abolfaz
post Yesterday, 03:53 PM
Post #2821

Multi Lambo Owner
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,430

QUOTE (kinnsella @ May 26 2017, 07:51 PM) *
And he is the one that proposed the back channel to Russia which he didn't disclose.

On another note, the state attorney down here has Bannon dead to rights on voter fraud and tax evasion, why hasn't a democratic female state attorney pulled the trigger on him and why hasn't this story gained more traction in the media?

--------------------

“Never pass up the opportunity to have sex or be on television.” - Gore Vidal

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
abolfaz
post Yesterday, 04:02 PM
Post #2822

Multi Lambo Owner
Group Icon

Never mind...

From 2014 to 2016, Bannon claimed three times on voter forms to live in Florida. At the time, Bannon maintained a California driver’s license, owned property and businesses in that state and spent much of his time outside of Florida, prosecutors found.

“This investigation revealed evidence that tends to indicate that the Subject did not intend to or actually reside in Miami-Dade County,” Assistant State Attorney Devon Helfmeyer wrote in a seven-page memo closing out the investigation.

The prosecutors also said their decision not to file criminal charges was based on the state’s fuzzy legal definition of “reside.” They said there was “reasonable doubt” that Bannon willfully gave false information about his residency to election officials.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abolfaz
post Yesterday, 04:13 PM
Post #2823

Multi Lambo Owner
Group Icon

Jesus...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the...m=.b2d4e13b8718

--------------------

+Quote Post
kinnsella
post Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Post #2824

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 13,077

QUOTE (kmb58 @ May 26 2017, 03:51 PM) *
♥️♥️♥️ From the McRonalds drive through..

You might fit in better on FerrariChat, most people here made their own money.
+Quote Post
Robster Craws
post Yesterday, 04:19 PM
Post #2825

Member No.: 60,315

http://www.dailywire.com/news/16850/study-...aign=benshapiro
+Quote Post
Robster Craws
post Yesterday, 04:19 PM
Post #2826

QUOTE (abolfaz @ May 26 2017, 05:13 PM) *

It's telling me I have to subscribe to see the article. There's no way that's going to happen. Can you post the text
+Quote Post
pakisho
post Yesterday, 04:37 PM
Post #2827

Member No.: 168

Open it in an incognito window

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roman
post Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Post #2828

Lambo Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,783

The next fucker who hits the "report" button on this thread is getting my foot up your ass...

And read the fucking stickies god damnit!.

--------------------

I don't want the world...
I just want your half...
+Quote Post
abolfaz
post Yesterday, 05:45 PM
Post #2829

Multi Lambo Owner
Group Icon

I'm having a hard time with this. Kushner's family is in China begging for investment money, Kushner himself is courting banks to raise $ to bail out 666 yet his father in law is a billionaire? It seems to me if trump was worth as much as they claim, he could just throw a few sheckles over to Jared and help them out?

--------------------

+Quote Post
THIRDGEN
post Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Post #2830

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 214,179

QUOTE (abolfaz @ May 26 2017, 06:45 PM) *
I'm having a hard time with this. Kushner's family is in China begging for investment money, Kushner himself is courting banks to raise $ to bail out 666 yet his father in law is a billionaire? It seems to me if trump was worth as much as they claim, he could just throw a few sheckles over to Jared and help them out?

So how bad do you really hate Trump?
+Quote Post
THIRDGEN
post Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Post #2831

Group: LP Member 2
Member No.: 214,179

I mean really? I'm ok with him. I don't trust any news these days
+Quote Post
capt_chaos
post Today, 12:27 AM
Post #2832

The Limey
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,693

QUOTE (kmb58 @ May 26 2017, 11:51 PM) *
♥️♥️♥️ From the McRonalds drive through..

I think it is great they have promoted you from the fries area to the drive thru window.
Onwards and upwards for you.

--------------------

Get Milk
+Quote Post
Fellippe
post Today, 04:10 AM
Post #2833

PE

Member No.: 1,098

QUOTE (abolfaz @ May 26 2017, 09:45 PM) *

I've been questioning Trump's actual wealth (specifically being a billionaire) for over a decade.

+Quote Post
WheelsRCool
post Today, 05:52 AM
Post #2834

They see me wheelin', they hatin'

Member No.: 9,364

QUOTE (abolfaz @ May 26 2017, 09:45 PM) *

Maybe Trump is letting his mostly sink/swim on his own. He will not be inclined to make good business decisions if he knows Father-in-Law Trump is always going to be there to bail him out.

--------------------

"Work is not a curse; it is the prerogative of intelligence, the only means to manhood, and the measure of civilization." --- Calvin Coolidge
+Quote Post
kmb58
post Today, 06:40 AM
Post #2835

Member No.: 214,571

QUOTE (capt_chaos @ May 27 2017, 04:27 AM) *
I think it is great they have promoted you from the fries area to the drive thru window.
Onwards and upwards for you.

lol.gif

I started on clean-up just like you guys, but now... See, I'm washing lettuce. Soon, I'll be on fries. Then the grill. In a year or two, I'll make assistant manager and that's where the big bucks start rolling in.

