Murcielago exhaust on Aventador

Jamie Yang

Hi all I'm new here and I have a 2012 Aventador and I was wondering if it were possible to weld a Murcielago exhaust system on the aventador's headers Of course I realize that this is not an easy job to do and involves cutting and welding new pipes and mounts and such and remapping as well. I'm just curious if it's possible since that I have the car I must say that I do not really like the robotic sound that comes out of it's exhaust.

Hello, Even if the system could be installed you wouldn't get the Murci sound out of a Aventador. Remember they are completely different engines....

Good luck and post pictures and videos of you project when you have some time. :icon_thumleft:

There are many Aventador after market exhaust out there, why use a murcie exhaust. Even the factory offers a race exhaust for the Aventador .

Hello, Even if the system could be installed you wouldn't get the Murci sound out of a Aventador. Remember they are completely different engines....

Good luck and post pictures and videos of you project when you have some time. :icon_thumleft:

Will do. I just hope to get rid of the robotic sound a little bit. What exhaust would you recommend to match the Murcielago tone just a little bit? I heard Armytrixx makes quite savage sounding exhausts and powercraft also has the high pitch howl.

Think it is just personal preference as to if you want high pitched or deep sound, lost of good makes, start with youtube and then see if you can get to hear the ones you like in person.

I would not use armytrix, the official dealer in my country stopped selling them at all after a bit as they had so many issues, they don't fit well and fall to pieces to paraphrase.

Think it is just personal preference as to if you want high pitched or deep sound, lost of good makes, start with youtube and then see if you can get to hear the ones you like in person.

I would not use armytrix, the official dealer in my country stopped selling them at all after a bit as they had so many issues, they don't fit well and fall to pieces to paraphrase.

I found my match already. It's going to be the kreissieg exhaust thatone suits my expectations

I found my match already. It's going to be the kreissieg exhaust thatone suits

I have heard the kreissieg system and think they sound good IMO , good luck and keep us posted.

As others have mentioned YouTube is a good place to watch videos and get a very good idea of sound from different systems.

You're not going to get the Murcielago sound just by installing the exhaust. You have two totally different engines with different designs along with different headers. There is an entire science to exhaust sound. Just like someone said in another thread, a good portion of these exhaust manufacturers today design something and subcontract it out to someone else while most of the time using no science to understand how the end product will sound. The sound starts at the engine and a huge deal of the tone has to do with configuration of the headers. Kreissieg is notorious for high pitch sounding exhausts but on most models they use a special design with curved pipes that meet in the center to help obtain this sound. You're not going to get the Murcielago sound just by installing the exhaust. You have two totally different engines with deifferent designs along with different headers.

Another example of the sound you're wanting to achieve can be demonstrated in equal length headers. Often times equal length headers have a higher pitched sound than regular style headers, but it doesn't always mean it's going to be high pitched. In the Lexus LFA, the engine was partly developed by Yamaha. Yamaha also is well known for their manufacturing of instruments which played a huge part in the true F1 sound of the car. They used the technology and research they had done in the production of instruments to develop and shape headers and an exhaust that would truly give them the tone they wanted. The also manufactured the car so that the cabin would absorb the sound that they wanted, but that's an entirely different story. Take for example this Mercedes

S600. It sounds pretty boring here, right?

Take the standard headers and replace them with equal length headers along with a special exhaust and you instantly have something that sounds more like an F1 car than a brutish sedan:

Best of luck with the kreissieg exhaust.

You're not going to get the Murcielago sound just by installing the exhaust. You have two totally different engines with different designs along with different headers. There is an entire science to exhaust sound. Just like someone said in another thread, a good portion of these exhaust manufacturers today design something and subcontract it out to someone else while most of the time using no science to understand how the end product will sound. The sound starts at the engine and a huge deal of the tone has to do with configuration of the headers. Kreissieg is notorious for high pitch sounding exhausts but on most models they use a special design with curved pipes that meet in the center to help obtain this sound. You're not going to get the Murcielago sound just by installing the exhaust. You have two totally different engines with deifferent designs along with different headers.

Another example of the sound you're wanting to achieve can be demonstrated in equal length headers. Often times equal length headers have a higher pitched sound than regular style headers, but it doesn't always mean it's going to be high pitched. In the Lexus LFA, the engine was partly developed by Yamaha. Yamaha also is well known for their manufacturing of instruments which played a huge part in the true F1 sound of the car. They used the technology and research they had done in the production of instruments to develop and shape headers and an exhaust that would truly give them the tone they wanted. The also manufactured the car so that the cabin would absorb the sound that they wanted, but that's an entirely different story. Take for example this Mercedes

Take the standard headers and replace them with equal length headers along with a special exhaust and you instantly have something that sounds more like an F1 car than a brutish sedan:

Damn man I would have never thought that was an S class coming my way :icon_super:

I found my match already. It's going to be the kreissieg exhaust thatone suits my expectations

did you order the exhaust? I tried to PM you but there is an error.

Yeah I know that one. That thing sounds exactly the same as the Zonda and okay I’ll look deeper into it and see how I can make the headers somewhat the same as those of the Murcielago as well sounds like more work has to be done but hey I have enough time on my hands when I’m not at the track so it should be alright.

Guys massive thanks for so much replies eventhough I am a newbie here and also thanks not to respond in a childish manner like those other internet trolls do. Well I guess that’s enough information right now and you’ll hear from me soon.