Huracan TT and SC vs 720s....

FikseSTS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting embarrassing and really hurting our brand. One man with one car with one channel is single handedly dealing a serious blow to Lamborghini owners.

I'm kind of wanting him to stop now....

seriously? I'm a long time and current Lambo owner, I don't see what the big deal is...

It's getting embarrassing and really hurting our brand. One man with one car with one channel is single handedly dealing a serious blow to Lamborghini owners.

I'm kind of wanting him to stop now....

seriously? I'm a long time and current Lambo owner, I don't see what the big deal is...

Lambo needs to step up their game, that's all. They are basically the only ones left that are still making NA engines (Ferrari 812 aside) and the HP wars have gotten to the point where I suspect most don't want to buy a new lambo only to have their cousin link them a video of it getting beat left right and center by Teslas and Mclarens.

Lmao! I think he was being sarcastic? (Or I hope)

Amazing car!! Good kills, and KEEP the videos coming!! :icon_super:

LOL the 720s is just LAYIN IT DOWN on the Lambo's! But don't worry, a TT green Huracan will be joining in on the fun in FL soon. No offense to the Tampa TT car, but a proper UGR TT will lay it down on the 720s (as it should). Nick, if you are reading this, the whole LAMBORGHINI WORLD is counting on you to lay it down. So tell Brooks your are running the lowest pump gas setting 850 whp and crank her up to 1250 whp :)

Good vid as always Brooks.

Peter

Lambo needs to step up their game, that's all. They are basically the only ones left that are still making NA engines (Ferrari 812 aside) and the HP wars have gotten to the point where I suspect most don't want to buy a new lambo only to have their cousin link them a video of it getting beat left right and center by Teslas and Mclarens.

They eventually will and at that point I will have to find a good NA Lambo as a long term keeper, I don’t want Lamborghini to turbocharge their cars, there is no need for it as they are they are very fast cars, in some instances too fast for the road, you don’t want to always have to be in triple digits aka jail time territory before you have some fun, you should know that you live in Canada :icon_mrgreen: , that is why driving a GT4 is an extremely enjoyable experience, I enjoy driving mine as much as I enjoy driving the SV.

The McLaren is ridiculously fast so if you want something like that you just buy it, I like when different cars have different characters not everything has to match on every single parameter.

Also this type of street racing although very entertaining to watch isn’t a common occurrence in most parts of the world, it looks like it’s very popular in the US, they have the roads for it and perhaps friendlier cops, I’ve owned Lamborghinis for more than 10 years now and never took any to the drag strip, plenty of time to the race track.

The 720S is just insanely quick, love it. Should have mine in the next few weeks. I can't wait to make a few pulls with it against the Chiron.

Of course a "properly built" (ie. turned up to the appropriate power level) TT Huracan will walk a 720S, but we are talking about a factory stock car that can run into the 9's, probably run after run. And it can brake and turn too. Kudos to McLaren for building an awesome car.

The 720S is just insanely quick, love it. Should have mine in the next few weeks. I can't wait to make a few pulls with it against the Chiron.

That is the race I want to see, did you get your Chiron?

It arrived at JFK last night, currently going through customs. I should have it by the end of this week.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I can’t wait to see how you’ve specced it, that’s the ultimate car for me I dream of one almost weekly lol, I wish they made them RHD, I would love to own one :(

Can’t congratulate you enough :turboalex:

They eventually will and at that point I will have to find a good NA Lambo as a long term keeper, I don’t want Lamborghini to turbocharge their cars, there is no need for it as they are they are very fast cars, in some instances too fast for the road, you don’t want to always have to be in triple digits aka jail time territory before you have some fun, you should know that you live in Canada :icon_mrgreen: , that is why driving a GT4 is an extremely enjoyable experience, I enjoy driving mine as much as I enjoy driving the SV.

The McLaren is ridiculously fast so if you want something like that you just buy it, I like when different cars have different characters not everything has to match on every single parameter.

Also this type of street racing although very entertaining to watch isn’t a common occurrence in most parts of the world, it looks like it’s very popular in the US, they have the roads for it and perhaps friendlier cops, I’ve owned Lamborghinis for more than 10 years now and never took any to the drag strip, plenty of time to the race track.

