Tony Robbins seminar

Camel Toe Juice

Totally way off topic for a Lambo forum but since there are a few fans of TR here I would like to see if anyone has attended his intro seminar. This particular one is once a year and supposedly a big deal (or maybe great marketing). Its 4 days in June (in San Jose) and they offered me a 1/2 price ticket for $500.

Has anyone attended and is it worth the $$$$ (time, hotel, flight,etc)?

Fact: TR is a marketing machine

Opinion: You wont learn anything that is going to change your life

Opinion: Dont waste your money, 99.99998% of people that attend these sorts of events will most likely not make any sort of improvements in their lives just because they heard TR tell stories for an evening. If you are the type that can make these improvements you wouldn't need TR to tell you how, why and what....

Fact: I have a total of 4 close friends that spent far to much money on his programs and events and they regret doing it.

Fact: TR is a marketing machine

Opinion: You wont learn anything that is going to change your life

Opinion: Dont waste your money, 99.99998% of people that attend these sorts of events will most likely not make any sort of improvements in their lives just because they heard TR tell stories for an evening. If you are the type that can make these improvements you wouldn't need TR to tell you how, why and what....

Fact: I have a total of 4 close friends that spent far to much money on his programs and events and they regret doing it.

:iamwithstupid:

The only exception here is for somebody who has gone out and done some real stuff like the OP, you might have a different perspective on the whole thing.

Doubtful though. :icon_mrgreen:

The guy is a great motivator and I am sure there are some things to be learned from one of his seminars. It never hurts to read positive motivating books or listen to guys like Tony. That said I wouldn't get on a plane and go but when I was younger this stuff was great motivation. Now I am just a set in my ways 45 year old fcuk that can't be helped! :icon_thumleft:

IMO worth every penny.

if you go make sure to come back to this thread and let us know your thoughts.

I was at one of his seminars and it was life changing for me. (but everyone is different)

I don't understand why people think there will be magic in what some other guy tells you, I can't imagine learning what I know from a book or a seminar etc. it all comes from within yourself and the hard lessons of life, not taking no for an answer, not accepting defeat and working your ass off, there is no magic just hard work and determination, there are no tricks or shortcuts, yes you get motivated excited for a minute etc. but that's like expecting to have a chat with Usain Bolt and then run the 100 in the same time he does, pretty lame and even lamer on the part of the person who holds the seminar because he's out to fleece everyone, if that's not the case and he's so passionate about it, feels compelled to save the planet he should be doing it for free. You couldn't pay me to go to one of those things.

This is a good interview with him, the interviewer lobs some good questions: http://www.playboy.com/playground/view/ton...ayboy-interview

PLAYBOY: Is fear the biggest problem people have?

ROBBINS: No question. Our deepest fear is that we’re not enough. I don’t care if it’s the president, a prisoner, an Olympic athlete or a parent. We feel we’re not competent enough—or smart, strong, athletic, humorous or beautiful enough. And if we’re not, our second fear is that we won’t be loved.

PLAYBOY: But what about fear of illness, death, our children’s welfare, unemployment, living in a post-9/11 world?

ROBBINS: Do people feel afraid of many things? No question. Those fears are real, but all roads lead to Rome, down to the twin fears. It’s okay to feel afraid, and you can use that emotion to propel yourself forward. I don’t tell people, “Go to your garden and chant ‘There are no weeds’ and do a bunch of affirmations.” I’m not Mr. Positive Thinking. I never have been. I’m a strategist, not a motivator. I’m obsessed with finding strategies that create real results in the shortest period of time.

PLAYBOY: You often say change happens in a second. Do you mean that literally?

ROBBINS: People say it takes 10 years to change your life. It’s bullshit. It takes a moment, a second, yes. But it may take you 10 years to get to the point of finally saying, “Enough.”

PLAYBOY: What do most people do when they have a problem?

ROBBINS: They feed their fear because they are deathly afraid of failing, of not being enough. They will say, “I can’t lose weight because I’m big-boned.” I say, “No, you’re freakin’ fat!” You don’t like your body, your job, your relationship? Change it. It’s obvious. But most people won’t do that. It’s too scary.

