2010 Gallardo radio/nav head unit

Andrew R.

I have had about enough with the oem radio/nav system... an improvement needs to be made. But, I feel strongly about not modding my own cars unless VERY tasteful and not ruining the image of the car. (or value for that matter)

So, what options do I have? Is the head unit any better in the Gallardos after 2010? (maybe I could swap to a later model unit)

Do I replace the head unit with a modern Alpine, and just save all the old parts and keep them in the garage? This is the unit I am thinking about:

https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/apple-c...id-auto-ilx-207

No CD player which feels weird at first and like I need it for some reason... but I have not listened to a CD in the car in years! lol

(Alpine is my choice because it has been an OEM choice for Lamborghini in years past... but yes, I know it's still not original)

Good question.

Want:

-play media from my phone

-better sound (the speakers in the door are junk)

-all while keeping the look classy and not super mod'd (in my 06 Murci, I updated the single DIN unit to the LP640 double DIN unit.. which was still in good taste and gave a nice upgrade!)

Would be a bonus:

-a sharper backup cam (but the oem cam would be compatible with a new head unit)