UR stage 3 lambo wins 800 and 1000 metre sprint at Racewars 2017, Albany, Australia

Lamboperth

Hi Forum members,

Last weekend I drove my 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 egear Stage 3 UR from home in Perth Western Australia south down to Albany ~260 miles and then after the event drove it back home another 350 miles for a roundtrip of 610 miles.

At Albany, I competed in the Racewars 2017 event with some 150 cars competing. Most of the really high powered cars were trailered to the event.

The lambo ran well, a tribute to the UR engineering of my street car stage 3 with race heads.

As posted previously, the lambo had just returned from being driven to the Snowy Mountains 1000 event over east, a drive around Tasmania and drive back to Perth, covering a distance of 7,200 miles.

I must confess that before driving down to Albany, I did change the engine oil , front diff and reardiff/gearbox oil, air filters, installed a new set of spark plugs and set of Toyo R888R's all round.

At the race track, conditions were ok at 25 degC, other than headwind of 12-15 mph on both days!

Of the 150 cars competing, all from Western Australia, the majority were street cars running on pump gas or E85. I ran with VP MS109 - 1275rwhp.

On the Saturday 4th March, lambo ran the fastest 800 metre (half mile) roll on at 190mph from the 100 metre mark to the 800 metre mark.

On the Sunday, lambo ran the fastest 800 metre (half mile) standing start at 196 mph.

On Sunday, managed to squeak into first place in the standing start 1000 metres by 0.4 mph at 201.92 mph to be Grand Champion V max. As I am running oem gearing, I hit the rev limiter in 6th right after crossing the finishing line.

Also 1st awd, 1st turbo car and 1st greater than 8 cylinder class.

Everyone at the event was amazed at the reliability and consistent speeds and times the lambo ran in the 800 metres and the 1000 metres- 12 passes in all.

In the 1000 metre standing start event on Sunday afternoon, I made five passes at 201/200/202/201/200 mph.

Comments were made that the lambo had to be the fastest legal street car in Australia over 800 and 1000 metres.

Braking distance was ok but still a challenge and I am trying to convince the organisers of the event to switch to Vmax for 800 metres ( half mile) and drop the 1000 metres.

The lambo also attracted its fair share of admirers-see pics. I also must have had over the two days of the event a hundred kids sit in the drivers seat while in the pits.

This was the first time that the Racewars event was held in Albany. A very professionally run event and tribute to the organisers and volunteers. We only had to stop racing on the runway a couple of times to let a Royal Flying Doctor Medivac plane land.

If you want to kill time, you can also read about the event on the Racewars 2017 facebook

https://www.facebook.com/racewarsau/

There is a video of my 800 metre run on Saturday 4 March at 4 march 3:09pm post.

The lambo features at 5 March 6:22pm post and a video of one of my 1000 metre runs at 5 March 2:22pm post.

On the way back to Perth, youngest daughter Sarah visiting from UK, drove the lambo. She commented it was very fast ,but so easy to drive. As usual , once you had your fill of the lambo engine and tyres aural experience, we both donned noise cancelling headphones!!!

Again, the reliability, consistent performance and ease which the car can be driven as a street car is a tribute to the UR engineering of my stage 3 with race heads..

Love this car!

Enough rambling- level of competition was junior high school grade relative to WGF, TI, etc, but all good fun!!!

cheers,

john

ps more astute observers will see that I upgraded the front and rear bumpers with the factory oem upgrade Bumper Kit FL ii style package.-p/n OR9900005.

post-130322-1489073785.jpg

post-130322-1489073830_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1489073865_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1489074161_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1489074214_thumb.jpg

^^^ what he said

Props for getting out and putting the car through the paces it was built for! Very cool!!

John,

Congrats ... You are the man!!!

This is not a surprise to those of us who've been keeping an eye on you ...

Let's face it a podium spot last time out ... We knew you'd be on the top step of the podium soon ...

Keep the posts coming ... Can't wait to read about your next adventure ...

Great job. Did you upgrade the bumpers? They look fantastic in that color.

Hi DirtyD916,

Yes, I upgraded the front and rear bumpers with the factory oem upgrade Bumper Kit FL ii style package.-p/n OR9900005.

These are the front and rear bumpers on the last of the Gallardo LP560-4 - the 2014 model.

The front bumper is the same as the squadra corse model.- STS

My lambo dealer purchased the style pack kit from the factory for US$8,200

Factory would not sell bumpers separately as I originally only wanted to change the rear bumper.

Maybe other vendors can buy the rear and front separately.

The look of the front STS bumper is growing on me as doesn't look so 'busy' as the all body colour bumper and spoiler IMHO.

Local exotic car panel shop Lombardi Bros did a great job assembling, painting and fitting the front and rear bumpers. Once assembled, painted and installed, front and rear bumpers were a perfect fit.

If you buy the upgrade kit, warn the panel shop that it is an Ikea like flat pack and has to be assembled before installation, so very useful if the panel shop knows how the Gallardo front and rear bumpers go together :eusa_think:

The colour of my lambo is grigio lynx, paint code LZ7S.

With the gloss style pack, the front bumper spoiler lip is black as per the STS.

You can paint all the front bumper the body colour as well so looks very much like the attached pic

The paint match to the rest of the front of the car is pretty good, but in certain light angles you can see some difference. Not helped by the xpel film on the rest of the front, but not yet on the bumper. Always hard to match metallic paints of different ages.

Of course, to the average bystander, they cant tell the difference between a pre-LP, LP and 2014 LP.

Apologies for the ramble.

cheers,

john

post-130322-1489116577.png

post-130322-1489116782_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1489116919_thumb.jpg

post-130322-1489116959_thumb.jpg

Hello John,

Congratulations! You are killing it!

I really like the bumpers and wheels upgrade

Hi Leo,

thanks for the congrats. Much appreciated.

Also other posters.

On the wheels they are 19" OZ Racing Ultraleggera_HLT_ADV.1 SL series with oem rim width, but just a little more offset. Also running titanium wheel bolts.

Tyres are Toyo R888R, 235x35x19 front and 305x30x19 rear,

The R888R's are quite sticky and didn't appear to spin on the runway, at least at UR stage 3-1275 rwhp level.

cheers,

john

They look fantastic my friend

So awesome! You are one the biggest enthusiast I know! I love it!

Congrats.

Hi Dustin,

thanks for the compliment.

Much appreciated, especially coming from the king of the roll-on hit- the brake boost champ!!

Look forward to seeing you in action in your R8 UR TT when you get it rolling.

cheers,

john

Hi forum members,

driving back and forward across Australia to compete in half mile and 1000metre sprints, I am beginning to feel like 'The Driver" in that cult road movie "Two -Lane Blacktop". lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Lane_Blacktop

But loving it!

cheers,

john

Awesome job man!

Hi dirty,

Thanks.

What a stable of UR beasts!!!!

you must have shares in UR by now lol.

cheers,

john