13' av compare to av s

auglm1

anyone driven both ? having a HP and figure it's time to add something i never had before, a V12 ! plan is to either find a 13' av as an addition, or say goodbye to my HP to replace with the av s. knowing both are the same ISR, do they drive very differently ?

Forget the BS about the ISR. Go drive one in Corsa mode and make sure it has the upgraded software for the ECU. (avail only thu Lambo). It is epic. (In auto mode it is not so good.) Just drive in corsa, all the ASR stuff is still there to save your ass.

People bang on about the AV being big. Google the dimensions vs other cars. Porsches, Ferraris etc. It is virtually the same size length and width. Seriously, it is almost funny how wrong people are about the AV being huge.

Ferrari 488 length: 179.8inches

Aventador Length: 188 inches.

Ferrari 488 width: 76.9

Aventador width: 79.8 inches.

In other words, lots of idiots know it all's.

Handling. Google this as well. The LP700-4 was one of the fastest cars around the top gear track.

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/top-gear-track

Again, idiots banging on about the car not handling...not true.

Having been to Lambo and seen these being built I can 100% attest to the fact that the AV is a true Lambo. Handmade in Italy. Literally, handmade.

The Gallardo/ Huracan were assembled from part mostly from Germany. Walking the G/ H production line the guys were getting stuff out of boxes from Sparco (seats) etc and assembling. There were dozens and dozens of Gallardos all being assembled. Imagine a bolt together model. Bodies in stacks already painted (I believe in Hungry).

On the other side of the facility, the Aventadors were slowly being handmade by real humans. The line was very slow. People on the AV line were older. The leather was being hand stitched. The cars were painted using a crazy 10 step paint process..(this was contracted out).

When you drive a H it feels like a modern VAG product. TO ME the fit and finish feels like an Audi or a Porsche. Not bad. Don't get me wrong. If I am being honest 90% of the Huracan IS a R8. The Audi DNA is obvious in the H (and the Urus..didn't like it at all when we had a preview recently)

When you are in an Aventador it feels like, smells like, sounds like a Pagani, ThethetheFerrari, P1...or something else at that level.

The Aventador IS an occasion.

BTW, we were at Ferrari when they were assembling 458s. They too are buying parts from all over the world. ferrari exhausts are from...CHINA. The tips are made by Tubi. We saw other major parts that a layman never sees in a Ferrari with Chinese maker marks.

If we get a HP its because we want a GT3RS type ride...not because we in any way think it is on the same level as the Aventador. It is not. It really isn't.

and frankly, i never driven any of the aventador series though somehow, i'm on my 3rd H series. so, hoping for some good advices.

agree your points. the H and HPs all gave me that audi feel though the av s does indeed feel slightly outdated interior wise.

just this big bull , it has that something feeling i don't know what. pretty sure i will take some weeks to finally figure it out and decide.

They are completely different experiences, the HP is the better car, the Aventador is the better exotic, if that makes sense.

agree totally with AustinLambo, going from the H to the A is different experience, the sound, the look!

The ISR, while it will take time to get used to coming from the H, once you do, you'll never want to go back in IMO anyway.

I have the ECU upgrade and I can vouch that is a great enhancement to the V-12's already great sound and performance.

As for size, just get some practice parking, knowing where your corners are and it's no problem.

Love the Aventador S but I couldn't pull the trigger and take the massive depreciation hit seeing how the replacement is around the corner so decided to go with the HP. My next Lambo after the HP will be the A replacement, nothing beats the flagship V12 Lambo's imo.

Love the Aventador S but I couldn't pull the trigger and take the massive depreciation hit seeing how the replacement is around the corner so decided to go with the HP. My next Lambo after the HP will be the A replacement, nothing beats the flagship V12 Lambo's imo.

Think the replacement will come in 2020? Unless given a sweet discount. But that V12!!!! I'm giving myself months to decide on the av s. I suppose i can learn tro live with the single clutch. Just un sure how inconvenient to drive it out. Like negotiating steep parkhaus. I can drive my H, HP anywhere, shopping malls whatever.

Think the replacement will come in 2020? Unless given a sweet discount. But that V12!!!! I'm giving myself months to decide on the av s. I suppose i can learn tro live with the single clutch. Just un sure how inconvenient to drive it out. Like negotiating steep parkhaus. I can drive my H, HP anywhere, shopping malls whatever.

Rumor is the replacement will be previewed in 2020, deliveries 2021 and from what the CEO and others have mentioned in interviews it looks like the V12 might stick around but with a electric motor so the replacement could be pushing a 1000HP. Bottom line is the replacement will be insane.

Rumor is the replacement will be previewed in 2020, deliveries 2021 and from what the CEO and others have mentioned in interviews it looks like the V12 might stick around but with a electric motor so the replacement could be pushing a 1000HP. Bottom line is the replacement will be insane.

Yucks..electric motor ? Still prefer the pure NA. V12+electric motor+it's a big bull = jumbo elephant weight ? This is giving me another solid reason for the av s.

• 3 weeks later...
anyone driven both ? having a HP and figure it's time to add something i never had before, a V12 ! plan is to either find a 13' av as an addition, or say goodbye to my HP to replace with the av s. knowing both are the same ISR, do they drive very differently ?

I currently have a 13 Aventador and have driven the S extensively.

The S is a huge improvement. Shifts are much faster and smoother. The handling is a lot better because of the rear wheel steering.

Power along with powerband is also improved.

I am contemplating if I want to get the S but my dealer has already promised me a spot for the S Performante (New SV replacement) when thats comes out.

By the way does anyone have any idea are dealers demo cars sold at a discounted rate from the factory ? If yes, any idea by how much ?

Yes and No, the discount if any will be minimal, customers who want these cars will pay a premium to get one right away verses waiting 6-8 months. On the other hand a car sitting in the Inventory as a demo for a long time will be easier to get a discounted rate. IMO the AV's don't usually stick around very long on the dealer lot especially if it's the latest and greatest model...

FWIW, I sold my Aventador Roadster and bought the H. Absolutely love the H. Cant stand the tranny on the A.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I now own a performante... One drive in the aventator s make me sell the HP. the hp is a car the av is a super car.

How come you are selling your Aventador S already?

They both drive diferently mainly due to a few software tweaks but the biggest difference is the all-wheel steering. That makes the S feel more nimble and a bit smaller than the previous gen. It's really hard to go wrong with an AV, the real answer is if the AW steering is something you like the feel of or not.

By the way does anyone have any idea are dealers demo cars sold at a discounted rate from the factory ? If yes, any idea by how much ?

Just don’t, lol. While they are maintained, they are ridden EXTREMELY HARD and beat up. A lot require repairs beyond normal maintenance.

I remember one had been used in fairly popular musicians music video and my goodness, there was so much dirt, dust, and rocks in EVERY square inch of the car it was unbelieveable. I should dig through my archives for the photos someday. Frickin’ nuts.