Never ever thought I would post in this forum but

Camel Toe Juice

I was never a fan of the GTR and quite honestly hated the car, the looks never did anything for me. I was in the market for a Porsche 997 tt, GT3, etc, test drove a few and they weren't a match for me (too small, rough ride, etc). During the LP track event I asked Alex from SP what his ultimate car was and he quickly responded the GTR. After visiting the Porsche dealership I spoke to an acquaintance who spoke very highly of his GTR as well and he said I must take one for a test ride. That same evening I went to the local Nissan dealer and within 10 minutes picked up a new 2015 GTR premier edition. I have never purchased a car without an excessive amount of research but once I drove this car I was sold/mesmerized, call it what you want but was blown away.

I have had the car for a few days and it gets more looks, thumbs up and stares than my other rides (still not sure why it is pretty ugly). I highly suggest if you are a car guy to test drive one. By far the most fun I have had in a car. Per the internet the new 2015 models are a bit more smoother than previous models.

20140620_210519_1_1.jpeg

I always liked the GTR, I've owned the R32,33 and 34 but for some reason I never bought the R35 I had one for an extended test drive and it was incredible, congrats and enjoy it in the best of health.

GTR is a great performing car with everyday useability, congrats. Sometimes all the research in the world means squat, and everything makes sense after a test drive.

So stoked when you texted me that you bought it, now its time to plan the next track day!

congratulations

what is one car the the gtr feels closes to?

i am not a fan of the looks or sound (in stock form). many of my friends hv one after owning porsches and other japanese makes. i am curious about it every time another friend is converted to gtr world lol

Congrats... Now take it to SP for some mods! The GTR does get a lot of attention. I put 14K miles on mine.. I personally would not buy another one..

Same boat as you. I hated them when they first came out, was a POS guy... Started to warm up to them after they just kept performing well at everything. Now I have one with 1000hp that I daily drive and try to track it once a month. Car still impresses me at how well it does everything I need it to.

Thanks to everyone, I am still amazed by this car and the pearl white really does sparkle in the sun.

Flapper I am down, just to tell me when and where. Deuce eagerly awaiting the next LP track day. Trans, I think when you come out the closet this will be the first car you buy..jk. Mods will eventually come, supposedly it is super loud from the people around me but I cant hear much from the cabin need to add some mids first. Here is a brief vid with the stock exhaust, IMO sounds pretty good.

IMG_3019.MOV

Trans, I think when you come out the closet this will be the first car you buy..jk.

I've driven several ones before and they are performing quite amazing, for the $, no doubt. Drive safe and enjoy in good health bro :turboalex:

what is one car the the gtr feels closes to?

DJ I have no idea since my exposure is limited, maybe other can chime in. But 0 to 60 at 2.8 seconds for a stock car under 100k was too good to pass up for me. Take one for a test drive but make sure it is a 2015 model, previous dealer would only let me test drive a beat down 2013 model (which was a POS with only 6k miles) and after I drove that I told myself this car sucks. I quickly left, called the closest dealer asked a few questions and went for a true test run of a 2015 model, bought one immediately.

Mods will eventually come, supposedly it is super loud from the people around me but I cant hear much from the cabin need to add some mids first.

Car takes very well to mods, I am on my second set of turbo upgrades. LOL.

The stock sound didn't do it for me, was disappointingly quite IMO. I have DPs with no cats, resonated HKS mid, and HKS legamax 90mm. It is pretty loud now, I wouldn't want to go any louder, in fact I have been thinking of going to a valved exhaust to quite it down a bit when I need too. I push it out of the garage when I have to leave early so I don't wake my kids.

Copied this from a GTR forum, pretty much sums it up well:

I suppose most of you lads wont' ever believe my statement. Even if you got to drive all these machines you would knock the GTR. Its not as sexy, its not as expensive. Its juts a Nissan. A Datsun if you prefer. Its definitely not a snobmobile. And it is easily the best car in the world. I spit at magazines. They get ringers, test cars, I have owned so many of these cars. Nothing is better than the GT-R today. Nothing. Thats just a strange fact one sort of has to learn to accept. Not fun, not sexy, right? To say your 100k Nissan is easily better than whatever Italian Stallion you have owned? But it is. Sorry, but it is.

Best car in the world. Period. I have owned so many cars, I am not a GTR fanboy, at all, I'm 38 years old. I'm just being realistic. Best. Car. Ever. No car makes people feel so free and happy, no car makes people go so fast. Best car ever built. I know that seems crazy to read, but it is. The 2013 GTR is the best car in the world, period.

i do accept that other cars have certain greater virtues: I just postulate that NO CAR at any price, makes its driver have more fun. Hence, and I will dispute this to the end of time, the GT-R is the best drivers car ever. It makes people have fun. So fkn much fun. It does. No car, at any price, gives more people more fun. This car is the best drivers car ever built. Everybody goes fast in this car, not kust me. not just me. everybody. Best. Car. In. The. World.

