Tesla Model X released

TRANSAMERA

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's tough creating an entire new automobile industry and hitting the car on every single point. I think they will sell a lot of them. There was over 5000 people that attended the live presentation last night and they flew in from all over the country, including some people from this forum. The falcon doors were very impressive, it will be interesting to see how they work out in real life. The chauffeur doors were also pretty neat. Although I don't know how practical that will be for a daily situation . There were a ton of features designed in and around the young family. The ability to tilt the middle row seats with child seats in them to gain access to the backseat, would been huge years ago when I had small children. The ability to stand and put your child in a childseat be at the elk and doors would also been huge. I didn't hear anything about autopilot but that is the feature I'm looking most forward to in my sedan. The speed still amazes me, and is extremely fun when you pull up next to some ricer or somebody with a hopped up Mustang, that thinks they're fast. Drives my wife crazy, because I always want to race them.

I am huge fan of Tesla. I love their cars, technology, business model, etc. I have some Tesla stock too (hopefully after all of the delays the Model X's release will bump the stock price up). I will have a Tesla at some point.

I do agree, the design is very bland.

They did, after all, hire the guy who designed all of those cool looking Mazda's.

However, the Model X is still sick! :lol2:

No SUV is like it.

I love the huge front window, falcon wing doors. It is rated for class III towing and the storage is great.

This thing is going to sell like crazy. People love SUV's but hate the gas prices. This solves that problem. All the utility of an SUV while being more economical than a Prius.

Time to see how production goes.....

I just don't get the visual design. I mean a $20k Hyundai looks 10 times better than that. The falcon doors are cool but the exterior is plain as can be otherwise. It's cool for what it is but why not make them visually more appealing, especially considering the price. People will buy them regardless since there isn't a comparable but still...

starting at 132k? for real? seems ridiculous.

That's for the fully loaded one, I think 132k is the second highest with 144k being the one with the ludicrous speed....they'll bring in lower variants.

Edit: Ah, I misread it...it's the base for the P90D, but isn't that just a bit more than the Model S P90D?

Totally, I have a friend who has been on the wait list for 24 months, She's a regular Mom and she will be driving it around Venice etc. Its going to be very common in LA.

In Cali, especially si valley and the bay they'll be a dime a dozen.

In Cali, especially si valley and the bay they'll be a dime a dozen.

I still cant get over how common the Model S is here in Cincy. I honestly see at least 20 a day anymore.

The chauffeur doors were also pretty neat. Although I don't know how practical that will be for a daily situation . There were a ton of features designed in and around the young family.

What are they?

Tesla has another winner on it's hands. 25,000 orders already on the books.

I think I will move more money into Tesla. I can't see the stock going down with the guaranteed (in my opinion) success of the model X. Now I can't wait for their 3/5-series competitor. Tesla for the win.

Doesn't look any better or worse than a GLE or X6, the falcon doors are pretty cool and the fact it's as quick as a Lambo is crazy. Tesla will do very well with this.

Doesn't look any better or worse than a GLE or X6, the falcon doors are pretty cool and the fact it's as quick as a Lambo is crazy. Tesla will do very well with this.

Aren't those half the price though? No doubt it will still sell, just seems like they put zero effort into the visual design, except the doors, since iT does everything else really well.

just seems like they put zero effort into the visual design, except the doors, since iT does everything else really well.

Did you check out the windshield? Its like driving with no roof or pillars, that alone is worth the cost of admission for some.

looks terrible. it's a pregnant model s.

the car design is several years behind what the market wants. today, the market has been growing luxury compact SUV. they should have made a sporty X. funding must be tight at tesla. they are spending too much on building plants, marketing home batteries, building supercharge stations and stores. their focus should be more directed at the vehicles.

a tuner should come up with a body kit.

What are they?

Tesla has another winner on it's hands. 25,000 orders already on the books.

The front door opens for you when you walk up to the car, no reaching for the handle.

looks terrible. it's a pregnant model s.

the car design is several years behind what the market wants. today, the market has been growing luxury compact SUV. they should have made a sporty X. funding must be tight at tesla. they are spending too much on building plants, marketing home batteries, building supercharge stations and stores. their focus should be more directed at the vehicles.

a tuner should come up with a body kit.

Lol yes way behind, 25000 preorders and 5000 more last night....they must have missed the mark.

Lol yes way behind, 25000 preorders and 5000 more last night....they must have missed the mark.

If they had their ducks in a row it could have ben 25001 and 5001. THINK BIGGER!

Interesting concept. I don't like SUV's at all but I get the market segment. I think the Model X looks pretty cool, though I was hoping they'd get to their $30-$50 sedan market segment car first. The range limits make sense given the weight and size of the car...we'll see how the real-world numbers hold up. All in all I am a Tesla fan so I hope they do well with thew car :icon_thumleft:

I am massively underwhelmed with the appearance...which is what I expected since the first sketch. It could have been so much more. It could have been must have instead of meh.

Is this really the first car ever to be fitted with a proper HEPA filter? You can find these things in a £40 air purifier.

It's not just that Tesla keeps making these amazing innovations... sometimes I wonder why the hell nobody else has been doing these things. That view-spanning windscreen, the sensors on the automatic falconwing doors... obviously these are things people would want, why is it taking the Paypal guy to get this stuff done?

Makes me pretty sad when I look at one of my favourite brands, Jaguar, and just see them constantly playing a "me-too" game with the Germans instead.

The speed at which innovation moves now is just incredible. The best part is that it is trickling down to the consumer level. Pricey to play ball in this segment for most, but with time, pricing will adjust accordingly.