Will Aventador Owners Ever Decide to Convert to RWD?

IanMan

A topic that has rarely been discussed-I'm wondering when and if any Aventador owners will look into converting their cars to RWD. I remember with the Murcielago, it seemed like a little bit before people moved towards modifying their cars more and trying new things. That said, it's very common to see Murcielagos and Gallardos that have been non-permanently modified to be RWD. I know that Oakley Design has converted a few Aventadors to RWD and I'm wondering IF and WHEN any Aventador owners or future Aventador owners will try the same. I know some higher ups at the factory have made comments about "too much horsepower" or "too crazy a car" so to speak when referring to why the Aventador had to be RWD, but I'm not buying any of it. There are cars like the new 812 superfast with more HP and that's RWD. Thoughts?

Interesting topic, lets see what the experts here have to say. If the Aventador AWD system is not complicated like the Murcie than I don't see why it can't be done. However I think most won't do it because of insurance purpose should anything were to happen

• 2 weeks later...

I was under an LP700 years ago, saw all the sensors in the hubs and decided not to spend time on it. But if someone wants 2WD, I would be glad to spend some time with a car and see what's needed for the conversion.

I was under an LP700 years ago, saw all the sensors in the hubs and decided not to spend time on it. But if someone wants 2WD, I would be glad to spend some time with a car and see what's needed for the conversion.

I figured there had to be a lot of telemetry in the Aventador.

I will page you when I can afford one. :)

The main reason is that the Aventador is setup specifically to be AWD...so if you're going to do an RWD conversion, which is trickier than the doing it on the Murci, you're going to have to tweak a a few other things. The Aventador is already at 70% RWD, so unless you really want to save a few pounds it's not going to be worth the trouble to convert it.

I think you can easily save a good 120 pounds which is what I saved on my Murcie when I did the conversion for awhile. The propshaft itself weighs a ton.