Texas Bull Run

Speed Demon

An event called the Texas Bull Run was held in Austin, Texas last weekend centered around a day at the Circuit of the Americas. These are a few iPhone photos and videos from the event. #2 is my 50th Anniversary Roadster

looks like an epic time and the car... Perfection

I don't understand how you guys enjoy these runs. Wanna go for a drive, take a day with a few good friends and improvise the drivings roads and final destination. It will always be better than hang around a bunch of people you don't know whose sole purpose of being there is to show off.

I look at all these runs as organised show off parties, look at me and my car. I have been on 1 run, hated it and can say that will never do another run again.

Congrats on the 50th and nice pics! Track days are always fun you can push your car more than you can on the streets and meet other owners.

We used to do a lot of Lambo runs back in the day in OC but to do the same runs today it is like pulling teeth. Schedule conflicts and the lack of motivated owners compared to back in the day are challenging. I can only imagine a lack of owners in Texas for their particular area to setup such a run. Eliott always coordinated things back then for us, it does take alot of time and effort. I truly miss those days, we had alot of fun!

How many Lambos showed up? I go to Texas alot for business might consider shipping mine out for the next event.

I don't understand how you guys enjoy these runs. Wanna go for a drive, take a day with a few good friends and improvise the drivings roads and final destination. It will always be better than hang around a bunch of people you don't know whose sole purpose of being there is to show off.

I look at all these runs as organised show off parties, look at me and my car. I have been on 1 run, hated it and can say that will never do another run again.

And you call me negative? :shock: :lol2:

looks like an epic time and the car... Perfection
Thank you TeamSalamone! The event was indeed epic and thoroughly enjoyable! Would love to see you at the next one!

I am not sure you understand what this event is! It is far from "show off your Lamborghini" This is an event put up by the Lamborghini Club of Texas. This is my 4th year attending this annual event. I know most that show up and it is a first rate event. Most importantly, this is for people that like driving on the track (not a Sunday drive by any means). It is put on in conjunction with Drivers Edge, a serious track driving event organizer with qualified track instructors. It is a stunning event because you get to drive and explore the limits of your high performance cars in a safe and controlled environment instead of doing 150 MPH on public streets. COTA is the only purpose built F1 track in the Americas and is considered one of the best in the world. The driving experience of your Lamborghini on the COTA track is an extraordinary experience!

Congrats on the 50th and nice pics! Track days are always fun you can push your car more than you can on the streets and meet other owners.

We used to do a lot of Lambo runs back in the day in OC but to do the same runs today it is like pulling teeth. Schedule conflicts and the lack of motivated owners compared to back in the day are challenging. I can only imagine a lack of owners in Texas for their particular area to setup such a run. Eliott always coordinated things back then for us, it does take alot of time and effort. I truly miss those days, we had alot of fun!

How many Lambos showed up? I go to Texas alot for business might consider shipping mine out for the next event.

Thanks Camel Toe! It was indeed thoroughly enjoyable. I would estimate about 50-60 cars showed up for this year's event (mostly Lamborghini Club of Texas members) but there were others from all over the surrounding states. It was thoroughly enjoyable as most of us knew each other from doing this annual event since COTA opened.

And you call me negative? :shock: :lol2:
:eusa_naughty:

Kreissieg is sounding awesome!
Thank you, I appreciate it! I have a Harry's lap timer videos of complete laps but cannot upload them as they are too big!

Saw your car at Lambo Dallas getting prepped for the COTA event while I was looking at an LP640. Beautiful ride man. Glad you enjoyed the track.

Lived in Austin for 15 years...love that place though its changing some

This is an event put up by the Lamborghini Club of Texas.

Minor correction. This WAS a Lamborghini Club of Texas event. The one this year was not.

You didn't like the 50th in Italy?

You didn't like the 50th in Italy?

It is not the same thing. Usually, it is a mutual masturbation fest and people standing around talking ad nauseum about their cars. The 50th was a fabulous event and I had a great time.