Trust me I know lol and I agree with you. There's no other car I'd want right now than a Diablo or Murcielago with a gated shifter. Couldn't care less what's faster. But you either play the numbers game or you don't and as far as I see it. The problem is, Lambo dove in to play the numbers game with their Nurburgring times and now they gotta accept the handicap of trying to stick with NA engines.

It arrived at JFK last night, currently going through customs. I should have it by the end of this week.

woah woah woah... the most subtle bombshell in the whole damn internet.

That is threat worthy, not a casual response to something unrelated. :icon_super:

wow, congrats!!!!!

Trust me I know lol and I agree with you. There's no other car I'd want right now than a Diablo or Murcielago with a gated shifter. Couldn't care less what's faster. But you either play the numbers game or you don't and as far as I see it. The problem is, Lambo dove in to play the numbers game with their Nurburgring times and now they gotta accept the handicap of trying to stick with NA engines.

I agree but Lambo is doing extremely well on race tracks around the world and that's reason enough for them to be confident in their formula, it's always about the sum of all things, straight line acceleration is one of them ofcourse that's extremely exhilarating but that's not everything, test drive a Performante, it's the most exciting machine I've ever experienced in my entire life and it isn't fast in straight line when compared with the competition but I would take it (actually did) over anything offered in that bracket.

One thing I can say, we are living during the golden era of the automobile enjoy it while it last because it won't last for much longer, we will soon be overwhelmed by dishwashers on wheels looking for a power point with an extension cord in our hand LOL

woah woah woah... the most subtle bombshell in the whole damn internet.

That is threat worthy, not a casual response to something unrelated. :icon_super:

:iamwithstupid:

Fully agreed. This obsession with straight line drag racing is very much a USA phenomenon. Yes, all petrol heads have always loved stats and acceleration is a major one; but looks, and sound are definitely more important to my purchasing choices than outright speed. And the main reason for that is, speed limits have not changed, and sometimes even decreased since they were introduced!! Total madness. Even in my little Caterham 4cylinder, i'd go to jail in 4th gear. I'd go to jail upshifting into 2nd gear while driving my MurciSV. Hence pure acceleration is not the main thing that pulls at my heart strings.

And oh yes.... anyone who has driven a Performante knows, that the noise of that stock exhaust is to die for.

Additionally, let me add that on normal windy country roads, it is the driver that makes by far the biggest difference to whether who can follow or drive faster than the group. Hence I buy on pure emotion.

On that note, emotion, can make you buy the much lesser car.... as I contemplate the awesomeness of the new Z R 1 ..... !!! 766hp, 969nm, manual gearbox, targa roof panels. WOW. I would not be surprised if they have beaten the Porsche 991 GT2RS lap record at the Nordschleife.

LOL the 720s is just LAYIN IT DOWN on the Lambo's! But don't worry, a TT green Huracan will be joining in on the fun in FL soon. No offense to the Tampa TT car, but a proper UGR TT will lay it down on the 720s (as it should). Nick, if you are reading this, the whole LAMBORGHINI WORLD is counting on you to lay it down. So tell Brooks your are running the lowest pump gas setting 850 whp and crank her up to 1250 whp :)

Good vid as always Brooks.

Peter

I saw this minutes via text from Fikse after he posted it...can't believe the huracan gets pulled that hard. Maybe UGR really is the ones who have the clutch setup right. No other reason I can see for 800hp 3600lbs huracan to lose to a 3150lb mclaren at 700hp so badly when they have an equal HP to weight ratio.

Fikse always make the exciting real deal vids!!! great work.

Maybe we can arrange a lower hp level for a UGR car compared to this mclaren..hmmm

I saw this minutes via text from Fikse after he posted it...can't believe the huracan gets pulled that hard. Maybe UGR really is the ones who have the clutch setup right. No other reason I can see for 800hp 3600lbs huracan to lose to a 3150lb mclaren at 700hp so badly when they have an equal HP to weight ratio.

Fikse always make the exciting real deal vids!!! great work.

Maybe we can arrange a lower hp level for a UGR car compared to this mclaren..hmmm

I doubt the HP claim on the TT car, but regardless you are correct about the tranny as you can see it lose ground on every shift. Kevin has stated here before that getting the clutch setup right is tricky even for a bolt-on (I don't think UR will do a bolt-on and leave the tranny stock like this tuner did), and that there are a lot of poorly shifting TT cars out there.