Mercedes G 4x4 squared

Plastique999

Wife has a G63 and now wants to upgrade to the G4x4 squares. Thing looks beastly and impractical but looks badass. Crazy markups on these cars as well. Is it daily driveable? Parking looks challenging.

Anyone own one? Thoughts?

I have one and love it. The suspension is way softer than a G55 or G63. Yes it is wider but now it’s the same width as a normal vehicle. I have 6,000km and drive it a fair bit. The only thing that could get old is jumping in and out of it, get some electric steps!

I have one and love it. The suspension is way softer than a G55 or G63. Yes it is wider but now it’s the same width as a normal vehicle. I have 6,000km and drive it a fair bit. The only thing that could get old is jumping in and out of it, get some electric steps!

Thanks Ry!

Yes interesting many say drivability is smoother than the G63.

I imagine parking may be challenging.

Question, can the electric steps be added on afterwards?

Thanks Ry!

I'm sure steps can be added after. I have AMP research electric steps on my lifted tundra but not sure who makes them for the squared...maybe Brabus. I wouldn't plan on attempting any parking garages...my tundra is probably similar height and width and I don't even bother if I know I'm going somewhere with garage parking. Sometimes the first level is doable but it's a gamble.

I'm sure steps can be added after. I have AMP research electric steps on my lifted tundra but not sure who makes them for the squared...maybe Brabus. I wouldn't plan on attempting any parking garages...my tundra is probably similar height and width and I don't even bother if I know I'm going somewhere with garage parking. Sometimes the first level is doable but it's a gamble.

I actually really wanted one as well but this concerned me a lot since we live in LA. That and I don't think a standard garage door even works for parking this thing inside so I'd be really interested to hear how most people store them.

I actually really wanted one as well but this concerned me a lot since we live in LA. That and I don't think a standard garage door even works for parking this thing inside so I'd be really interested to hear how most people store them.

I would think getting in and out after a while would be a real pain in the ass even with a step, especially in the rear seats.

Thanks Ry!

Electric steps do not come standard so you have to buy aftermarket ones. It’s a must if your short.

It’s just under 8’ so parking garages don’t work or older attached garage doors. I live in a town that does not have many parking garages so I’m golden!

Thanks!

Looks like AMP is located in Newport Beach, not too far.

I’m definitely going to give them a holler.

I laughed thinking about how my wife would climb up into this thing in a dress on her way to work.

As far as parking at home, we’d probably just park it on our driveway. I have 2 very tall garages but they are filled and one has a lift.

I was the one who was thinking of building a greenhouse for a “garage” but my city is too strict. I have even thought of converting storage containers into a garage.

I would love to trade my G65 for one, but I wont pay the ridiculous premium. Is it even possible to get one at MSRP?

I would love to trade my G65 for one, but I wont pay the ridiculous premium. Is it even possible to get one at MSRP?

Yea the market is absolutely insane on these cars. Both new and used, everyone is asking on average $30-50k over MSRP. I’ve contacted several places, may have found one close...

Yea the market is absolutely insane on these cars. Both new and used, everyone is asking on average $30-50k over MSRP. I’ve contacted several places, may have found one close...

That's so crazy. There's 21 4x4's for sale on eBay alone!

That's so crazy. There's 21 4x4's for sale on eBay alone!

Yea quite a few.... finally found one.

Picking it up tomorrow ....psyched!!!

Gonna steal it from the wife and off-road it

Yea quite a few.... finally found one.

Picking it up tomorrow ....psyched!!!

Gonna steal it from the wife and off-road it

I’ve been looking and every dealer wants $50k premium.

Let me know if AMP will make steps. The Brabus ones are stupid expensive

So I have talked to several people about the AMP electric steps. I first called AMP, and they do not make the steps for the G wagon. I think it may be due to the side exhaust. I then called another truck company and they said that part of the issue may be plugging the electrical system into the OBD. So I don’t think AMP or certain companies have the software for Mercedes. This should be a relatively easy process. AMP steps are only $1200 and Brabus up charges $9500 which is ridiculous

Great job plastique999 I hope your wife will enjoy it in the best of health.

I am new to the word of G wagon, I’ve been trying for months to find an allocation for the new G 63 for my wife, everything is sold out until late next year.

I had no idea they are so popular, I’ve never considered one and I’ve never even looked at one, my wife recently told me it’s her favorite car ever, the strange thing is that she’s not into cars at all but she says the the G wagon is them best looking car she’s ever seen, not sure if I should laugh or cry since the SV was literally sitting in our living room for more than one year LOL.

I have a lead on one which I will follow tomorrow, they are promising Oct 18 production with Dec 18 delivery, fingers crossed.

Great job plastique999 I hope your wife will enjoy it in the best of health.

I am new to the word of G wagon, I’ve been trying for months to find an allocation for the new G 63 for my wife, everything is sold out until late next year.

I had no idea they are so popular, I’ve never considered one and I’ve never even looked at one, my wife recently told me it’s her favorite car ever, the strange thing is that she’s not into cars at all but she says the the G wagon is them best looking car she’s ever seen, not sure if I should laugh or cry since the SV was literally sitting in our living room for more than one year LOL.

I have a lead on one which I will follow tomorrow, they are promising Oct 18 production with Dec 18 delivery, fingers crossed.

Thank you, yes, our wives are strange breeds. She was debating between an R8 and the G4x4. She loves her current G63 but I personally think it drives kinda shitty. The G has a strange cult following and it seems everyone’s wives drives them in Beverly Hills here in SoCal. The new G63 should drive a lot nicer with all of its updates.

I hope you get one soon, and I’m sure she will be ecstatic with it.

I suppose there is a utilitarian aspect for Mothers since it can fit a fair amount of storage - kind of like my wife carrying large purses for all of our kids’ stuff. We have four kids so there’s a lot of stuff. I only fear that my 4 year old won’t be able to get up in the G since it’s so damn high!

My only complaint on the G63 I had were the side pipes. My daughter about burnt her leg on them getting in and out. Hope they change that on the new one.

My only complaint on the G63 I had were the side pipes. My daughter about burnt her leg on them getting in and out. Hope they change that on the new one.

what about the fact that when you gunned it the front windshield damn near makes the front end float!

yeah I hope the new one is more practical, because my 17' G63 was not fun :( gets old real quick IMO.

I heard the squared was much better and the new model should be great!

Absolutely.