PLAYBOY: Then, at the age of 21, you started doing interventions, right?

ROBBINS: Yes, I was on a radio interview and said, “I don’t care what the problem is. If you have uncontrollable phobias, come see me at the Holiday Inn, and I’ll handle it in one hour, because I’m the one-stop therapist!” I was a cocky little bastard. I was driven, hungry, and I had to sell confidence.

PLAYBOY: Didn’t you feel like a fake?

ROBBINS: No, I didn’t, because I produced results. I started charging $1,000 an hour, which sounds insane. “But you pay me nothing if it doesn’t work and if it doesn’t last.” I treated people who were severely depressed, who wanted to quit smoking. And the results I got fed me. That’s how success happens in life. You get results.

PLAYBOY: During those first years of success, did you go a little crazy with cars, sex and women?

ROBBINS: I bought a Rolls Corniche convertible when I was 23 and took my father over to our old house and did the tour. He lit up like a Christmas tree. Then I bought a big house I couldn’t afford, but the next year I made a million dollars and paid it off.

PLAYBOY: And the women?

ROBBINS: Well, I wasn’t a good--looking guy. Some people probably still think that’s true, but I certainly had a full experience with women for two or three years. I would have a dozen relationships simultaneously. And I’d be honest with all of them. But all that stopped quickly when I got married at 24 to a woman 11 years my senior. She had three children and had been married twice before. Imagine being my age and you’ve instantly got a 17-year-old son, an 11-year-old daughter and a five-year-old son, with another son of my own from a former relationship on the way.

important part I've found, as my energy had been at null for awhile since I don't have a penthouse and a lambo and I'm almost 30... lol

PLAYBOY: You’ve often said “You’ve got to discipline your disappointments.”

ROBBINS: Yes. When I say I rarely fail in life, that’s bullshit. I fail all the time, but I don’t view it as failure. Unless you can discipline your disappointment, it overwhelms you. It puts you in a mental and emotional state that drains your energy. You lose your will and your capacity to be resilient. The one common denominator of all successful people is their hunger to push through their fears.

Fortis - You nailed it with the Usain bolt scenario. Its unfortunate but most people we coexist with are lazy and void of any work ethic, the ability to learn and of course motivation. TR and the rest of them created an entire business model around this group of people.

TR is so good at what he sells that in my case our friends, 2 months after, were still all fairly excited. Its genius really,,,, you will BELIEVE that it was money well spent and "man I learned a lot." Nothing changed, same net results at year end.

Everyone wants to learn what the "Magic Solution" is to whatever the hell is being marketed this year,,,, as if its some secret that only a select few know about. Sign up for my seminar and it will be reviled!

Well it turns out my cousin attended this seminar 15 years ago and still today raves about how exceptional/ life changing it was for him. I was never a huge TR fan as I felt alot of his stuff was fluff but I happened to listen to parts of one of his audio programs a few weeks back and I took away some exceptional tips. I completely agree with the seminar results are only short term but from what I have heard the group experience/energy plays a factor as well. Nonetheless I will be attending.

Here is very in-depth break down of the seminar by a former attendee:

http://projectlifemastery.com/video-blog-d...ear-into-power/

If it sucks, I will bail early but I think it might be a good experience.

I once saw a coach give a little bit of wisdom in a video. Two things I remembered - 1 .if your ability doesn't match your ambition, you'll always be miserable. So if you have lambo ambition but chevy ability, that's bad news. 2. easiest thing to do to keep ego in check is to get yourself a girlfriend who can call you on your BS.

I did a tr webinar with one of his hired coaches and it changed my business completely in 2 hrs!! Really just stuff I would have eventually heard somewhere else, but his stuff is legit! If you apply the tools he or many like him give you then you will come out ahead. To me it's totally worth it although everything he says at this seminar could be read/listened to in his books.

Either way, IMO, don't knock it til you've tried it. Not for everyone but I found his info phenominal

Well it turns out my cousin attended this seminar 15 years ago and still today raves about how exceptional/ life changing it was for him. I was never a huge TR fan as I felt alot of his stuff was fluff but I happened to listen to parts of one of his audio programs a few weeks back and I took away some exceptional tips. I completely agree with the seminar results are only short term but from what I have heard the group experience/energy plays a factor as well. Nonetheless I will be attending.

