they're trying to sell it at someone else's request. While I know this car will never get the asking price, it ruins the market when people keep trying to see how much money they can get out of these purely for profit and then true enthusiasts can't afford these cars. Then they sit and sit and sit and never get driven again to their true potential.

Incredible spec. And this is a 993 Turbo S. Ive seen insane prices on these recently due to how rare the S are. But this is obscene. I love cobalt blue. But I thought the people asking $500,000 for these 993's were out of their minds....

Incredible spec. And this is a 993 Turbo S. Ive seen insane prices on these recently due to how rare the S are. But this is obscene. I love cobalt blue. But I thought the people asking $500,000 for these 993's were out of their minds....

Oops my mistake, I'm not well versed in Porsche numbers :lol:

If you look on DuPont and Jameslist, there are a handful of them. It almost seems that the owners are starting to sell them because they see what kind of money they can ultimately command for them.

Im guessing that's why everyone is jumping off the wagon witht he Turbo S. There were only like 100 of them produced (not sure the real number) for the US market. You can tell the S from the side because they have the PCCB brakes and the intake in the rear quarter. Beautiful cars, but I just cant seem them being worth 3/4 of a mil. Cool, but not THAT cool...

Those wheels body matched look terrible too.
:iamwithstupid:

And not a fan of the seat backs painted yellow. Very distracting. IMO seats and wheels take away from an otherwise good looking car.

There were only like 100 of them produced (not sure the real number) for the US market.

345 worldwide, 182 For N America (US, Canada, Mexico)

You'd have to have rocks in your head to pay that much for it, then again there are many people with rocks in their head.

:iamwithstupid:

Crack is a wonderful drug. For that asking price, they could at least get rid of the terrible looking wheels and bring them back to stock

Im guessing that's why everyone is jumping off the wagon witht he Turbo S. There were only like 100 of them produced (not sure the real number) for the US market. You can tell the S from the side because they have the PCCB brakes and the intake in the rear quarter. Beautiful cars, but I just cant seem them being worth 3/4 of a mil. Cool, but not THAT cool...

Despite the yellow callipers, the brakes on the 993 Turbo S are not ceramics.

As mentioned, there were 182 cars for N. America.

There are several other 993 Turbo S with similar (or better) mileage for $300k less. Frankly, the 993 Turbo / S isn't that rare and the prices are way out of line. At the price on the PP car, you're starting to talk about some legitimately rare 911s...

Imho 993 Carrera 2 without any extra spoilers, lips or vents looks most pure and timeless. I would go for one of those if I was buying.

That's just insane! What are these guys smoking? And yup, those wheels and seat backs are simply terrible.

:iamwithstupid: It's Park Place... Take any price there, and pull at least 10% off. Their pricing is designed to catch out the Microsofties that haven't done their research. The Turbo S money is just insane though. That may be a consignment ask...

A friend of mine recently paid $60K for a pristine, manual 993 911 with 10K miles, but this is insane. I wish people would stop pushing the envelope for these car's prices. I've been to Park Place in Bellevue and they have a great store and inventory, but I'm kind of disappointed to see this from them, unless they're trying to sell it at someone else's request. While I know this car will never get the asking price, it ruins the market when people keep trying to see how much money they can get out of these purely for profit and then true enthusiasts can't afford these cars. Then they sit and sit and sit and never get driven again to their true potential.

Couldn't disagree more. The market is what the market is. I HATE when people talk about the true enthusiast because it sounds just like entitlement culture. "Oh I love this more than you but I cann't afford it becasue you have more money.". It's like the same people on jalopnik that complain about ever car not being a brown turbodiesel manual wagon then when it comes time for them to spend their money they buh a base Chevy spark.

I am a Lambo fan. If I was an enthusiast I would put my money where my mouth was and buy one.

That being said I do hate seeing them sit and not being driven but that is what it is. It's the same as collecting art and putting it in your house. It's only for your enjoyment rather than the public's but again..your money your choice.

Now I do think that price is high but if the market bears it then it obviously isn't. Color is awesome but the seat backs are blah. Wheels are OK but would look better stock.

• 11 months later...

the 993 turbo s is a fantastic and rare car, but i think this is taking it a bit far.

The air cooled car prices IMO are not sustainable and surely will correct next time the market does?