just announced! Mclaren 675LT spider!

SV-N-IT

I think I like those wheels better than any other wheel they've ever offered, ever lol

All those spokes are necessary to support the burden of massive depreciation anyways lol.

I like it though!

I think I like those wheels better than any other wheel they've ever offered, ever lol

All those spokes are necessary to support the burden of massive depreciation anyways lol.

I like it though!

The rims look like they stole them off an old Alpina BMW.

McLaren eats its young again by building the car they claimed they wouldn't build when they released the hardtop 675LT "limited" edition. I am sure current 675LT owners are thrilled at this announcement and the oncoming hockey stick depreciation.

Wheels are terrible even worse than their 12c penis wheels!

Car will be cool though, imagine it will have pissed of all the coupe owners that were promised it wouldn't be built and it just devalued their cars.

Lol!

not feeling the wheel or the car actually. the 12c, 650, 675 platform is now into it's 5th production year. way to young to have about a dozen versions.

i think mclaren is trying too hard and missing the target.

The rims look like they stole them off an old Alpina BMW.

McLaren eats its young again by building the car they claimed they wouldn't build when they released the hardtop 675LT "limited" edition. I am sure current 675LT owners are thrilled at this announcement and the oncoming hockey stick depreciation.

:iamwithstupid:

not feeling the wheel or the car actually. the 12c, 650, 675 platform is now into it's 5th production year. way to young to have about a dozen versions.

i think mclaren is trying too hard and missing the target.

In terms of performance, they seem to be right on target. Brand and value management . . . perhaps not so much.

Wheels are terrible. They should have just made 1,000 coupes. What's the point of a convertible track special? I'd assume this will also cause some depreciation on the 675 coupe (I hope anyway as I'd love to get one ;))

Of course they were gonna make a topless version of the 675! Will be a badass car im sure.

^ did you just say whats the point if a convertible track car? Barely ang of these cars will ever hit the track anyway so who cares? Id much rather a convertible also, just like every person who bought the topless "track" version of the 430,458,GSL,SV and the list goes on.

Of course they were gonna make a topless version of the 675! Will be a badass car im sure.

^ did you just say whats the point if a convertible track car? Barely ang of these cars will ever hit the track anyway so who cares? Id much rather a convertible also, just like every person who bought the topless "track" version of the 430,458,GSL,SV and the list goes on.

:iamwithstupid: I personally love the spider version of these track oriented cars! especially the SV ;)

I have no problem with them producing the car, the problem I have is they specifically stated it was a 500 car run and made it clear - no convertible would be offered and that was it. They continually undermine their customers, why you would buy a new McLaren unless it is a P1/F1 class is beyond me. Wait 18 months and get one 50 cents on the $.

:iamwithstupid: I personally love the spider version of these track oriented cars! especially the SV ;)

To each their own. I get roadster/spider versions of super cars just not track focused cars. It invariably adds weight and decreases aerodynamic efficiency. It undermines the track performance claims and makes it just a higher end super car. 675LT was billed as the track focused 650s. Agree to disagree though if we all agreed life would be boring.

To each their own. I get roadster/spider versions of super cars just not track focused cars. It invariably adds weight and decreases aerodynamic efficiency. It undermines the track performance claims and makes it just a higher end super car. 675LT was billed as the track focused 650s. Agree to disagree though if we all agreed life would be boring.

its only 75lbs heavier! IMO living in SOFL, this gives you the best of both worlds! (top down for wknd date nights & top up track days)

this is why there is a ass for every seat ;)

No car you can buy off the showroom floor is a proper track car, the light weight versions are only a slightly more focused version of the original so you aren't missing much if any.

No car you can buy off the showroom floor is a proper track car, the light weight versions are only a slightly more focused version of the original so you aren't missing much if any.

My 13 record breaking track records would like to have a word with you

post-60315-1449266885.jpeg

My 13 record breaking track records would like to have a word with you

I knew someone will bring that up :icon_mrgreen: not a proper race car either I am afraid, it still has compromises which enables it to be on the road, certainly a great track toy and one of my favourite American cars at the moment.

And as for open tops not making good race cars please allow me to LOL

VERY COOL. Anyone who believes that McLaren would not produce a convertible version of any car they have is just plain naiive. Its the only car that barely takes any increased rigidity when turned into a roadster and thus minimal weight penalty while keeping the same strength.

If you want a proper open top track car, get a Radical.

Reminds me of MB CLK GTR wheels.

Ugly launch wheels.

Cool car.

:iamwithstupid: Fixed :icon_mrgreen: