1st round of mods...

murcivu

Nice , will you lower it? My brother in-law was in Texas to buy a Ferrari and saw your Diablo and possibly the SLR at Mark's place.

Wow looks badass.

Thanks!

Nice , will you lower it? My brother in-law was in Texas to buy a Ferrari and saw your Diablo and possibly the SLR at Mark's place.

Probably not. Not easy to lower and quite costly, from what I was told. The Diablo is currently at Mark's, but have yet to bring the SLR. Did Mark do the PPI? He's very knowledgeable with Ferrari's.

Looks great

Thanks Kevin. Saw you this morning, but didn't get a chance to say hi. Had to leave early for our son's basketball game.

Looks awesome!

Thanks buddy!

lovin it

Thanks Jason :icon_thumleft:

beautiful car, congratulations!

Thank you. The design is timeless...nothing like it.

I'm still mad you left early and I didn't get to see this beast.

Sorry bro! You know the drill...kids first. We are planning a nice drive at the end of this month before I leave, so come join us. I'll give you the details later.

That thing is evil looking!!! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks. Black is sinister looking! Pain to keep clean, though.

Next up:

iPhone_131126130315.jpg

Then some body mods to follow :eusa_dance:

looks awesome! are those OEM headlights modified? or do they come with black housing like that?

Thanks! The black oem is not modified, but the housing itself is actually black.

SLR in black looks sweet!

Between black and silver, it was a no brainer for me. Thanks!

Need to do pully and intercooler pumps

This is definitely on my to-do list. I want to finish the esthetics first before I do any power upgrades. Did you ever had that done on your SLR back then? If so, how did it feel over stock?

Any easy way to lower it like regular Mercedes and STAR?

If so, then I'm all ears. But after speaking to Eugene over at SP, I was told that it was not an easy task and may be cost prohibitive.

A pulley and tune along with upgraded pumps will definitely give it a kick in the pants.

Lowering cannot be done via "star". The SLR has a coilover suspension. It can be lowered on the factory parts but I'm not sure how much. Maybe 1/2" without effecting the suspension geometry too much from recommended spec

• 3 weeks later...

I looked into lowering mine with aftermarket however ended up lowering maybe half inch as jtrump said on factory suspension. Also went with a larger wheel that reduced gap significantly, both those items together were enough.

I looked into lowering mine with aftermarket however ended up lowering maybe half inch as jtrump said on factory suspension. Also went with a larger wheel that reduced gap significantly, both those items together were enough.

:icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...
A pulley and tune along with upgraded pumps will definitely give it a kick in the pants.

Lowering cannot be done via "star". The SLR has a coilover suspension. It can be lowered on the factory parts but I'm not sure how much. Maybe 1/2" without effecting the suspension geometry too much from recommended spec

Eventually will do the Renntech R1 package. Great hp for the money.

Nice!!! Glad I talked you into it! LOL :icon_mrgreen:

Now just lower that sucker!

I need you to talk to me into some other interior stuff if you happen to have any. Thanks again!

Looks very nice! :icon_thumleft:

Appreciate it :icon_thumleft:

Awesome car...really dig the mods..subtle but effective

Thanks. This is just the subtle parts. The non-subtle parts are still coming :icon_mrgreen:

Think this is the way to go. I don't want to lower too much as I'm already scraping the front with the factory settings.

Damn that is a mean looking car! In for the updates.

Thanks buddy! The black headlights are already installed, but kinda hard to tell with the headlights on.

20140815_080743.jpg

20140815_080848.jpg