12C vs 488

Kisco

saw that, very impressive, the 488 is FAST! 650S should walk it though....

If anything I thought this video is a testament on how fast the 12C is being that it's couple years older than a direct rival (and how much faster a 650 would be than a 488, which I was very curious about)

Man Mclaren hit a homerun in the acceleration department with their line-up.

The 675 must be as absolute monster!

yep, 12C hit the streets about 4 years ago and still hangs with Ferrari's latest... hopefully I'll eventually get into a 675LT when the time is right, or who knows what McLaren will come out with next....

every time I drive the 650S I think how crazy fast the car is all stock...

If anything I thought this video is a testament on how fast the 12C is being that it's couple years older than a direct rival (and how much faster a 650 would be than a 488, which I was very curious about)

Man Mclaren hit a homerun in the acceleration department with their line-up.

The 675 must be as absolute monster!

Very impressive, once 12C's get in the 130's I'm going to scoop one up and do a tune/exhaust on it.

hopefully not TOO soon! LOL.... i love my 12c but man, the value seems to keep creeping down. not as FAST as it did 2-3 years ago... but still falling. honestly, sub-150k, i don't think there's a better car for the money.

Pretty disappointing outcome for the F car. Though they would have certainly aimed to out do Mac in a straight line.

any issues with the 12c? I have heard some people got rid of them for all the problems they were having, they say the 650s is much better.. but I don't have the extra $ for the 650s....

Little disappointed the 488 can't take down a 12C

I had high expectations for that car, but the Macs are stupid quick for a stock car.

I wonder how a 650s would do against an SV

It's always about a combination of more ingredients, it's exciting to have a fast car in a straight line but it's even more exciting to have a car which is more enjoyable as a whole package and appeals to most of your senses.

In this instance I'd take a myriad of other cars before I would a 12C, the 12C might be fast but that's where everything else stops for me.

It's always about a combination of more ingredients, it's exciting to have a fast car in a straight line but it's even more exciting to have a car which is more enjoyable as a whole package and appeals to most of your senses.

In this instance I'd take a myriad of other cars before I would a 12C, the 12C might be fast but that's where everything else stops for me.

:iamwithstupid:

There is no doubt that the Macs have superior technical performance over F car counterparts.

The problem with Mac is they don't have the branding (yet) and their cars seem to plummet in value. Hopefully this will change soon.

Macs and Astons seem to depreciate like wildfire.

Little disappointed the 488 can't take down a 12C

I had high expectations for that car, but the Macs are stupid quick for a stock car.

I wonder how a 650s would do against an SV

on PAPER there are performance differences that may make one justify the 650 over the 12c. but honestly, for every street use + spirited driving, i think the ONLY real difference you need to ask yourself is if the premium for the 650s is worth it purely based on the front end design update. if you're okay with the 12c front end, i think you're better off saving some money and picking up a 12c. exhaust/tune it and enjoy it.

while they certainly don't hold value like a Ferrari, it's not as bad as it appears.... the problem is that McLaren set's the MSRP too high, then discounts them huge to buyers, so a new $350k 650S spider might sell for ~$260k brand new, then the owner sells it for $230k after a year..... so the owner loses 30k but might look like $110k to those not in the know...

There is no doubt that the Macs have superior technical performance over F car counterparts.

The problem with Mac is they don't have the branding (yet) and their cars seem to plummet in value. Hopefully this will change soon.

Macs and Astons seem to depreciate like wildfire.

while they certainly don't hold value like a Ferrari, it's not as bad as it appears.... the problem is that McLaren set's the MSRP too high, then discounts them huge to buyers, so a new $350k 650S spider might sell for ~$260k brand new, then the owner sells it for $230k after a year..... so the owner loses 30k but might look like $110k to those not in the know...

This I have seen, but therein lies the problem.

Why on earth would McLaren set a price point where they would potentially take $100k off? The problem is that some people will pay close to MSRP where others get the huge discount. This then pisses off the former buyers. They then lose customer loyalty.

If a brand is doing massive discounts, they are devaluing their product. You don't see Ferrari doing this on new cars...ever.

I agree 1000% but it won't stop me from driving a McLaren...

BUT Ferrari is also a pain the ass, I would buy a 488 GTB right now, but I can't, we all know the drill.... :)

This I have seen, but therein lies the problem.

Why on earth would McLaren set a price point where they would potentially take $100k off? The problem is that some people will pay close to MSRP where others get the huge discount. This then pisses off the former buyers. They then lose customer loyalty.

If a brand is doing massive discounts, they are devaluing their product. You don't see Ferrari doing this on new cars...ever.

NRG x Lambo.... have you had any issues with your car? what model year is yours?

i have a 2012. other than some common issues that most 12c owners face like: crappy IRIS (infotainment system), the climate control LCD going bad, that was about it. from a performance/drive stand point, i've had zero issues with car. luckily climate control LCD got replaced by the dealers, but the IRIS i'm stuck with unless i want to pay for the upgrade, which i hear is problematic too. i opted to allocate that money to exhaust and tune instead! LOL.

BUT Ferrari is also a pain the ass, I would buy a 488 GTB right now, but I can't, we all know the drill.... :)

Agree, all brands have their pros and cons.

But in the end, as long as the driver is enjoying the machine, that's all that matters.

:iamwithstupid: