Ferrari F12 TDF

Chin.Up

I saw the car about 4 weeks ago in Maranello. It looks a lot less imposing/menacing in real than on the pictures. I still love it. To get 780hp out of a naturally aspirated V12, with the full Ferrari warranty etc = EPIC! It will be amazing to drive, as it has a normal amount of torque 705nm and amazing balance (as did the F12). If I won the big Euromillions, this would be my everyday car.

Its very fussy for a Ferrari though, so those who usually prefer Ferraris over the extreme looking Lamborghinis should hate this F12TdF, but as usual Ferrari fanboys will just love it because it has a donkey on the front...

I don't know what it is about Ferrari, but I feel like the teaser images they release of their cars have oversized wheels and no wheel gap and spacers perhaps to make the car look more imposing with a better stance. Once the real thing comes out they never seem to look as good (ie the 488gtb). The pictures of this car behind the factory make the wheels look much smaller and unproportional.

Ferrari+F12+GTOopen.jpg

The name alone kills it for me. TDF - garners its name from the Tour de France endurance races from the 60s/70s that Ferrari partook in. Ferrari is still living off their twilight years when they ruled the supercar market.

They moved the uterus from the back to the front.

I came for the hot takes and was not disappointed. I will give the donkey this...I bet that engine is PHENOMENAL.

• 1 month later...
770HP is awesome, too bad it's front engine and looks like a corvette....

The F12 came out about 18 months before the Corvette, so shame on GM for copying Ferrari.

The F12 came out about 18 months before the Corvette, so shame on GM for copying Ferrari.

Plus IRL it looks nothing like a corvette and nothing short of pure sexy.

• 3 weeks later...

Been reading up on the details of this car and frankly it is a beast.

Wider front tyres than the rears, lots of electronics, we are now at the eurofighter stage where a product is designed to be awkward and the onboard systems adjust it to work.

Been reading up on the details of this car and frankly it is a beast.

Wider front tyres than the rears, lots of electronics, we are now at the eurofighter stage where a product is designed to be awkward and the onboard systems adjust it to work.

Looks awfully busy to me. Will reserve judgment until I see it in real life.

I didn't have volume watching the video because im at the office...but are the front tires really wider? That seems like it would look just akward to me. And have any other cars ever done that? or is this the first to use the tactic of a wider front trac?

saw one in person a few weeks ago in dubai and honestly thought it was a Plastic mess-06 for a split second.

Incredibly underwhelming.

saw one in person a few weeks ago in dubai and honestly thought it was a Plastic mess-06 for a split second.

Incredibly underwhelming.

There is a place for people like you. It is called the opticians.

To be brutally honest no new Ferraris really do it for me though.

The FF has a quirky coolness to it but its definitely not a looker but the TDF just was way to much busyness on an already busy base design.