Ha.. Even MacDowell's had a clear path for advancement... tongue.gif
+Quote Post
DrummingCannoli
post Today, 09:14 AM
Post #2836

Member No.: 11,087

QUOTE (WheelsRCool @ May 26 2017, 03:52 PM) *
"Free market economy" does not mean no government regulation.

What do you mean that you think free market economies "do" have "some" place in society? A free-market economy is the only form of economic system that works for a society. For those parts of society where you think the government should provide services, where do you think the government gets the revenues to provide them?

As for free market economies spiraling out of control if not controlled or watched, government regulation is needed yes, but the problem is that the GOVERNMENT itself can spiral out of control if not controlled or watched as well. And government regulation meant to prevent or fix problems in the market can often do the opposite. Regulate too much for example and you create an environment ripe for big businesses to take over and get into bed with the government.

I suppose the "spirit" of a free market economy is more suitable for a need in society, in that people should have the ability to produce/sell a product/service to the market. However, you are correct in that it's no longer free with gov't intervention, but then allows for monopolies to be created, which may also hinder society's entrepreneurial spirit.

Businesses exist to make a profit, and gov't exits to serve the people. As soon as intentions shift (such as gov't becoming business/profit-oriented) does this create conflicts of interest, which I think people are concerned about. Frankly, it seems all sizes of corruption will always occur whether it's within business or government.

Out of curiosity, how would you pitch the need for deregulation to those for protection against child labor or the environment?
+Quote Post
WheelsRCool
post Today, 11:56 AM
Post #2837

They see me wheelin', they hatin'

Member No.: 9,364

QUOTE (DrummingCannoli @ May 27 2017, 01:14 PM) *
I suppose the "spirit" of a free market economy is more suitable for a need in society, in that people should have the ability to produce/sell a product/service to the market. However, you are correct in that it's no longer free with gov't intervention, but then allows for monopolies to be created, which may also hinder society's entrepreneurial spirit.

Businesses exist to make a profit, and gov't exits to serve the people. As soon as intentions shift (such as gov't becoming business/profit-oriented) does this create conflicts of interest, which I think people are concerned about. Frankly, it seems all sizes of corruption will always occur whether it's within business or government.

What I find interesting is how you say, "I suppose the spirit of a free market economy is more suitable for a need in society..." this gives the impression that you are implying that there are alternative solutions for the solving of societal needs. What would these be? Yes, certain things the government can do (and even should do), but for most societal needs, the only solution is the private economy/free market. The only alternative would be the government and that has never worked.

Also a market economy can have government regulation and still basically be a free market. It just won't be a completely free-market.

Out of curiosity, how would you pitch the need for deregulation to those for protection against child labor or the environment?

Well for one, point out that deregulation does not mean doing away with all regulations (deregulate does not mean unregulated). Also, it depends on what regulations we are talking about. I don't know of anyone arguing that laws against child labor are hampering business. Regarding the environment, the environment is important, but for some it is a religion essentially and they seek to regulate the economy to an absurd degree.

--------------------

"Work is not a curse; it is the prerogative of intelligence, the only means to manhood, and the measure of civilization." --- Calvin Coolidge
+Quote Post
DrummingCannoli
post Today, 02:09 PM
Post #2838

Member No.: 11,087

QUOTE (WheelsRCool @ May 27 2017, 11:56 AM) *
What I find interesting is how you say, "I suppose the spirit of a free market economy is more suitable for a need in society..." this gives the impression that you are implying that there are alternative solutions for the solving of societal needs. What would these be? Yes, certain things the government can do (and even should do), but for most societal needs, the only solution is the private economy/free market. The only alternative would be the government and that has never worked.

Also a market economy can have government regulation and still basically be a free market. It just won't be a completely free-market.

Well for one, point out that deregulation does not mean doing away with all regulations (deregulate does not mean unregulated). Also, it depends on what regulations we are talking about. I don't know of anyone arguing that laws against child labor are hampering business. Regarding the environment, the environment is important, but for some it is a religion essentially and they seek to regulate the economy to an absurd degree.

By free market economy, I'm using the definition that it's a system where the prices of goods and services are determined by the open market without any government intervention. I figured that *any* type of regulation would be considered as intervention. By this, even something such as child labor (using as an example) would prevent it from being classified as a free market. Therefore, shifting to a free market would mean the removal of these types of laws.

And yes, I agree that a purely government-ran economy wouldn't work, as shown by previously fascist countries.

As for the environment, I'm also seeing your point with how officials may use it to steer the economy. Deforestation for exploitation of land, I believe, is something worth preventing, and while businesses may view this as an opportunity for growth and profit, it does have significant negative impacts to its surroundings. Another example would be the BP oil spill. In my opinion, these are examples where the government needed to intervene to protect the environment. Plus, sustainable energy is becoming the primary energy source in countries such as Germany, thus creating jobs.

Just my two cents. I'm happy to share thoughts/viewpoints elsewhere in case this is a deviation from the threads topic.
+Quote Post
Robster Craws
post Today, 07:41 PM
Post #2839

https://www.apnews.com/1d95c9f0f79e4c158826...ium=AP_Politics
+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 140 141 142
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
2 Members: SamSet, Fortis

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2017 - 08:39 PM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag