Underground Racing Huracan Twin Turbo

houstonT

Many of you guys know I built a stage 3 Huracan with Underground Racing. This is the 7th car Kevin and his team have built for me. UGR had the Gallardo platform down to perfection, but I was a bit nervous as the dual clutch transmission is a completely different animal (as compared to a 6-speed manual and an e-gear). I watched the GTR community battle with the DCT for many many years and so I was a bit skeptical as to how quickly UGR could perfect the lambo dual clutch platform. Furthermore, I wanted to put over 500 miles on the build before posting my thoughts/impressions on the car.

Soooooo, here we are, 8 months later, right around 500 miles on the odometer, and let me tell you, I keep waiting for the "too good to be true" feeling to go away...but it just hasn't. The car drives like STOCK, I know, super cliche, but honestly, it drives like stock. If you stayed out of boost, you wouldn't know she makes 1250 whp. The clutch feels like it did from the factory, OEM.....the transmission shifts like a stock huracan during city driving, and is an absolute animal shifting under WOT. Car is fast...went 182.3 mph at the TX2K17 Roll Race Nationals event and I have no doubt it's an 8 second street car. UGR has ONCE AGAIN delivered an OEM quality/fit/finish product in a package that is a super car killer. Those of you that might be on the fence, get off it and send your car to UGR. Yes, it's that amazing.....

Peter

p.s. can't wait to get a Performante built :)

UGR_Huracan_1.jpg

UGR_Huracan_2.jpg

UGR_Huracan_3.jpg

UGR_Huracan_4.jpg

Jesus man, you drive that thing ~60 miles a month? That's borderline criminal neglect in my opinion (for you and the car).

Congrats on loving the car, now get out and drive the damn thing!

LOL, well I have 6 cars so I drive it only on sunny days, and during TX2K :)

Peter

Jesus man, you drive that thing ~60 miles a month? That's borderline criminal neglect in my opinion (for you and the car).

Congrats on loving the car, now get out and drive the damn thing!

Bad ass! I have seen this story!!! How much do you want for the car so you can build your peformante? text me lol

I have:

2016 Huracan TT

1998 Supra RSP (9800 original miles)

2017 M3 Competition

2016 Cayenne GTS

2015 Cayman GTS

2013 Golf R

Peter

Looks awesome! What other cars do you have?

LOLOL you just bought a new R8!!!!

Peter

Bad ass! I have seen this story!!! How much do you want for the car so you can build your peformante? text me lol

Off Topic, how do you like the golf? I'm considering picking one up as my beater, run around to the rentals, etc. Seems reasonably fun, lots of room to carry shit and being in my mid 30's doesn't make you look like an asshole in a ricer.

With an M3 and Cayman I can see why this one doesn't get a ton of seat time.

Off Topic, how do you like the golf? I'm considering picking one up as my beater, run around to the rentals, etc. Seems reasonably fun, lots of room to carry shit and being in my mid 30's doesn't make you look like an asshole in a ricer.

With an M3 and Cayman I can see why this one doesn't get a ton of seat time.

For the price, with the DSG, it really doesn't get much better for a daily beater.

Love your Huaracan, but the RSP Supra is just insane. The fact that you didn't go all FAST & FURIOUS with it makes it even better. MKIV Supra is the Japanese equivalent of a 69 Camaro, no mater how much time passes it will never not be cool.

Love your Huaracan, but the RSP Supra is just insane. The fact that you didn't go all FAST & FURIOUS with it makes it even better. MKIV Supra is the Japanese equivalent of a 69 Camaro, no mater how much time passes it will never not be cool.

+1. I agree the TTH is nice but to me the SUPRA is more impressive especially seeing that it only has 9800 MILES WOW. Talk about a unicorn. Saw it at Tx2k and it is CLEANNNNN !

No plans, not until I have a billet gear box.......although Kevin did run a 7 on his OEM DCT. :)

Peter

Nice review.

Any plans for some 1/4 mile testing?

Thanks JK and killad, the Supra is an amazingly clean example of an iconic car. Love it!

Peter

nice rides. whats done to the supra?