Aventador owners.. ever see your side vents open?

Lubejobs42

I have had my Aventador for 14 months. I am in south Florida where it's hot as hell 360 days a year. I have yet to see my side air intake vents open. I've seen them open in photos but never on my car.

Has anyone ever seen theirs open??

http://business.inquirer.net/files/2011/09/lambo-side.jpg

I haven't seen mine open either, was wondering the same thing.

If I recall correctly they open based on three conditions, in order of importance...

1) You are above 99 MPH.

2) Oil temp is above 230 degrees Fahrenheit.

3) Ambient temp is 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above.

However I get the feeling that all three conditions have to be met. Seems that you would need a runway in Nevada to see them :lol2:

i've followed my best mate driving his aventador; and they definitely do open. however, i very much doubt that you can see it from the driver's seat, as they are very much ON the roof line and not on the sides. plus, they dont open by much anyways.

it does look pretty cool!! pointy sharp things pointing to the sky ready to launch some rockets :D

When doctam3 and I were in Vegas in August it was 115degrees and they were open, only time i have seen mine open.

Yep it has to be both temp & speed related can't remember exactly but the above seemed about right.

I asked same question as on demo that i tired had a fault they were up & down a lot, mine never did it ever.

There was a fault on mine and both motors were replaced, still never saw them up you hear it in the cabin almost sounds like a far away siren when they move. Scared me!

In normal hard use I think you would be unlikely to ever trigger the circumstances to get them up.

Yep it has to be both temp & speed related can't remember exactly but the above seemed about right.

I asked same question as on demo that i tired had a fault they were up & down a lot, mine never did it ever.

There was a fault on mine and both motors were replaced, still never saw them up you hear it in the cabin almost sounds like a far away siren when they move. Scared me!

In normal hard use I think you would be unlikely to ever trigger the circumstances to get them up.

Next time I'm doing 100 ill stick my head out of the window to check and then give you guys an update!! :icon_mrgreen:

My early production car had a glitch with the vents. We could get them to work with the OBD connection and computer, but then they would stop working again......

I have had my Aventador for 14 months. I am in south Florida where it's hot as hell 360 days a year. I have yet to see my side air intake vents open. I've seen them open in photos but never on my car.

Has anyone ever seen theirs open??

http://business.inquirer.net/files/2011/09/lambo-side.jpg

Crossing the Desert in Nevada and in New Mexico both driving triple digit speeds in triple digit temperastures for hours on end and they never opened.

Some earlier cars need Vasto redo the adaptation under aerodynamics. Motor is fine,you just need to readapt it. I did mine myself. However I have never seen mine open. It is suppose to show its been opened as a icon beside the spoiler raised/lower icons but I never seen mine open so I'm sure I just didn't meet those criteria. Don't drive my car hard such as on the tract though. If you go into service mode, you can raise them and the look nice. Nothing like the murchilagos though.

Yep forgotten that they show up on the console, that was where the error was showing.

They dont look that great up, ok but need to move further, murci style would have been much better.

Service mode:

DSCN9771_001.JPG

DSCN9772_001.JPG

DSCN9774_001.JPG

DSCN9776_001.JPG

DSCN9778_001.JPG

DSCN9779_001.JPG

DSCN9780_001.JPG

DSCN9782_001.JPG

Some earlier cars need Vasto redo the adaptation under aerodynamics. Motor is fine,you just need to readapt it. I did mine myself. However I have never seen mine open. It is suppose to show its been opened as a icon beside the spoiler raised/lower icons but I never seen mine open so I'm sure I just didn't meet those criteria. Don't drive my car hard such as on the tract though. If you go into service mode, you can raise them and the look nice. Nothing like the murchilagos though.

Is that your car in your avatar?? Any pics of it???

Everytime I see a verde Aventador;

:lol:

Is that your car in your avatar?? Any pics of it???

+1, matte blue wrap and a DMC kit?

Verde Ithaca is now my new favorite color on the Aventador. For the past few months its been Rosso Mars. Now VI has taken the title.

:eusa_dance: :eusa_clap:

:lol:

+1, matte blue wrap and a DMC kit?

Good eye! It's electric blue. It's all shitty cellphone photos. Waiting to do a proper shoot soon. Here goes anyway

Verde Ithaca is now my new favorite color on the Aventador. For the past few months its been Rosso Mars. Now VI has taken the title.

:eusa_dance: :eusa_clap:

Finally, you see the light! :)

When I was in Vegas last Summer in 120-130 deg weather was the first time i saw the rear spoiler up in the parked position... later, those side vents stay open--I so happen to be visiting Lambo Vegas and yep.. confirmed. this is normal and based on conditions. they stay open when you park to allow the engine to cool off. Obviously the same function while driving. I have a picture and video someplace of this happening. From the front looking at the car, they really look like bull horns. Nicely done, Lambo, nicely done!

Good eye! It's electric blue. It's all shitty cellphone photos. Waiting to do a proper shoot soon. Here goes anyway

Very nice! :icon_thumleft: Must be tough to keep that front bumper lip intact. How are the roads around there?

So far so good. If youre careful, can clear most bumps. The stock lift reslly comes in handy otherwise this car is next to impossible to drive with the extended dmc lip. Road here is ok i guess. Something like uk b roads but nothing like the roads in US or Germany. Gotta live with it haha. Fngers cross havent made contact with that lip yet.