Going back to the OP, I can see the attraction to the event, driving the cars around COT is definitely a good time . I personally don't take street cars to the track anymore but in North America, it is the only way you can get to enjoy your car's performance without hassles and the controlled environment makes it about as safe as possible.

I really enjoy taking the car to the track participating in Cars & Coffee type events it's akin to Chinese torture to me, I can not deal with the attention, I've done it once and honestly I had the worse time imaginable, I will never do it again.

Arguably driving by yourself is more of a show off move than going for a drive with a group of similar cars. I've seen many people feel like they own the world and are some sort of gods because they drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini, only to show up to an event and see they're just one of many. Some never come back because they don't feel as special driving anymore, others absolutely love it and slowly stop even taking their cars out unless there's an event/drive etc. It's undeniable that just like any other social situation you'll meet people you get along with and other who you won't like very much, people are people, to each their own. I know I'll have a great time away from icey NY at the showoff party BullFest Miami this weekend, will hang with great friends of many years, catch up with some I haven't seen in a while and make some new ones. Not everyday you see 55 Lamborghinis together, for some it's exciting, for other not so much. Everyone enjoys their hobbies their own way...

Arguably driving by yourself is more of a show off move than going for a drive with a group of similar cars. I've seen many people feel like they own the world and are some sort of gods because they drive a Ferrari or Lamborghini, only to show up to an event and see they're just one of many. Some never come back because they don't feel as special driving anymore, others absolutely love it and slowly stop even taking their cars out unless there's an event/drive etc. It's undeniable that just like any other social situation you'll meet people you get along with and other who you won't like very much, people are people, to each their own. I know I'll have a great time away from icey NY at the showoff party BullFest Miami this weekend, will hang with great friends of many years, catch up with some I haven't seen in a while and make some new ones. Not everyday you see 55 Lamborghinis together, for some it's exciting, for other not so much. Everyone enjoys their hobbies their own way...

The opinion you convey in your first sentence is so flawed it makes me laugh. The rest of your post has some valid points but I can see that we will never see eye to eye and I will leave it a that. Enjoy your showoff party in Miami, I am sure there will be plenty of mooches and a few gods in the crowd.

The opinion you convey in your first sentence is so flawed it makes me laugh. The rest of your post has some valid points but I can see that we will never see eye to eye and I will leave it a that. Enjoy your showoff party in Miami, I am sure there will be plenty of mooches and a few gods in the crowd.

Have a nice weekend as well.

Speed Demon I was there as well. It was a great event. This was not a club event this year. It was just a group of guys who enjoy their cars and like to be around other car people (like this forum). It is a great social event where I can meet new friends. The track gives me a chance to push my car to the limits I feel comfortable with in a safe manner rather than doing it on the streets where others may get hurt. I feel it made me a better driver on the streets knowing how my car handles .

Btw, beautiful car and the perfect color.

post-21505-1425070088_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Speed Demon I was there as well. It was a great event. This was not a club event this year. It was just a group of guys who enjoy their cars and like to be around other car people (like this forum). It is a great social event where I can meet new friends. The track gives me a chance to push my car to the limits I feel comfortable with in a safe manner rather than doing it on the streets where others may get hurt. I feel it made me a better driver on the streets knowing how my car handles .

Btw, beautiful car and the perfect color.

Thank you gemlender! I recognize your car from the event photos but sorry I did not get to meet you in person. Next time!

Thought I will share a couple of more videos... This is me chasing a McLaren MP4 12C at the same event in my Porsche 991 GT3

This is a video taken by a spectator of my 50th going down the COTA front straight a few times...

Some of the most fun Ive had on the road involved four cars going out for a spur of the moment type thing.

Organized runs? Either chaotic to the point of being scary or just a parade. Yawn.

Thumbs up for heading to a track, though. Thats a big plus.

Usually, it is a mutual masturbation fest and people standing around talking ad nauseum about their cars.

And your point is? :eusa_think:

• 2 weeks later...