Looking for a wi fi blu ray player with netflix/blockbuster.

Assman

I'm looking to get a blu ray player with built in Wi Fi that has netflix and blockbuster included.

There are quite a few of them and it's daunting to sort through. I know some of you know a LOT more about this than me.

So which should I buy? I dont' need the best one in the world as far as audiophile/videophile quality. Preference is one that functions well and is easy to use. I'm looking to get 3-5 of them for myself and parents and inlaws and possibly sister/sister in law if price is right.

Thanks.

I looked and ended up just getting a PS3. I'm not a huge gamer at all but I got a great deal so it was marginally more than a regular BR player. Does all of the above flawlessly. It's 3D ready too if thats your thing and the storage on it is nice 160GB most commonly. It's a great player, audio processor on it's own. Amazon ran them at $299 with free $100 giftcard awhile back.

I looked and ended up just getting a PS3. I'm not a huge gamer at all but I got a great deal so it was marginally more than a regular BR player. Does all of the above flawlessly. It's 3D ready too if thats your thing and the storage on it is nice 160GB most commonly. It's a great player, audio processor on it's own. Amazon ran them at $299 with free $100 giftcard awhile back.

I have a ps3. I like it but I'm looking for a stand alone player for the old folks.

Looks like you want it all in one machine! :) Keep in mind that this type of players will always be a "jack of all trades but expert of none" so don't expect it to do wonders. As it is still a somewhat immature technology, also consider that many of the machines do lag when they are streaming.

The best deal is the LG BD390 but you know my pet peeve about Korean electronics.

Personally, I find the Panasonic DMP-BD-75 quite nice.

I'm not sure what my exact model is, but I have a samsung one that works great for netflix/blockbuster, but it won't play any video formats I can find burned straight to a disc. Kind of annoying, but manageable. Just something to look out for...