Car Play

sprite

Is it possible to get car play split screen with the tachometer like you can with the old regular MMI interface? I didn't read manual yet but pressed a bunch of buttons and couldn't get Apple Carplay to do split screen.

Sprite, unfortunately you cannot. IN fact, in Corsa, you cannot even access the MMI--they want you to focus on "racecar driving." LOL

Sprite, unfortunately you cannot. IN fact, in Corsa, you cannot even access the MMI--they want you to focus on "racecar driving." LOL

so its either all car play on the screen or none?

so its either all car play on the screen or none?

From playing around with the 3 different modes, with Car Play

Strada: full tach, split screen, full MMI (traditional blue/red scheme)

Sport: full tach, split screen (orange scheme)

Corsa: full dash arc tach only, repeated pressing of any MMI buttons causes warning saying "No, can't do that"

Anecdotally this is much better behavior than the 580 I had, which I literally sold because I hated the interface so much. It would change modes seemingly at random, but in reality as some response to an input, but too many non-user and/or wireless inputs would change the screen without warning. The Performante is much better behaved in this regard.

From playing around with the 3 different modes, with Car Play

Strada: full tach, split screen, full MMI (traditional blue/red scheme)

Sport: full tach, split screen (orange scheme)

Corsa: full dash arc tach only, repeated pressing of any MMI buttons causes warning saying "No, can't do that"

Anecdotally this is much better behavior than the 580 I had, which I literally sold because I hated the interface so much. It would change modes seemingly at random, but in reality as some response to an input, but too many non-user and/or wireless inputs would change the screen without warning. The Performante is much better behaved in this regard.

good info.. so far my car hasn't seen strada lol. not in sport or corsa mode is like driving on 4 cylinders. ive never been in a car with such drastic changes of personalities with the click of a button.