I suppose most of you lads wont' ever believe my statement. Even if you got to drive all these machines you would knock the GTR. Its not as sexy, its not as expensive. Its juts a Nissan. A Datsun if you prefer. Its definitely not a snobmobile. And it is easily the best car in the world. I spit at magazines. They get ringers, test cars, I have owned so many of these cars. Nothing is better than the GT-R today. Nothing. Thats just a strange fact one sort of has to learn to accept. Not fun, not sexy, right? To say your 100k Nissan is easily better than whatever Italian Stallion you have owned? But it is. Sorry, but it is.

Best car in the world. Period. I have owned so many cars, I am not a GTR fanboy, at all, I'm 38 years old. I'm just being realistic. Best. Car. Ever. No car makes people feel so free and happy, no car makes people go so fast. Best car ever built. I know that seems crazy to read, but it is. The 2013 GTR is the best car in the world, period.

i do accept that other cars have certain greater virtues: I just postulate that NO CAR at any price, makes its driver have more fun. Hence, and I will dispute this to the end of time, the GT-R is the best drivers car ever. It makes people have fun. So fkn much fun. It does. No car, at any price, gives more people more fun. This car is the best drivers car ever built. Everybody goes fast in this car, not kust me. not just me. everybody. Best. Car. In. The. World.

Thats a little over board.lol. Great car , but not the best in the world.

Im sorry... But GTR is soo far from being the best car, best drivers car etc... More fun? Laughable.. Here is what I will say about the car, and im willing to bet I have him beat in all aspects, including age, and car ownership..

#1.. Performance.. Stock out the box, the car is fast 0-60, and in the 1/4.. It may go 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds, but by the end of the 1/4 its steam is running out. its a low 11sec, low 120 mph car.. The ET is impressive, the MPH is not.. Any good Gallardo Lp560, 6 spd Murci, lp640 etc will run it down from a roll. I never took the car to the track, but its handling is very good for a car of this size.. All the drivers controls keep things pretty simple. The transmission if kept in auto, sometimes doesnt know what to do, upshifting and downshifting at the wrong time.. My Porsche 997TT Tiptronic with an Evoms TCU update, held gear and was much more aggresive than the GTR. One aspect I outright despise about the GTR, is its constant ability to go into limp mode.. If you step on the gas, and the car senses even one thing is out wack, wheel slip, whatever it maybe, you are in limp mode.. fcuking pain in the ass.. At the recent track event, the GTR there after a lap or two... limp mode as it senses temps too high... My car would go into limp mode at some point during any extended hard run.. Performance, stock for stock, despite no matter what the GTR boys try to say, a 997 Turbo S smokes the GTR, and reg 997 Turbo is about as fast, with the porsche having the edge at higher speeds.

#2. Build quality... The interior feels like a nissan. Cheap materials. Lots of squeaks, rattles etc that constantly come up. The transmission makes soo much noise at times I thought it was about to fall out. My 5yr old 997 with 30K miles didnt have these issues.

#3. Mods.. GTR fanboys act as though modding the car is inexpensive, and troublefree. Somehow to them every car is a 1400hp monster.. With basic bolt ons, the car wakes up.. I had ECU, down pipe, mid pipe and air filters. With these bolt ons, the GTR steps up to the level of performance of a stock Turbo S.. Now GTR guys will argue using E85..blah blah will get you more power etc etc.. Well, I dont have time for that shit, and running back and forth to the gas station every 150miles. I care about pump gas. Now of course you can go over and above these figures, but anything over 600awhp and you need to build the motor.. This is not cheap, and now you are taking your GTR into much higher price levels. Top GTR packages will run you over 100K.. The transmission needs to be rebuilt as well..

4. Visually, I actually think the GTR is a nice looking car. It gets way more attention than my Porsche did.

All in all, for me and my needs, I hated the GTR.. However I have always said, that if you can have one car, and it needs to do everything well the GTR is a good choice. I found the GTR to be extremely annoying on a daily level, the ride is harsh, the tire noise, the crappy bluetooth, the squeaks, rattles etc annoyed the shit out of me. Not to mention, trying to get home, you give it some gas, and the car is in limp mode for some reason for your whole drive home. So Inmo, the best best best car in the world, is the Porsche Turbo PDK.. If you cant fit in one, or its out of your price range ( you can buy a 997 Turbo S with CPO now for price of a GTR) then the GTR is a good SECOND choice. That being said, I did drive TurboAlexs new M6. and that car is pretty damn impressive, and I think with bolt ons it matches the GTR with bolts on as well. That was a very nice car. I have never been a fan of the BMW, but they knocked it out the park with the new one. As a weekend toy, unless you are drag racing, mile events or track days the GTR wouldnt even make my top 20.

CamelJuice, this post is not a knock on your new car, just a reply to the guy saying the 2013 GTR was the best car in the world. I understand your 2015 may have addressed some of the issues I found fault with.. Im sure you will like the car.