Aventador Roadster and Huracan P or Aventador Roadster SV?

AustinLambo

Hi,

Look at SV Roadster prices. Most are in the $500k range. I have a 2014 Aventador Roadster....ordered a H-Performante. Considering the SV vs owning both of the others.

Opinions?

Austin

Having dual bulls in the garage does look more badass!

I have your dilemma all the time.

For me, it all comes down to how much I get to drive my super cars. I, unfortunately, do not get to drive my super car that much because of weather I have in my city and my line of work so for those reasons, I have no reasons to have to Lambos. I barely get to drive one. I chose to have a SV Roadster vs two lesser Lambos.

Also, I only have two car garage spaces. I once had an exotic car sit outside to weather elements when I had three exotic cars because I ran out of car garage spaces. What I really need is a new bigger house than having these waste-of-money Lambos. My head ain't right.

Ask yourself, do you have time to enjoy both cars if you have two or are you like me? If you barely drive one, no sense having two. Get the SV. If you like variety and if you drive your super cars throughout the week because you can, then having two will be badass!!

I was in your spot for years. 2 car garage...

Moved 4 years go to a wonderful town just north of Austin. House had a barn..now I have room for 10 cars.

Thanks for your response.

Money wise I did a little shopping. When a SV Roadster comes for sale they seem to sell for $40k over list....and falling. That would put the all-in price of a SV Roadster in the mid $500k range.

Not sure what my 14 Aventador Roadster is worth. I bet the Huracan Performante I have on order will cost in the very low $300s. Money wise I maybe better off getting the SV Roadster vs the H-P and keeping my 14.

When you have 10 cars (and you will if you are crazy enough...) the way to look at the cost is adding the annual projected depreciation + insurance cost. I own all my cars, but if you have debt against them add in the interest. Some of my cars are appreciating and 1 appreciated by more than double vs what I paid (89 Porsche 911 Speedster).

Anyway...back to enjoying this rainy non-car day!

Having dual bulls in the garage does look more badass!

I have your dilemma all the time.

For me, it all comes down to how much I get to drive my super cars. I, unfortunately, do not get to drive my super car that much because of weather I have in my city and my line of work so for those reasons, I have no reasons to have to Lambos. I barely get to drive one. I chose to have a SV Roadster vs two lesser Lambos.

Also, I only have two car garage spaces. I once had an exotic car sit outside to weather elements when I had three exotic cars because I ran out of car garage spaces. What I really need is a new bigger house than having these waste-of-money Lambos. My head ain't right.

Ask yourself, do you have time to enjoy both cars if you have two or are you like me? If you barely drive one, no sense having two. Get the SV. If you like variety and if you drive your super cars throughout the week because you can, then having two will be badass!!

The only downsides to two are garage space, insurance, licensing and maintenance... upside of two... you have a killer cruiser and a wicked track car. If you don't drive on the track just get the SV and have one.... me I would keep the A roadster and get the H Perf.. but that's me

This is a hard one because I kind of have the same dilemma, no time to use the cars because of work commitments, haven't been able to set foot in the SV in more than two weeks :(

The SV is a stunning beast which I love but the Huracan Performante is exactly what the doctor ordered for me LOL I will not order the Performante until I test drive it, I will be deciding at that point, the thing is, it's very likely I will end up with both, then I will have 3 cars I won't have time to drive.

If I were in your shoes I'd keep the Roadster, grab the Performante see how that works out if you don't like it I'd shop for the SV R later.

Financially you will be less exposed since you already have the Roadster and a well specced Performante will be relatively easy to move at your cost when the product will be desirable and fresh on the market, so yes I'd experience that combo first.

Good luck with your decision.

If you have the opportunity, I would test drive the SV roadster first and see if you like it. Or at least test drive a SV coupe if possible. I might be the odd ball here but I see the LP700 roadster as a cruiser (I made a long post reviewing the LP700 roadster). Of course it offers good performance in general but it is a lessor hardcore exotic sports car than the SV. Some may find the SV a bit too austere whereas a regular LP700 can cocoon you with lots of creature comfort. The Performante is in the same league as the SV. You may find its size very appealing and more easy to handle. If you like the SV-roadster, buy it. Simply because its production is finished; you cannot order it anymore but there are plenty of opportunities to get the Performante in the future.

I also have 14 Roadster and a 16 SV Roadster. I drive the first car and keep the second as a backup as the Verde Ithaca SV gets too much attention, the other is all black :). In the past when I had only one exotic, there was always something that happened to the car that would keep it stuck in the service for a few weeks and it was usually the best time to drive the car - summer.

