Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Geneva '18
CallMeJarob
post Jan 2 2018, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 207,726

Whos going?

This will be my first time attending the show and I couldnt be more excited!

I will be spending my 30th birthday there with my father for a week then heading to Wengen for several days and finally flying down to Nice for a week long motorcycle trip along the coast.

Any tips or advice? I've spent time in Geneva before but am always looking for recommendations.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VCR
post Jan 2 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #2

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 3,591

If you need and haven't booked hotel in Geneva, book it now before it gets $$$$. And even if you are willing to pay, you might not get the hotel/room of your choice if you don't do it soon.

If you are staying in downtown Geneva, take the train to the show. The distance between the train terminal and the show venue is literally shouting distance; far easier than driving or taking a cab there. Some hotels in Geneva offer free 3-day tourist train passes for their guests so it's very convenient.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 2 2018, 06:33 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: LPower VIP
Member No.: 7,524

At this stage I am planning to be there on the 18th which is the last day of the show, havenít booked accommodation and VCR has a point, I better hurry up.

I will be a month in Europe after that.
+Quote Post
CallMeJarob
post Jan 3 2018, 06:47 AM
Post #4

Group: Official LP Member
Member No.: 207,726

Luckily I know someone with an apartment across from Hotel President Wilson I was able to rent with a nice water view but I did browse the hotels and they are going up in price quick!
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 3 2018, 07:18 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

A friend recommended Hotel Rotary, looked good on booking.com and so I booked it, looking forward to the show.
+Quote Post
CHADW
post Jan 3 2018, 07:01 PM
Post #6

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 8,402

We stayed at Hotel des Bergues last summer and the hospitality was the best we ever experienced. Nice property, good location and excellent concierges.

Hotel Rotary is very close.

The cost of that city will make your eyes water.
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 3 2018, 08:42 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (CHADW @ Jan 4 2018, 01:01 PM) *
We stayed at Hotel des Bergues last summer and the hospitality was the best we ever experienced. Nice property, good location and excellent concierges.

Hotel Rotary is very close.

The cost of that city will make your eyes water.

I am traveling with my brotherís family and itís difficult to find places which have the ability to accommodate children, also we donít want to put them in a separate room because they arenít old enough so we are getting two rooms and split the children, itís been a massive pain to find proper accommodation, we are traveling to 10 different locations throughout Europe.

As for the price I donít find Europe that bad $500/Night gets you a decent place, when traveling with kids it gets tricky.
+Quote Post
CHADW
post Jan 4 2018, 06:33 AM
Post #8

Group: Lambo Owner
Member No.: 8,402

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jan 4 2018, 01:42 AM) *
I am traveling with my brotherís family and itís difficult to find places which have the ability to accommodate children, also we donít want to put them in a separate room because they arenít old enough so we are getting two rooms and split the children, itís been a massive pain to find proper accommodation, we are traveling to 10 different locations throughout Europe.

As for the price I donít find Europe that bad $500/Night gets you a decent place, when traveling with kids it gets tricky.

We traveled as a family and they were great with our son. It wasnít close to 500/night though. Nice suites in Geneva are a couple thousand US. Hopefully you have a better exchange rate but I doubt it, everything is expensive for Aussies it seems!
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 4 2018, 08:30 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (CHADW @ Jan 5 2018, 12:33 AM) *
We traveled as a family and they were great with our son. It wasnít close to 500/night though. Nice suites in Geneva are a couple thousand US. Hopefully you have a better exchange rate but I doubt it, everything is expensive for Aussies it seems!

Worse exchange rate. Majority of the hotels suggest 2 rooms for our requirements, traveling with one child is different than traveling with 3, not too many choices sad.gif
+Quote Post
LPDADDY
post Jan 10 2018, 08:29 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 201

QUOTE (Fortis @ Jan 3 2018, 09:42 PM) *

$500 a night in Europe gets you slums lol, where the fuck u staying , hostels ?

--------------------

The end justifies the means
+Quote Post
dtrax
post Jan 10 2018, 11:57 PM
Post #11

Group: Multi-Lambo Owner
Member No.: 4,545

QUOTE (CallMeJarob @ Jan 2 2018, 11:09 PM) *
Any tips or advice? I've spent time in Geneva before but am always looking for recommendations.

Key thing about Geneva is that you have to have dealer/manufacturer invites to get onto most of the stands - or the good bits of the stands (for example you can probably blag your way onto the Lamborghini stand but they have more cars and food upstairs)
Just call the dealers an they send you a standard email invite

Funny enough Bugatti normally have the best champagne
Porsche have a full restaurant you can have lunch in
Lambo normally have ham, cheese and wine
Ferrari and Aston you will struggle to get a coffee

Last year after around 5 hours we had seen everything to just stayed at Mclaren and Rolls Royce drinking wine
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 11 2018, 01:16 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (LPDADDY @ Jan 11 2018, 02:29 PM) *
$500 a night in Europe gets you slums lol, where the fcuk u staying , hostels ?

Pick your slum, all 5 Star slums, in Geneva peak times during the show, Four Seasons is out of standard rooms for the dates I picked otherwise they are $800 + a night.

The only one which I bought during this trip which was a bit more expensive was HŰtel de Paris Monte-Carlo at $2500/night but the rest you can buy a decent room from $500 + in a 5 star hotel.

At the end of the day as long as I have a nice place to put my head down to sleep and have access to all of the 5 star hotel facilities I am happy.

I’ve saved few more major cities around Europe during the same period but Lambo Power is stuck in the 80’s when it comes to uploading photos, I am over it.

Attached File  5EEA56F6_C2EE_4EED_B399_66A245CC6F7A.jpeg ( 1.98MB ) Number of downloads: 3

Attached File  551E20EB_FFCF_4F4A_A31B_70D547D02802.jpeg ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 3
+Quote Post
LPDADDY
post Jan 11 2018, 08:41 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 201

Hotel des bergues is one the best places to stay in Geneva, some of these hotels that you see for $300 to $500 , you will be very disappointed with. I lived there for 2 years, nothing is cheap and you usually get what you pay for

--------------------

The end justifies the means
+Quote Post
Fortis
post Jan 11 2018, 03:25 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (LPDADDY @ Jan 12 2018, 02:41 AM) *
Hotel des bergues is one the best places to stay in Geneva, some of these hotels that you see for $300 to $500 , you will be very disappointed with. I lived there for 2 years, nothing is cheap and you usually get what you pay for

I know you are a huge Four Seasons fan, they probably have your favorite dish ready before you walk in the door or named after you lol, like when we stayed at the Four Seasons (was it Rome? I canít remember LOL) everyone knew you and I had the impression they were scared of you for some reason haha.

I will stay at Des Bergues next time, Iíve already booked my stay.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 05:39 PM

> Our Sponsors

your alt tag