Bugattu Veyron Successor Spy Shots

berkut

Why a "successor"? Looks the same as all other Veyrons to me. New drivetrain is hardly a model change

This is the green model. Has a the powertrain from the E-golf, along with the steering wheel.

Why a "successor"? Looks the same as all other Veyrons to me. New drivetrain is hardly a model change

lol seriously...what's with the camouflage wrap?

Of Course it looks the same, cause it's an early test mule. They are testing the new powertrain setup for the new model.

So it's really "non-spy" shots of a camo, normal looking Veyron with a new powertrain that no one could see? I get it but why camo the car if the engine is essentially hidden.

Manufactures are using camouflage to tell us something new is about to come out, it's all for marketing purposes, I haven't seen the military testing any of their equipment, have you?

If they really wanted to keep things under wraps they very easily could, it's all about creating hype.

Manufactures are using camouflage to tell us something new is about to come out, it's all for marketing purposes, I haven't seen the military testing any of their equipment, have you?

If they really wanted to keep things under wraps they very easily could, it's all about creating hype.

Lol well yes, yes I have seen military testing new equipment but those are not in public places :) But from a marketing standpoint, I can understand your point.

Lol well yes, yes I have seen military testing new equipment but those are not in public places :) But from a marketing standpoint, I can understand your point.

Damn, spill the beans :icon_mrgreen:

Prior the Huracan release, late last year, I had access to some internal Lambo docs in which they outlined the market release strategy and timeline (I still have the docs), it was very funny to see the planned internet photo leaks :lol2: everyone milks the social media for all its worth!

I think Bugatti knows that if they want to create the next "ultimate" automobile they have to address the criticisms of the Veyron, and weight was probably the biggest issue people had. I think despite the hybrid powertrain the new car will be lighter than its predecessor.

As for the camo I agree with Fortis that it is most likely there to create some hype, but it is also there to confuse the eye a bit and distract from a few of the more obvious additions to the car. That being said, after looking at the pics I can't find many visual differences other than the vent at the left rear. The other changes are pretty obvious (massive brakes and some added bits under where the wing should be), and camo doesn't really do much to hide them other than making you look at all the ugly squares everywhere.

I am a huge Bugatti fan because their cars are always the ultimate expression of the automobile, ever since Ettore founded the company so long ago. Despite the several changes in ownership and management, I love that the cars always emphasize "no compromise."

If you guys haven't read about it, you should look up the prototype braking system tested on the EB110. It was similar to aircraft brakes and IIRC the setup was a carbon rotor and two carbon discs as the calipers. The stopping power was so immense they decided it was just too strong for the road (and it cost as much as the rest of the car). Just a cool tidbit on their attempt to make the ultimate back in the 90s.

Carbon_Industries_EB110_braking.jpg

Doesn't look like camo to me either. It is just a supersports with the wing removed. When they tested the motor and dsg transmission for the original Veyron, they were using a Diablo at one point with the massive DSG box sticking out the back of the car, from what I was told. They can usually fit a drivetrain into anything to test how it works on the road. I think your video game idea is very interesting too.

i dont think the replacement will really have another 16cyl motor. who says thats a real 16cyl under there ?

does the car weigh 4200lbs already ? with a hybrid, it'll be well over 4500lbs. no way they would do that.

its all about weight now.

im guessing theyre gonna do a crazy twin turbo and supercharged v8. whatever theyre gonna do is going to be insane. this is vw we're talking about. koenignegegegegeeg, pagani, mclaren, etc just woke up the giant. i cant wait to see whats in store.

how awesome of a car age are we living in huh ?