I also have 14 Roadster and a 16 SV Roadster. I drive the first car and keep the second as a backup as the Verde Ithaca SV gets too much attention, the other is all black :). In the past when I had only one exotic, there was always something that happened to the car that would keep it stuck in the service for a few weeks and it was usually the best time to drive the car - summer.

Buys two outrageous exotics because one might get stuck at the service department and one is slightly more understated than the other.

This is just too cool, you just gave me the perfect excuse for having two Lambos :lol2:

Buys two outrageous exotics because one might get stuck at the service department and one is slightly more understated than the other.

This is just too cool, you just gave me the perfect excuse for having two Lambos :lol2:

This was the first winter that I used the 700 as a daily driver and it was great except for a month or so when it was getting dark early and snowing / raining / freezing and visibility was a problem but other than that it did the job great. I test drove a bunch of cars including GTC 4 Lusso and when I got back to my car I didn't see a reason to change to a "better" winter car. I'm so in love with Aventador that I think I'm stuck with it forever. The only thing I might do is move from 700 to Performante Spyder next year. I see little sense in changing 700 to 740 S as it is basically SV without the wing and with the 700 interior...

Buys two outrageous exotics because one might get stuck at the service department

You have no idea how much truth there is to that! You seriously need several exotics if you want to be guaranteed a drive always. One can be in service, one has a failed mechanical part, one is getting some paint done, etc..

The other week I was so excited when I looked around and I realised that all the cars were at home and in working order. Then I jumped in one to take out and it died on the spot - ran out of fuel without knowing because of a broken fuel gauge.. :eusa_wall:

You have no idea how much truth there is to that! You seriously need several exotics if you want to be guaranteed a drive always. One can be in service, one has a failed mechanical part, one is getting some paint done, etc..

The other week I was so excited when I looked around and I realised that all the cars were at home and in working order. Then I jumped in one to take out and it died on the spot - ran out of fuel without knowing because of a broken fuel gauge.. :eusa_wall:

That's why I have more than one Lambo...

In almost 15 years of owning exotics I've never experienced that, I guess I am just lucky.

I lost a whole summer when the murci had a loose wire at the ECU they couldn't find... Thank goodness for the Porsche... but yeah it takes very little to have an exotic out of commission

I actually don't think you need any kind of excuse or reason to own more than one Lamborghini.

For me the real question is - if circumstances allow then why wouldn't you?

I actually don't think you need any kind of excuse or reason to own more than one Lamborghini.

For me the real question is - if circumstances allow then why wouldn't you?

Having time to enjoy them is my biggest issue, I hate having redundant things which I don't use, that's why I love minimalism, I'd only have a piece of furniture if I am using it if it's just for decoration purposes it just bugs me every time I look at it, I throw away, donate, etc things all the time just because I hate clutter and seeing around things I don't use anymore.

That's my issue, now I have the GT4 just sitting there, every time I go to the garage I am thinking of getting rid of it but I like it to much so then what I do, I take it for random drives in the afternoons :lol2:

I know I know but it is what it is and I can't really help it.

I can relate to all the above. Forget reliability especially if you compare to Porsche. The looks are always with lambo but I always have back ups for those embarrassing moments. After initial problems, my 700 roadster is actually now smoother and drives better than my SV R - who knows maybe with time the SV R will improve. Maybe the mechanic in Sydney performed some magic lol.

so stop buying shitboxes.

Hi,

Look at SV Roadster prices. Most are in the $500k range. I have a 2014 Aventador Roadster....ordered a H-Performante. Considering the SV vs owning both of the others.

Opinions?

Austin

Tough one...guess it depends on what you really want to do on a daily basis. SV may be tough to drive everyday so having the Performante and the Roadster may allow you to span 7 days all Lambo. Just a thought :)

Keeping my 14 Roadster. Love it too much to ever sell...and getting the Huracan P. Wife likes the GT qualities of the Avey so no reason to go SV. The H-P is the perfect compliment.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Tough one...guess it depends on what you really want to do on a daily basis. SV may be tough to drive everyday so having the Performante and the Roadster may allow you to span 7 days all Lambo. Just a thought :)

Keeping my 14 Roadster. Love it too much to ever sell...and getting the Huracan P. Wife likes the GT qualities of the Avey so no reason to go SV. The H-P is the perfect compliment.

Awesome. Enjoy! Sounds like a solid decision. :)

Happy wife happy life.

Congrats on the Perf! 2 is better than 1

Let us know color and how you end up spec'g the P!

Smart choice, IMO