Teaser photo of XJ220s

LPDADDY

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it. The XJ220 is the most under appreciated supercar of all time. This blue looks incredible on the car! Do you mind if I ask what shop is completing the restoration?

Love it. The XJ220 is the most under appreciated supercar of all time. This blue looks incredible on the car! Do you mind if I ask what shop is completing the restoration?

:iamwithstupid:

I saw my first one in person not too long ago, man its got presence in person that doesn't come through in pictures.

It seems like so long ago you picked up this car.

Glad all is coming along nicely.

Perfection takes time :icon_thumleft:

I can't want to see it 100% complete, so for now, I will reserve judgement on your wheel choice jkjk :D

It is being restored at Lambo dealer in Toronto, they have the best mechanic in the city and only one I would trust to take on such a project .

The body shop has 900 hours in the car , it will have the best bodywork of any XJ220s as the body is kevlar . I haven't seen anything this straight , kudos to them , amazing work .

Motor should be back in by end of next week and then it will be minor details .

Hopefully on the road by mid may

That paint job is extraordinary.

Never have seen an XJ220 in person nor any pics of a privately owned example.

Look forward to the finished product!

It is being restored at Lambo dealer in Toronto, they have the best mechanic in the city and only one I would trust to take on such a project .

The body shop has 900 hours in the car , it will have the best bodywork of any XJ220s as the body is kevlar . I haven't seen anything this straight , kudos to them , amazing work .

Motor should be back in by end of next week and then it will be minor details .

Hopefully on the road by mid may

My birthday is in May, I like blue .... just sayin

My birthday is in May, I like blue .... just sayin

I wonder how close the colours are between dad's XJ220S and your SV?

I wonder how close the colours are between dad's XJ220S and your SV?

Read my mind. They are close. Looks great LPDADDY, good for you.

Never have seen an XJ220 in person nor any pics of a privately owned example.

They are beautiful, A few weeks ago in Beverly Hills a XJ220 was just driving around in the wild. I had to stop in my tracks and catch up to it. I don't think Ill see another in the wild again.

Also beautiful Blue, I can not wait to see the end results

They are beautiful, A few weeks ago in Beverly Hills a XJ220 was just driving around in the wild. I had to stop in my tracks and catch up to it. I don't think Ill see another in the wild again.

Also beautiful Blue, I can not wait to see the end results

Go to the Petersen museum. I've only ever seen 2 in my life and one was at the Petersen museum. I found myself staring at that car for 20 minutes to take in all of the details!

Go to the Petersen museum. I've only ever seen 2 in my life and one was at the Petersen museum. I found myself staring at that car for 20 minutes to take in all of the details!

Oh I live a few blocks away from there. And always stop by just to see the main room. I have yet to actually pay for a ticket for the whole place(which is crazy that I have't gone yet... for being a car freak). Sadly busy most of the time with School and Work. The lady would rather go to the Getty or LACMA when I do have free time. They just got rid of the Bugatti Chiron and other rare Bugattis. Was amazing seeing the Chiron up close face to face.

Also seeing a XJ220 in a show room/event is much different then actually seeing one driven in the wild. Here is the quick photos I could take.

Don't know why the images are sideways?

2hpj12x.jpg

6dxsig.jpg

That looks just like the one from the museum. Did you get a shot of the rear? There are only two XJ220's in that area in that color I can think of.

Oh I live a few blocks away from there. And always stop by just to see the main room. I have yet to actually pay for a ticket for the whole place(which is crazy that I have't gone yet... for being a car freak). Sadly busy most of the time with School and Work. The lady would rather go to the Getty or LACMA when I do have free time. They just got rid of the Bugatti Chiron and other rare Bugattis. Was amazing seeing the Chiron up close face to face.

Also seeing a XJ220 in a show room/event is much different then actually seeing one driven in the wild. Here is the quick photos I could take.

Don't know why the images are sideways?

2hpj12x.jpg

6dxsig.jpg

One of the 5 XJ220s cars , the red one , is at the Marconi museum .

The car is humongous yet weighs in at 2380lbs , I will take pics next to an Aventador when it is finished

That looks just like the one from the museum. Did you get a shot of the rear? There are only two XJ220's in that area in that color I can think of.

no I sadly didn't get a rear photo. I was on my bike trying to take photos. But it was on CA DLR plates.

Man it's been a long time coming. I'll be in and out of Toronto late March for a day so it will be too early. Next time I'm there for a few days I'll give you a buzz. Would love to check out the unicorn in person.

Congrats on the progress.

-Olivier

I hope I'm not hijacking your thread LPDaddy. Since we're all spreading the XJ220 love, I thought I'd share these from the Petersen museum. They had a bare carbon P1 and I didn't spend anywhere near that much time looking at that car, compared to the 220.

e64a0447_o.jpeg

bc3c287b_o.jpeg

9c8f3bed_o.jpeg

20be3637_o.jpeg

2fd75364_o.jpeg

d31c2eec_o.jpeg