Ali- There's zero downside attending TR.

Good luck and Keep us posted!

I don't understand why people think there will be magic in what some other guy tells you, I can't imagine learning what I know from a book or a seminar etc. it all comes from within yourself and the hard lessons of life, not taking no for an answer, not accepting defeat and working your ass off, there is no magic just hard work and determination, there are no tricks or shortcuts, yes you get motivated excited for a minute etc. but that's like expecting to have a chat with Usain Bolt and then run the 100 in the same time he does, pretty lame and even lamer on the part of the person who holds the seminar because he's out to fleece everyone, if that's not the case and he's so passionate about it, feels compelled to save the planet he should be doing it for free. You couldn't pay me to go to one of those things.

:iamwithstupid: I can't understand people who go to these things.

:iamwithstupid: I can't understand people who go to these things.

It boggles my mind too. I guess people need to pay $500 for a pep talk to get off their lazy asses and do something with their lives and TR has figured out there is no shortage of suckers out there. He is the real winner.

good for you! I think you will be pleasantly surprised! and if not, your out $500 that most guys would blow at a strip club lololol

I attended his 4 day seminar in London at the weekend just gone with my bro. Running joke for the weekend was "Everybody's looking for answers"

7000 people there at between €800 - €2000 a ticket.

It's great being able put yourself in front of lifes hard lessons and learn from them but majority of people won't even let themselves be hurt and in this day it's too easy to float through life just living average with reasonable comfort.

I certainly wasn't born with a lot of the traits I'd have now where I used to be lazy, fearful etc. and I guess depression I had early on kicked my ass to do something and I ended up meeting someone similar to a Tony Robbins which helped me become someone different.

Is any of the successful people on here born with courage, commitment, work ethic and vision to get them that Lamborghini? Or is it built in them through what's around them whether it's their experience / parents / mentors / a tough childhood / education (of which might be finding someone such as Tony Robbins to guide them).

I know there are people out there that are downright lazy and fearful no matter what, but there are others that are that way just because it's their belief that's all they will ever deserve.

I haven't been to any seminars but I can relate to what many of you describe. It doesn't have to be TR to give someone motivation and excitement but if it helps in anyway, go for it. I've found some other ways to become motivated and excited.

I do find this forum to be inspirational and motivational. What a wealth of information and people from all different walks.

I also find successful people that I've met in general to be inpiring and motivational. I can say that when I get to hang around successful people, many of my friends from Columbus and Pittsburgh some of whom are members here as well, I get that excitement and the motivation to take a risk and do something. Whenever I have extended time away from those people, I start to get into the lull of everyday normalcy and the excitement fades. Every Spring, I get excited again. Some of it is from the better weather but also I start getting excited to hang around with those people again because as the car events fire up it helps get us all together.

When I am able to visit him, my good friend Paul (Milligan740 - now Gilligan740 :lol2:) and I always have had times to sit and just start talking. Sometimes its brainstorming sessions about what ventures could be out there, sometimes its just about what others have accomplished and how we can get our individual plans rolling. It always helps to instill excitement about what is out there.

• 4 months later...

Bump on this thread. Hopefully it will add value to some LP members.

I will keep it short and sweet. The seminar is NOT for everyone. If your life is perfect and you do not need any motivation/change, then this is not for you. But If you are open for some inspiration and want to take life to the next level, then his program might help. It is not really a motivation seminar but more of an educational program. Yes there is a lot of cheering, lighting effects and smoking mirrors; but beyond that, it is basic steps how to live in a healthy/ progressive/enlightened manner. I must admit there were quite a few sheep in the audience, but if they received value from the seminar and they are happier, more power to them.

I most likely will not be attending any of his seminars as they are $5-$10k a piece, this was only $500.

Much much more to add about this topic from the seminar but will leave it at this.

People are motivated by different things. A simple quote, a great seminar, fantastic book, recognition, birth of a child, close call with the grim reaper, you name it.

What works for one, may not have an affect on another.

Anything that brings out the best in a person and they can sustain that momentum is money, time , or effort well spent.