PM Disabled?

kmb58

Hello Mods,

I just tried sending a PM and kept getting an error. I am not quite sure why as I was just able to send a PM the other day?

Anyway- I hope it is worked out!

Keep up the good work.

Super weird.. as soon as I posted this.. the " 0 new messages " indicator returned... Hope there isn't some site hack going down.. :-/

Super weird.. as soon as I posted this.. the " 0 new messages " indicator returned... Hope there isn't some site hack going down.. :-/

I was waiting for somebody to post this. Congratulations, you're my guinea pig.

From now on, members who do not have a minimum of 5 posts (which you already do), will not be able to use the PM system. It was a measure we had to take in response to the (breathtakingly massive) PM spam/fishing attack we encountered.

When you logged in and posted, because you have more than 5 posts, your member status was automatically upgraded to "LP Member 2" from "LP Member" ("LP Members" which you used to be, are now defined as members with fewer than 5 posts). This automatic group upgrade SHOULD allow you to send PMs. But evidentally you have to actually make a new post to trigger the software to upgrade your account. I've been watching the group "populate" the last few days, and this explains why it didn't happen all at once.

Make a post, get upgraded, PMs come back.

This will happen to everybody with between 5 and 150 posts (Members with 150 posts are already "Official LP Members" which allows them access to the business section etc. and their user privileges were not changed.)

This tweak also has no effect on "VIP Members" or "Lambo Owners". I tried to make it so "Moderators" couldnt get PMs as well... but I was vetoed. ;)

If you are not able to use the PM system, let me know in this thread.

I was waiting for somebody to post this. Congratulations, you're my guinea pig.

From now on, members who do not have a minimum of 5 posts (which you already do), will not be able to use the PM system. It was a measure we had to take in response to the (breathtakingly massive) PM spam/fishing attack we encountered.

When you logged in and posted, because you have more than 5 posts, your member status was automatically upgraded to "LP Member 2" from "LP Member" ("LP Members" which you used to be, are now defined as members with fewer than 5 posts). This automatic group upgrade SHOULD allow you to send PMs. But evidentally you have to actually make a new post to trigger the software to upgrade your account. I've been watching the group "populate" the last few days, and this explains why it didn't happen all at once.

Make a post, get upgraded, PMs come back.

This will happen to everybody with between 5 and 150 posts (Members with 150 posts are already "Official LP Members" which allows them access to the business section etc.)

If you are not able to use the PM system, let me know in this thread.

:lol2: Makes sense. I did notice the LP 2 in my sig. Good one. Abolfaz will be thrilled that I can PM again :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2: Makes sense. I did notice the LP 2 in my sig. Good one. Abolfaz will be thrilled that I can PM again :icon_mrgreen:

Perfect... Then its working, as I had hoped it would.

Also along with this, we need you guys to be our eyes and ears... If you see a relatively new SN trying to quickly rack up posts to defeat the software, especially in some of the more quiet sub-threads, hit that "report" button.

All this change really does is make them stick their heads up so a moderator can see them before they do their damage.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for your help!

No thanks necessary! Thank YOU for providing such a great resource!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...