Diablo GT Project

murcivu

I know it's not new...but sure feels like the car is being put together for the first time at the factory. Every panel was stripped from the body, except the hood, of course. After this will be the interior. It's been sitting for the last 1.5 yrs, aside from the intermittent movement from bay to bay. What fluids should be changed? Battery and oil for sure. What else?

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1407.JPG

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see it in person.

I call first right of refusal should you ever decide to part with it!

Ryan...I will definitely let you know when it's done or if it were to ever be sold. Would love for you to see it in person. Are you coming to C&C for the Aventador preview?

Ryan...I will definitely let you know when it's done or if it were to ever be sold. Would love for you to see it in person. Are you coming to C&C for the Aventador preview?

I saw it at the preview party at the dealership. It's nice but I think white is a bad choice for this car. Black looks sinister.

Can't wait to see your car done. Diablo GT, Ferrari F40 and 965 Porsche Turbo are my all time favs.

Thanks for the update, I hope the project is finished well!

Where did you get your GT parts from again? Alan is looking for some.

No question, do all fluids including brake fluid, etc. No brainer. Can't wait to see end result!

More pics coming tomorrow, after I drop by the shop. For now...gonna start on the interior. I will be replacing the seat logo, as well. The dash will be updated to the 6.0 The center console will be kept entirely carbon fiber. Thought about doing an arm pad rest, but the carbon fiber was too beautiful to cover up. Also replacing the entire carpet & retrimming all the interior panels. Inside & out will be like new once done!

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_1498.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Where did you get the carbon fiber center tunnel from?

Use to be a replica company called NAERC. Due to Audi, they had to close shop. The carbon fiber actually looks really good. I might end up selling mine. Just let me know if you're interested.

• 4 weeks later...